Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:41 pm

Down to the last copy of my screenprinted artist book - a sinking night, drawings volume one
http://alancampbell.bigcartel.com/produ ... s-volume-1
Video preview
https://vimeo.com/74463808

And Sold out.
vvarlock
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:03 am

Jaspar wrote:
vvarlock wrote:
Jaspar wrote:Welcome!
Once you get sleeves, you'll still need something rigid to protect them while storing flat. I'd suggest getting some foam core or a couple of clip frames from Wilkos. You could always order some acid free tissue paper from amazon/ebay to tide you over until you got sleeves.
Thanks Jaspar, yeah was looking at foamboards today actually on ebay. Think it was around £60 for 15 which is pretty good in lieu of sleeves.
I've never actually ended up buying the stuff. Out of interest, how much was postage? Could you post a link?
Cheers
Ones I was looking at (free postage):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOAMBOARD-5mm ... 43c0e0e0dd
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOAMBOARD-3mm ... 35cd3bf340

Although the clip boards that were mentioned could also do the job:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Poster-100x70-A ... clip+frame
vvarlock
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:04 am

rimmer wrote:Sorry vvarlock,completely bypassed your post.
Welcome!
No worries! Love Red Dwarf btw!
hpoorthuis
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:03 am

fitz wrote:
hpoorthuis wrote:Also, Is Thought Bubble worth a €500 trip? Really thinking about going this year, but apart from Mondoish stuff is it good?
I wouldnt have said so unless you were doing it as part of a wider trip. It is good but its much more of a comics event than an art event for the most part.
Thanks, will look into making it a longer trip. I like the occasional comic but don't love m.
deestar
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 am

hpoorthuis wrote:
deestar wrote:Image

This was the master list, if everyone is ok with the amounts please state so. Also money will have to be collected before order is placed
So we going through with this? How much where the cost again and when will the funds need to be collected?

Also, Is Thought Bubble worth a €500 trip? Really thinking about going this year, but apart from Mondoish stuff is it good?
I am looking to see if i can handle the whole thing, however it may be a few months away because its looking like its going to be over £600+.

I would look at possibly having the funds collected by September-ish, then maybe distribute some at Thoughtbubble.

The only thing i am hesitant with is dealing with mis-sized sleeves, its a pain in the ass having sleeves delivered to the UK and then looking to send them back etc.
Jaspar did a lot of work on the last order and took on the financial burden himself.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:41 am

How's the ISO search going dee?
deestar
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:45 am

Chenley123 wrote:How's the ISO search going dee?
3 down.

Many more to go.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:31 pm

deestar wrote:
hpoorthuis wrote:
deestar wrote:Image

This was the master list, if everyone is ok with the amounts please state so. Also money will have to be collected before order is placed
So we going through with this? How much where the cost again and when will the funds need to be collected?

Also, Is Thought Bubble worth a €500 trip? Really thinking about going this year, but apart from Mondoish stuff is it good?
I am looking to see if i can handle the whole thing, however it may be a few months away because its looking like its going to be over £600+.

I would look at possibly having the funds collected by September-ish, then maybe distribute some at Thoughtbubble.

The only thing i am hesitant with is dealing with mis-sized sleeves, its a pain in the ass having sleeves delivered to the UK and then looking to send them back etc.
Jaspar did a lot of work on the last order and took on the financial burden himself.
Dee , with the greatest respect , just say to people sent me "£X" by Friday of next week and have done with it....send off the order and it's done

Those who have dithered , well tough luck ,...

That's what Jasper did and within a week the order book was closed and within 2-3 weeks those of us who jumped on board and paid promptly had what we wanted ...biff , bang ....done!

Watching this drag on and on and on due to indecision and constant dithering gets no-one nowhere . :evil:

To the rest of you ....pull your socks up ......know what you want do the maths on the the quantity you want and send your money to whomever is acting as the hub and DO IT.

otherwise at this rate I'll lay a penny to a £ you'll still be talking about it this time next year.
xenmate
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Apologies for the London related thing again to our friends up North...

Channel 4 is organising a series of screenings at Sommerset House and will have some movie related screen prints to go with them. You can RSVP to the exhibition here.

I'm away from the country unfortunately :evil:
deestar
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:03 pm

I think the trouble is that I came into this with a previous list of people wanting sleeves, me included.
Now maybe I should start anew - so this is what I will do, I will start again from now.

The new list will consist of three types of sleeves -

18x24
24x36
Quad

(The links are further back in the thread.)

The order will be placed on 7th August

If you want sleeves add your name and amount. I will then ask you to pay me for the sleeves required, without the import fees or postage added.
I will handle that - then when they arrive your sleeves will be sent out to you when the balance is paid. If not your sleeves will stay with me.

So start a new list and add your required amounts.
Last edited by deestar on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenmate
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:11 pm

deestar wrote:I think the trouble is that I came into this with a previous list of people wanting sleeves, me included.
Now maybe I should start anew - so this is what I will do, I will start again from now.

The new list will consist of three types of sleeves -

18x24
24x36
Quad

(The links are further back in the thread.)

The order will be placed on 7th July.

If you want sleeves add your name and amount. I will then ask you to pay me for the sleeves required, without the import fees or postage added.
I will handle that - then when they arrive your sleeves will be sent out to you when the balance is paid. If not your sleeves will stay with me.

So start a new list and add your required amounts.
Name / 18x24 / 24x36 / quad

xenmate / 20 / 10 / 0

ta!
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:45 pm

xenmate / 20 / 10 / 0
Fitz / 5 / 10 / 0
rimmer
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 pm

xenmate / 20 / 10 / 0
Fitz / 5 / 10 / 0
Rimmer /15 / 15 / 0

Thanks,I went for more as this might not happen again for sometime
ImageImage
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:25 pm

The order will be placed on 7th July?
deestar
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:48 pm

dhokes wrote:The order will be placed on 7th July?
Meant August. :D