Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:51 am

Absolutely! I've not been long collecting myself. I've found this to be an incredibly helpful and (most of the time) friendly environment.

It is a super addictive hobby, though.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
pking1601
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:19 am

It is a super addictive hobby, though.[/quote]

I totally agree with that! and also add that it can be super expensive!
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:21 am

dearmrecho wrote:especially with it being mostly film related
Certainly film related posters and prints are a big deal on here at the moment (and have been for the past couple of years) but the database is heavily dominated by gig posters as that is what this place started out being about. More and more 'street' and 'lowbrow' art (for want of better terms) are also being discussed and documented here in recent times. Its great because members expose each other ( :shock: ) to their own tastes in art and artists and it's constantly evolving as a result. Just be careful, I've found no other hobby that is as ruinous to a bank account...

Welcome, by the way!
this aggression will not stand, man.
adamrworsell
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:23 am

I was once told you can't win them all & to only go for what you like.... It's just a shame that I like almost all! Good to see the UK chat
bert
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:33 am

It would be cool if some of the independent cinemas in the UK followed the Alamo Drafthouse's lead with regards to posters and events here - there's some great artists in the UK and I reckon it could take off. Above everything, it's a great way to market a cinema. Perhaps if I win the lottery and can quit work, I'll give it a go.
Last edited by bert on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamrworsell
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:35 am

Defeinitely thought this myself. Already got a plot picked out for when my numbers come up ;) old school cinema going at its best. Posters galore!
bert
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:42 am

Ha ha, yeah, I daydream about it too - I'd definitely give it a go if my numbers came up...just a little two screen place that serves beer/coffee and nice snacks in the lobby, cool double bills of classic films and some nice posters.
infinity
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:10 am

Bit of a new user here - recommended by another art/poster collecting friend.

Got the bug after I bought a star wars stout poster for my older brothers 30th birthday (ROTJ).

Ever since then, I've been picking up posters here and then that I love.
Izmon
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:47 am

If anyone want to get rid of their iron man regular from the drop yesterday once they recieve it please let me know cheers
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:47 am

bert wrote:Ha ha, yeah, I daydream about it too - I'd definitely give it a go if my numbers came up...just a little two screen place that serves beer/coffee and nice snacks in the lobby, cool double bills of classic films and some nice posters.

It's not just me then... that's reassuring. :D
Gavatron
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:23 am

ansin blade runner night somewhere plx :)
aivc
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:28 am

I know this is the Uk thread, but here's my question :D I'm relatively new to poster collecting and I got 7 posters on their way to me. I'm from Belgium. I'll looking for a good online frame/sleeve seller in Europe (kinda like AmericanFrame for the frames, and somewhere to buy Mylar sleeves and stuff). I guess a UK website is alright too, but the shipping is a bit more expensive then France or Germany.

Thanks for your help guys !
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
ianpotter
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:05 am

Are there any cricket fans here? I've got a pair of tickets for England vs. West Indies at Lords on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th May, but sadly can't make it now due to other commitments. Just looking to get my money back - £60 for the pair on Saturday and £50 for the pair on Sunday if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Sunday tickets now sold.
Last edited by ianpotter on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
heartstrand
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:10 am

dearmrecho wrote:
bert wrote:Ha ha, yeah, I daydream about it too - I'd definitely give it a go if my numbers came up...just a little two screen place that serves beer/coffee and nice snacks in the lobby, cool double bills of classic films and some nice posters.

It's not just me then... that's reassuring. :D
the Prince Charles Cinema really want to do this, but I don't think they have the budget

I offered to do a few posters for them but they've not got the ball rolling yet
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:52 am

We should make it happen! They're the perfect cinema for it. The licsensing is the only hurdle.

Dan could even be the house artist!

Also, how many of you guys would make the trip to Winchester if Olly gets this screening organised? Luckily Winchester is only about a 30 minute drive from me.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi: