Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:48 pm

That Moss Jungle Book is gorgeous. Can't think of any scenario where I'll end up with one, its resale is going to start high and just keep climbing :(
jpfondu
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:11 pm

First Obey drop. +1 for battleroyale. Tough going though. That site is a peace of fudge.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Jaspar wrote:That Moss Jungle Book is gorgeous. Can't think of any scenario where I'll end up with one, its resale is going to start high and just keep climbing :(

Yep. Love it. Typical him, but damn it looks good.
purplespiders
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:57 pm

Its beautiful, if the run isn't huge I predict totoro prices longer term.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:55 pm

theaface wrote:Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hello, as I've been a long term lurker, non-existent poster and whatnot. This whole print scene is somewhat intimidating for a newbie, but I'll see how I go.

Took my first plunge the other day and bought the Whalen 'Hector Salamanca' print from one of our own on here. My hope against hope is that I can pick up a couple more Whalen prints (especially in love with his upcoming Aladdin one), so that I can hang a set in my home. Anyone know of what the likelihood/chances/best ways to get hold of some of Disney prints might be for a newbie, other than just waiting for resales?

All the best,
theaface

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Enjoy what you like collecting, what gives you pleasure. No one print genre has any greater merit than another… despite what you might hear elsewhere. :)

Anyone going for the Bernie Wrightson from Nakatomi (presumably quite soon)? The variant is blooming' lovely looking.
Last edited by dearmrecho on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:57 pm

dearmrecho wrote:
theaface wrote:Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hello, as I've been a long term lurker, non-existent poster and whatnot. This whole print scene is somewhat intimidating for a newbie, but I'll see how I go.

Took my first plunge the other day and bought the Whalen 'Hector Salamanca' print from one of our own on here. My hope against hope is that I can pick up a couple more Whalen prints (especially in love with his upcoming Aladdin one), so that I can hang a set in my home. Anyone know of what the likelihood/chances/best ways to get hold of some of Disney prints might be for a newbie, other than just waiting for resales?

All the best,
theaface

No one print genre has any greater merit than another… despite what you might hear elsewhere. :)
Bunkum and fiddlesticks and you know it , M'lord
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:59 pm

Fattyramone wrote:
Bunkum and fiddlesticks and you know it , M'lord
Yes, that's right dear :)
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Wrightson just dropped.
xenmate
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:41 pm

drymount it, I got one

thank you dearmrmecho, thank you very much
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Glad you got one... I would have loved one but for the lack of ££££££s

Did you go reg or variant?
antiyou
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Anyone want to PB for me at the Flood Gallery? Godmachine just released a Goblin Gig poster and I needs it. What I don't need is the drymounting flood gallery gorilla gripping and bending the print before they ship it to me.

I'll happily pay for your service and freight etc.

Let me know.
Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.
xenmate
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:10 pm

dearmrecho wrote:Glad you got one... I would have loved one but for the lack of ££££££s

Did you go reg or variant?
Variant, not into the blue in that reg... hope to snag a b/w though!
battleroyale
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:39 pm

jpfondu wrote:First Obey drop. +1 for battleroyale. Tough going though. That site is a peace of fudge.
your the man, pints on me :pint:
fitz
Art Expert

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:58 pm

so I had my Dad build me a mini flatfile for my birthday - not bad for a bloke well into his 70s :)

turned out really well and small enough to slide under my bed - very low quality ipod pics incoming - will take some proper ones in due course :) need to get some stickers or something to decorate it - all solid wood/ply wood - no mdf nastiness.

Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:49 pm

Cool, flat file twins! I used twin ball latches to hold the lid down. I was originally going to do all varnish, but I ran out of what was left in my shed, so moved to gloss to seal the inside. I then lined with felt