Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:50 pm

I'm not a huge fan, from a distance it looks like a furry roof :?
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Get closer to it then...
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:13 pm

I like it too. If there was more detail or colour on the house I think it would be less furry :)
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Hehe :twisted:
Furry roof, furry roof, furry roof
Should keep their heating bills down though...
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:09 pm

its a fine print but just not representational of the artist's other work which is primarily character based and as others have said both durieux are so good, the new flesh is also pretty awesome.

I can't fault his design but i guess the film is just postered out for awhile,
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:24 am

This topic kinda rose its head on the football thread , where the friendly Taffs , the genial Jocks and the drymounting English were having a polite debate :D

No seriously though , question to our Scottish brethren on here ....do you really want independence and would it work?

Surely we are bigger as one nation?
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm super yes, Here's a couple of thoughts,
I'm submitting this but i'm not replying to anything else or it will just go on forever, (really I'd prefer to bring the north of england with us)
Also mostly what i studied at uni was european politics and economics.

the political culture and parties have shifted since the 80's to such an extreme form of anarcho capitalism and its just not quite the same mind set in scotland,
the main political parties in westminster are both right wing now and they don't challenge extremists views,
they also ignore basic economic theory with the austerity measures to get us out of a recession.
they also want £130 Bn nuclear submarines that can't be used and if they are its the end of the world, also hosting those 30 miles outside of the largest city in scotland,
I'm also pretty terrified of the prospect of leaving the EU, its our largest trading partner, 57% of our exports 55% of imports and i don't want any of my EU friends to have to leave nor the thousands of uk people living in the EU.
Uk policies are completely set for londons benefit, this includes the macro economic policy.
Illegal wars.
in scotland we have one tory Mp elected out of 59 but because of their support in england were ruled by them and they're policies are enforced on scotland, last time the tories won overall in scotland was in 1955
the population of scotland is falling while the government at westminster is implemented tighter immigration laws

it would be nice to live in a country that focuses on getting the basics right for the people and not just trying to get they're friends super rich and kill people in foreign countries, more denmark, sweden, norway than america

on the finance side this Financial times article paints a postive light http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/5b5ec2ca-8a67 ... tml#slide0
over all its been difficult to get real information on the finances, most of the media has been pretty bias in towards no.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi Al , don't worry I don't want to draw you in.

It's the smaller things I worry about.

I just wonder if you do go independent who will pay for the 1000's of miles of small wee roads to "oor willies" place way out in the glens in 20 or 30 years time when the roads start to fail badly , will your relativly small population be able and indeed willing to pay for their upkeep?

I'm not talking about your major urbanised areas , they will always be catered for , but it's your smaller more countrified populous that will maybe lose out when the sheer cost of its upkeep is tallied up.

It's bad enough now trying to get things like broadband to places way out in the wild where the cost to supply is far outweighed by the numbers of eventual users.
fitz
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:26 pm

having lived North of the Border for a few years I can understand the emotional appeal of going independent but I think the realities of the situation would be more negative than positive - the problem is the Yes campaign just seems to paint this rosy picture where Scotland becomes this near utopia and the No campaign paints it all as doom and gloom and so from the outside it seems as though those in the middle are just left confused.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:33 pm

And now ladies and gentlemen , we have a reasonable debate....

jools
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 pm

I just wonder if you do go independent who will pay for the 1000's of miles of small wee roads to "oor willies" place way out in the glens in 20 or 30 years time when the roads start to fail badly , will your relativly small population be able and indeed willing to pay for their upkeep?
lol you make it sound like westminster has actually ever given a shite about rural Scotland.

I'll be glad if Scotland as a mass actually goes ahead and votes for independence, but I'll believe it when i actually see it happen - but like Alan has mentioned the media-bias towards a no campaign makes me think there must be a reasonably rosy future ahead if Scotland were to go it alone.
As someone who's lived with anti-english sentiment round about me all my life i'll be happy to vote yes and let Scotland fuckit up for themselves. Unless the new wave of nationalism means that i'll be sent back home?
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:01 pm

na, I'm pretty sure it'll be illegal for your print collection to leave scotland
jools
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:04 pm

howsabout i finally buy one of your's? will ya let me stay? :P
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:16 pm

I'd need to speak to some people to check but i think with those terms you'd be able to stay.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:42 pm

jools wrote:howsabout i finally buy one of your's? will ya let me stay? :P

You'll be sorry that you haven't when the angels take him silently and then he's revered as Scotland's favourite militant anarchistic beat poet cum pencilsmith.

And his work will be worth tens of Scottish ££££'s.

(Thanks for the book Al , it was delivered yesterday , nice one you militant bugger :D )