Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:30 am

I'm going to one of the talks if i can get tickets but i was planning already getting one of my kafka on the shore print signed and i'm not sure what you'll even be allowed to get him to sign, it may just be copies of the new book.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:31 am

What's the date for this? Or is it over several?
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:34 am

2 different talks
August
saturday the 23rd - 3-4pm
sunday the 24th 6.30-7.30pmg
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:38 am

I haven't read it yet but I have been told to give 'The wind-up bird chronicle' a go
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:40 am

AlanCampbell wrote:I'm going to one of the talks if i can get tickets but i was planning already getting one of my kafka on the shore print signed and i'm not sure what you'll even be allowed to get him to sign, it may just be copies of the new book.
Yeah, I was going to see if you were going to this as well. Would be great to get your print signed by him. :drool:

I'd say it'd be any book - or if not, then just the new book which is supposed to be great. Can't wait to grab it.

I'm reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicle now and loving it. It's the last of his books that I haven't read. I strongly recommend reading Dance, Dance, Dance, Kafka on the Shore, Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and then once you've tackled those, give 1Q84 a shot. It's a big book, but it's one of my favourites.

Here's a link with the details of the talk: https://www.edbookfest.co.uk/the-festiv ... i-murakami
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Sorry man I think I'll be at Leeds festival on the August bank holiday weekend. I'll ask the girl from work though and let you know if she can do it.

Quick question guys a couple of my letterpress have been slipping in the last week. I'm assuming it's the heat? It's also partly to do with the cheap tin pot frames no doubt. I don't want to tape it in place. Any ideas?

fitz
Art Expert

Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:10 pm

jpfondu wrote:Sorry man I think I'll be at Leeds festival on the August bank holiday weekend. I'll ask the girl from work though and let you know if she can do it.

Quick question guys a couple of my letterpress have been slipping in the last week. I'm assuming it's the heat? It's also partly to do with the cheap tin pot frames no doubt. I don't want to tape it in place. Any ideas?

I use a lot of XL photo corners (37mm ones) seem to work fine for most things :)

Wish I was up in Edinburgh I have some stuff I would love to get GRRM to sign.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:10 am

jpfondu wrote:Sorry man I think I'll be at Leeds festival on the August bank holiday weekend. I'll ask the girl from work though and let you know if she can do it.
No worries at all. The Leeds festival would be damn good so enjoy it.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Raid71
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:16 am

Is anyone going to the http://www.thelondonillustrationfair.co.uk/

Been offered a table there but not sure, has anyone been before?
making marks on paper for food
http://www.raid71.com
https://twitter.com/raid71
jampar5000
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:02 am

Raid71 wrote:Is anyone going to the http://www.thelondonillustrationfair.co.uk/

mmm interesting - never been, but sounds good. Do let us know if you decide to go. I'll buy you breakfast again. :)
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
rimmer
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:15 am

No,it looks pretty good though
going to see faith no more the day before,so might stay up and check this out
ImageImage
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:17 am

rimmer wrote:

No,it looks pretty good though
going to see faith no more the day before,so might stay up and check this out
Also going to faith no more! Going straight back home the next day though...
rimmer
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:26 am

It's gotta be done! :lol:
ImageImage
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:22 am

DonPiano wrote:
AlanCampbell wrote:I'm going to one of the talks if i can get tickets but i was planning already getting one of my kafka on the shore print signed and i'm not sure what you'll even be allowed to get him to sign, it may just be copies of the new book.
Yeah, I was going to see if you were going to this as well. Would be great to get your print signed by him. :drool:

I'd say it'd be any book - or if not, then just the new book which is supposed to be great. Can't wait to grab it.

I'm reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicle now and loving it. It's the last of his books that I haven't read. I strongly recommend reading Dance, Dance, Dance, Kafka on the Shore, Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and then once you've tackled those, give 1Q84 a shot. It's a big book, but it's one of my favourites.

Here's a link with the details of the talk: https://www.edbookfest.co.uk/the-festiv ... i-murakami

Nope, no murakami tickets for me, i forgot about it until 9am when they went on sale, they had set up a queue system and i was number 3670 and it sold out when i was 1700ish

I'm now trying to bribe people on twitter, ticket cost + a copy of the kafka on shore print
jpfondu
Art Expert

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:50 am

fitz wrote:

I use a lot of XL photo corners (37mm ones) seem to work fine for most things :)

Wish I was up in Edinburgh I have some stuff I would love to get GRRM to sign.
Thanks man