Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
korkykat
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:53 am

heartstrand wrote:later this week, just had some proofs over today in fact
Heartstrand, Drive still on for later this week? Really excited about this one.....
korkykat
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 am

Help please,

I've been offered Mark Sinckler's Age of Shiva, what would be a reasonable price to pay for it?

I think it originally sold for £150 but not sure.

Your comments, please.

Thanks.......
Last edited by korkykat on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SKEEEZ
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:00 am

Thought I'd offer this here before I take it to the main board as for most it'll be a rare chance to pick up this print without paying a couple of hundred pound + in customs charges.

Stout - Big Trouble in Little China

I'm looking for £670 Open to offers, no trades though please.

This print has been trimmed 1-2mm on either side, other than that the corners are crisp and the edges are good. It has been in a frame for a couple of years but I took it out to photograpah so it is currently in a tube. There is no fade, reds, gold & black POP.

If you want to come and see the print before you buy it, that's no problem. PM me and we'll sort something. I live on the south coast near Portsmouth.

Not looking for any trades at the moment. I'm going to buy a kayak with whatever I get for it and have an amazing summer splashing around with my young son.

Thank's guys

SKEEEZ

Edit: Price reduced.
Last edited by SKEEEZ on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stingers
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:04 am

If a pinholed print went for $730 ish dollars I think you'd be more than a bit lucky to get $1100 for a trimmed version but who knows when it comes to Stout . . .
heartstrand
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:38 am

korkykat wrote:
heartstrand wrote:later this week, just had some proofs over today in fact
Heartstrand, Drive still on for later this week? Really excited about this one.....
Yeah, should be pal. My laptop is in for repair at the moment so I'm treading water a bit, but should be Friday evening
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:05 am

Not mine, but this is a bargain for anyone who missed.

eBay Tom Whalen 'Two Gun Mickey'
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Hey, does anyone know if we can pick up cheap 18 x 24 inch frames in the UK?

I have a couple of not so valuable prints I want to frame on the cheap.
heartstrand
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:44 pm

not ready made, but I've had a few A2 frames made at a framer from flat black 1" composite and they usually come to about £16 each with glass and backing board
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 pm

heartstrand wrote:not ready made, but I've had a few A2 frames made at a framer from flat black 1" composite and they usually come to about £16 each with glass and backing board
I think I'll be going down that route then.
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:36 pm

@ hellraiser, allposters has some cheapy ones, i think if you add to your cart and leave them there they send you discount codes if you don't checkout too...

Some stuff to sell, lack room

Budich Reservoir Dogs, #/150, 24x36, £35 delivered

Daniel Danger, Walking Dead, #/250 AP 12x24, £35 delivered

DKNG, True Blood, #/250 AP, 16x20, £30 delivered

Rhys Cooper, Oldboy Reg, #/210 AP, 18x24, £30 delivered

Florian Bertmer, Paradise Lost, #/60 AP, £60 delivered

Bertmer, Call of Cthulhu, 1/1 TP (test print) same colourway as Gallery Ed, £65 delivered

Pms please, discounts for bulk, UK only please.
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:43 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:
Stingers wrote:You can select all sorts of length and diameter combos here :

http://www.defendapack.co.uk/postal_tubes.htm

I've been using variations of this type :

http://www.defendapack.co.uk/Postal_tub ... ameter.htm
Thanks for the heads up on these, I ordered a box of 25 late on Monday night and they arrived today, they look solid.

Perfect for sending out the print in my winter mystery tube that I'm currently selling with 2 tubes left.
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Hellraiser wrote:Hey, does anyone know if we can pick up cheap 18 x 24 inch frames in the UK?

I have a couple of not so valuable prints I want to frame on the cheap.
eBay 320700138197 These are good too, for the non archival stuff.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
dangermouse
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:43 am

Hi everybody,
First post round here, fairly new to the whole scene and looking for a bit of advice if nobody minds
I hope none of you mind me asking, but I have heard at some point that somebody has managed to claim back their customs charges due to Art only being subject to 5% VAT.
Could somebody please tell me a little bit more about this because I have pile of receipts for the Royal Mail over the last 6 months to the tune of between £20 and £50 each and if I can get some of that back I'd like to know how to.
Thanks for any help at all.
BTW I've noticed a few of you are from the Portsmouth area and I am too :)
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:55 am

Welcome, man! There's been a lot of talk about customs charges in here. Personally I've never been bothered enough to claim any back, so this interests me as well. I should probably start claiming.

Not long ago a friend of mine was going to try opening the tube and getting the poster, then making the tube weigh exactly what it did before and sending it back as 'refused delivery' and therefore getting his customs charges back. Not sure if it worked though... Can't see why it wouldn't.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
bert
Art Expert

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:01 am

dangermouse wrote:Hi everybody,
First post round here, fairly new to the whole scene and looking for a bit of advice if nobody minds
I hope none of you mind me asking, but I have heard at some point that somebody has managed to claim back their customs charges due to Art only being subject to 5% VAT.
Could somebody please tell me a little bit more about this because I have pile of receipts for the Royal Mail over the last 6 months to the tune of between £20 and £50 each and if I can get some of that back I'd like to know how to.
Thanks for any help at all.
BTW I've noticed a few of you are from the Portsmouth area and I am too :)
Hi, there is some good info on this thread over at the Banksy forums. The initial post is quite old, so perhaps read through to the end in case anything has changed. Good luck with it, hope you can claw some cash back - http://banksyforum.proboards.com/index. ... read=17538