Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:59 pm

I wish I could find some. Damn you flat for being small...damn you bed for being so low!!!...and while we're at it, damn you Itoya for not being available in the UK!!!
1nkling
Site Admin

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:Just add 3% onto the total amount you're sending to cover the seller's Paypal fees. The seller can have no complaints and you're covered if anything goes wrong.
3.4% + 20p for the UK.

Great calculators around for this such as this one.

Remember that PayPal charges 3.5% above base rate on its currency conversions as well.. :?

I agree on the caution but sometimes its worth a risk. I just had a lovely trade with jonkino and I decided that his feedback was good and reputation sound enough that I'd risk it and sent payment by gift. Had I been worried I'd have sent an amount to cover the fees to ensure he got his asking price anyway. All turned out well. :clap:
My up to date trades and ISOs.
rocker
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Good to hear the jonkino hulk transaction was easy. He is a top bloke, with an impressive print collection!
jonkino actually bought the Hulk thinking I needed it, he was completely confused as I was looking for Thor. So I am glad I played a very minor role in helping everyone out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/posterbuddies/
Facebook group for chatting about prints
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:28 am

RupertPupkin wrote:I rarely, if ever, send gift payments these days, seen too many people get burned - including by long term, 'trusted' members.
Word.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
jampar5000
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 am

Thanks guys, some great advice there. Hope you don't mind but I have a couple more noob questions as we go along. I want to trade a poster for another poster, and likely some cash as the poster I want is worth more than the one I am trading. What's the process for that? Which are the uk forums you mention dearmrecho? Looking to trade an olly moss godfather 2 for a moss dirty Harry if any of you peeps are interested. Also how do you see Eb feedback?

Adamworsell - that is a brilliant buy, I think even my girlfriend would be keen on one of those - well done! Might be a while yet though, she goes a bit crazy when I keep buying more prints. Do engelert's landscape prints fit in there?
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:33 am

jampar5000 wrote:Thanks guys, some great advice there. Hope you don't mind but I have a couple more noob questions as we go along. I want to trade a poster for another poster, and likely some cash as the poster I want is worth more than the one I am trading. What's the process for that? Which are the uk forums you mention dearmrecho? Looking to trade an olly moss godfather 2 for a moss dirty Harry if any of you peeps are interested. Also how do you see Eb feedback?

Adamworsell - that is a brilliant buy, I think even my girlfriend would be keen on one of those - well done! Might be a while yet though, she goes a bit crazy when I keep buying more prints. Do engelert's landscape prints fit in there?
'Why don't we not buy anymore until we get some framed? Will they just stay in that tube? So, you've just got that one and your swapping it for another one? What have you bought on PayPal!? A tube has turned up at work...anything you want to tell me?' these are just a few quotes from my girlfriend in the last couple of weeks...it's like I'm some sort of dirty paper pervert!

If you click on the users name, to the left of the screen there should be a tab marked feedback
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:35 am

Sorry, click their name, then 'about', then there should be a tab on the left of the screen
deestar
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:44 am

There is another...

paraphrased a Yoda quote a little but dude, you get asked the same questions too. I thought it was just me. NOW i am feeling better about my poster/print habit.

Glad to feel that i have found a forum that doesn't mean i have to attend a meeting like AA.

Have dropped an email to a few members to introduce myself. I am Dave and i have been collecting for about three years, like many of you the Olly Moss S.W set is my grail but between that have other
Prints i will be on the lookout for, will keep you updated.
adamrworsell
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:55 am

jampar5000 wrote:
Yeah easily, they're roughly 47" by 36" so can almost fit 2 large prints next to one another.

My old ones are up for sale if any Southerners are interested.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 am

jampar5000 wrote:Thanks guys, some great advice there. Hope you don't mind but I have a couple more noob questions as we go along. I want to trade a poster for another poster, and likely some cash as the poster I want is worth more than the one I am trading. What's the process for that? Which are the uk forums you mention dearmrecho? Looking to trade an olly moss godfather 2 for a moss dirty Harry if any of you peeps are interested.
Does someone have the Dirty Harry for trade? If you haven't anything lined up already you could put your Godfather in your trades section and add the Harry to your wants ection then use the matchmaker feature in the left hand menu... It will filter through all the other EB collections where those two prints are for trade or wanted then contact the member about it.

The other forums I mentioned aren't art related... Just places where I've bought and sold things a lot. Digitalfix is film related an the AV Forums is all related to home cinema... That's where I do most of my shopping for 2nd hand DVDs, blurays, ps3/wii games and AV equipment.
Last edited by dearmrecho on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:23 am

adamrworsell wrote:
jampar5000 wrote:

Damn you southerners! I'm originally from Bristol but live in Leeds, so, technically a turncoat! There don't seem to be many going in the north at the moment.

Yes, AA group would be good! Lol. But my other half, lovely as she is, has a dress collection to revel a large department store and knows that her two wardrobes full out weight my tubes...this is always a good counter attack/trump card!
deestar
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:24 am

Also as i am a Newbie, i wondered if i could pose some questions to members of the forum (insert eyeroll here) i have a few that would benefit from the obvious experience you guys have, and no i didn't just call you slags!!

So here goes,

Im a keep in the tube collector atm, i want to store them safely but don't have room for storage the size of a baby elephant! I have read about mylar sleeves and acid free backs, what would you recommend? Also how long and what process would you use to flatten a print?

I know that import fees bite! Has anyone ever compiled a list of studios, artists that generally have or avoid these fees? Like Mondo doesn't, Acid Free Gallery does etc.

Are there any members who generally pick up more than one print, when available, that tend to offer them up for fellow U.K collectors? Too many drops a week at times and no chance to catch them all.

Thanks for now, appreciate your time for a newbie.
Last edited by deestar on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:30 am

deestar wrote:There is another...

paraphrased a Yoda quote a little but dude, you get asked the same questions too. I thought it was just me. NOW i am feeling better about my poster/print habit.

Glad to feel that i have found a forum that doesn't mean i have to attend a meeting like AA.

Have dropped an email to a few members to introduce myself. I am Dave and i have been collecting for about three years, like many of you the Olly Moss S.W set is my grail but between that have other
Prints i will be on the lookout for, will keep you updated.
Oh, and welcome...I'm fairly new to all this to (the E Bean did of things anyway)
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:34 am

adamrworsell wrote:
jampar5000 wrote:
Yeah easily, they're roughly 47" by 36" so can almost fit 2 large prints next to one another.

If you were in the US, I would snatch those up quick from you! Those are more contemporary looking than just about every other wooden flat file I have seen, and after a little refinishing for a different stain, they would go great with the rest of my decor! Someone needs to pick these up from you, files like this dont come up often.
Image Image Image
adamrworsell
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:38 am

Ha Summoner, shipping won't be that bad to you ;)