Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
fitz
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 4:04 pm

xenmate wrote:
rocker wrote:
xenmate wrote:
rimmer wrote:Looks like most of the uk contingent fudge out then :D
Yeah I fudge out too. Bummer. Really liked the colours on that.

Thank you all for the compliments on the Nosferatu print by the way. The feedback so far has been really encouraging. If the response to the second edition is half as good as it has been for this one I'll be chuffed to bits.

And of course you'll have a heads-up on the on-sale date, it'll be UK friendly for sure.
2nd edition????
Yes, as in the next movie poster (not Nosferatu) 8)
I thought you were going all Doyle on us for a minute there :P
xenmate
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Ha!

Yeah I don't know why I didn't just use the word release.

Well I do know but the explanation is well boring :D
fitz
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 4:47 pm

wow but these mondo drops are just getting more and more disappointing, the hit rate is about 1 in 30 nowadays - and its not that I am getting jaded as I still see prints I love, but the mondo stuff is really, really dipping in quality.
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Mondo has lost it. It's been a long time since I cared.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 7:15 pm

fitz wrote:wow but these mondo drops are just getting more and more disappointing, the hit rate is about 1 in 30 nowadays - and its not that I am getting jaded as I still see prints I love, but the mondo stuff is really, really dipping in quality.
I don't think it's really fair to say that they're dipping in "quality"… they're just not for you (or me as it happens). In and of themselves they are decent enough prints I think. I like the French Connection print style but I'm not sure it lends itself to the movie - I think it's maybe a bit whimsical for a tough cop drama. Tong can do some great work… but not this week. I'm sure there will be plenty of people these appeal to though.
fitz
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 8:05 pm

dearmrecho wrote:
fitz wrote:wow but these mondo drops are just getting more and more disappointing, the hit rate is about 1 in 30 nowadays - and its not that I am getting jaded as I still see prints I love, but the mondo stuff is really, really dipping in quality.
I don't think it's really fair to say that they're dipping in "quality"… they're just not for you (or me as it happens). In and of themselves they are decent enough prints I think. I like the French Connection print style but I'm not sure it lends itself to the movie - I think it's maybe a bit whimsical for a tough cop drama. Tong can do some great work… but not this week. I'm sure there will be plenty of people these appeal to though.
yeah quality probably wasn't the right word, but whatever the right word is, the current releases have all been lacking in it :)
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 2:52 am

I just miss billing blocks and all that. They don't feel like movie posters without them
jampar5000
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 4:49 am

its funny, i thought Taylor would have at least one release I wanted, but am relieved to say that its a massive pass on all that's been revealed so far.

Can someone remind me - is there even a snake in predator?
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
jpfondu
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 5:10 am

Does big Arny grab a snake at some point? I could be confusing it with Enter the Dragon :?

The Moments Lost Exhibition looks good though.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 29, 2014 6:02 am

jpfondu wrote: The Moments Lost Exhibition looks good though.
Yeah, it does! Will probably be going for an Eng, and Raid71. Am hoping the Eng's don't get too much hype before the drop! Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it here! :roll:
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 6:05 am

I like the Catwoman, but I am a sucker for the character in general. I can say one thing, Taylor in the flesh looks amazing. Some prints you get, and it's just yeah...looks good. But I have two or three (I forget) and they blow me away. If the aftermarket isn't too bad I will pick it up. It's always tricky knowing when to bite on eBay straight after a show though. Still kicking myself for not snagging Moss JB for 250. Fitz, I haven't moved on from that like you said I would! :P
Loobaz
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 29, 2014 6:36 am

I like the Frankenstein and Predator (mainly due to my love of the movie) most, and reckon the variety is pretty good. Ken's stuff is always much better in person, imo, as you can really appreciate the details of his work. There's no way to translate it on a small screen.

And quite honestly, I'm quite glad it won't become a flip-fest as I find it so nauseating continually reading about that fudge. It spoils a heap of threads on here lately, and while it may have started tongue-in-cheek - it's pretty bad these days. Plus, there's a good chance some will make an online drop. Grumble over....

Also (sorry to go backwards here) - I think this output from the biggest movie print company out there and one of their best artists just goes to show how phenomenal the Nosferatu print shown a day or so back is. I'm not affiliated at all, just think it's interesting to see a newcomer on the scene blow the big guns out of the water, and I love the UK getting more action.
fitz
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 1:24 pm

LeeKaye wrote: Still kicking myself for not snagging Moss JB for 250. Fitz, I haven't moved on from that like you said I would! :P
I am still kicking myself for not getting a ROTK for $300 when I first found this place - I just thought that price was crazy :lol:

the prices for the newer Moss stuff though seems to be impacting on the price for his older stuff - I passed in the end but there was a Jackie Brown rolling roadshw print the other week with a BIN price of $100 - I know its not the best of that series by a long stretch but even so that is a great price and it wasnt like it was instantly snatched up it sat there for a good few days
jpfondu
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Do any of you guys follow Jim'll paint it on Facebook?
He draws weird and wonderful requests from people using only miscrosoft paint.
rimmer
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 4:33 pm

susan boyle struggling to open a packet of hobnobs with the powerloader from aliens
was a personal favorite
ImageImage