Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
darkninja1985
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:26 am

jvwoodford wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm
Baroque portfolio is my choice: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/colle ... 6508268605

10% off code here: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/pages ... r/LVTNWVKP

I used to buy separate thick 4mm Mylar sleeves from a supplier in the US but they were just a nightmare to store and very expensive. Portfolio is definitely more convenient for flat storage I find, especially if you don't have the space for a flat file like me.
Just ordered myself a portfolio thanks for the discount code helps with the saving. Do you know if you have to pay an import/customs fee once item arrives?
New to the Movie Art Poster scene.

Drop it punk, dead or alive, you're coming with me - Robocop
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:45 am

darkninja1985 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:26 am
jvwoodford wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm
Baroque portfolio is my choice: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/colle ... 6508268605

10% off code here: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/pages ... r/LVTNWVKP

I used to buy separate thick 4mm Mylar sleeves from a supplier in the US but they were just a nightmare to store and very expensive. Portfolio is definitely more convenient for flat storage I find, especially if you don't have the space for a flat file like me.
Just ordered myself a portfolio thanks for the discount code helps with the saving. Do you know if you have to pay an import/customs fee once item arrives?
You shouldn't need to, I have never had too. I would maybe send them a quick email just to request, I'm sure they won't have any issues with doing it for you :wink:
darkninja1985
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:33 am

Yeah, they said I shouldn't get charged, happy days!

I got a discount code too if people want to use it - https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/pages ... r/LCFKKDGC

Noirdeathe
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:13 pm

Can't believe I've only just found this place! The U.K is a deadzone when it comes to alternative prints and having to import for the USA all the time is not cheap.

Finally ordered my Baroque portfolio back at the beginning of October and it is very, very slowly crawling its way here.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:00 pm

Many moons ago, a group of us pitched together to get a pack of Itoya display portfolios. It was a lot quicker than expected and a real pain in the arse to get sorted. After a couple of minor bumps they arrived and were well worth the hassle, in my opinion. Great way to meet some great guys from the thread
darkninja1985
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:48 pm

My portfolio should arrive this week hopefully. The wait is killing me lol

Noirdeathe
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:51 am

Baroque portfolio finally arrived this week and I am impressed! Great size, well made/durable and plenty of extra room in the sleeves; only negative thing I have to say about it is that the clip bindings inside aren't particularly strong (but then I have possibly overfilled it).

Have any of you been part of a private commission? There have been a few poster releases in the last year that've killed me how unavailable they are and I want to get in on that action.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:18 pm

When did they post your portfolio?
Mine was posted on the 21st of Dec but still no show.
darkninja1985
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:58 pm

Im still waiting on my portfolio man. Mine was sent put on the 23rd Dec

scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:48 am

Noirdeathe wrote:

Have any of you been part of a private commission? There have been a few poster releases in the last year that've killed me how unavailable they are and I want to get in on that action.
The commish side is a bit odd, for me anyway. Buying a print blind based on the artist and the property is kinda 50/50 and you might not like the outcome, but you've paid maybe x2 or more of what you would buying an offical one from source, if you manage the drop.

I've been in some that were great and some where the outcome was not great and the group just argue. They can also be hard to get into as even if you are in a group, certain ones just fill up fast, as they will flip, so it's almost like a 'drop' if say any kind of Eng commission were to open. You would need to be in the correct hidden or private facebook group and then also keep a good enough eye on it that you don't miss it.

Maybe I am just skeptical as at one point there was loads of these and they have maybe died down a bit. The other way to get them is to just follow the artist and wait for their APs.
shazla
New User

Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:58 pm

Heya UK collectors! I have a couple of super specific UK-related questions that hopefully this thread might be able to answer;

1. Are there any good halfway houses to pick up the mondo stuff that doesn't regularly ship outside of the US that are regraded are trusted/reputable around these parts
2. Has anyone got any war stories over getting smacked around with customs post -Brexit from EU deliveries?
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:13 am

scobro13 wrote:
Noirdeathe wrote:

The commish side is a bit odd, for me anyway. Buying a print blind based on the artist and the property is kinda 50/50 and you might not like the outcome, but you've paid maybe x2 or more of what you would buying an offical one from source, if you manage the drop.

I've been in some that were great and some where the outcome was not great and the group just argue. They can also be hard to get into as even if you are in a group, certain ones just fill up fast, as they will flip, so it's almost like a 'drop' if say any kind of Eng commission were to open. You would need to be in the correct hidden or private facebook group and then also keep a good enough eye on it that you don't miss it.

Maybe I am just skeptical as at one point there was loads of these and they have maybe died down a bit. The other way to get them is to just follow the artist and wait for their APs.

Noirdeathe
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:15 am

scobro13 wrote:

Appreciate the response; I'm pretty happy to go in blind with Eng pieces as even if they are bit more expensive. Means I'll at least not get bent over a barrel in the aftermarket for the pieces I want, even if they do turn out a little fudge (I'm looking at you Robocop).

Refuse to pay the prices expected for Lord of the Rings / Annihilation prints (but got a little lucky with Godzilla/Zelda variants). Just wish obvious scalpers didn't sit in the commission groups to make a quick buck.
jpfondu wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:13 am

I don't think I'd be sad if I got that; I'd just give it to someone I hate.

Did your Portfolio arrive in the end?

----
shazla wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:58 pm
Heya UK collectors! I have a couple of super specific UK-related questions that hopefully this thread might be able to answer;

1. Are there any good halfway houses to pick up the mondo stuff that doesn't regularly ship outside of the US that are regraded are trusted/reputable around these parts
2. Has anyone got any war stories over getting smacked around with customs post -Brexit from EU deliveries?
a) Not found any myself; most of my purchases have been through eBay or if I get very, very lucky through Social Media connections.
b) If you can don't buy anything from the EU currently. Almost everything I've picked up has had a lovely £30++ Brexit bonus attached. You're actually more likely to skip that (+import) if you order the posters from the US.
darkninja1985
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:32 am

Noirdeathe wrote:
Baroque portfolio finally arrived this week and I am impressed! Great size, well made/durable and plenty of extra room in the sleeves; only negative thing I have to say about it is that the clip bindings inside aren't particularly strong (but then I have possibly overfilled it).
My Portfolio did eventually arrive it's pretty solid, the clips were a lil suspect and I emailed them about it, they offered to replace it free of charge. Great service! Defo worth having especially if it means I can make space without loads of Tubes knocking about!

Noirdeathe
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:44 am

darkninja1985 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:32 am
Noirdeathe wrote:
My Portfolio did eventually arrive it's pretty solid, the clips were a lil suspect and I emailed them about it, they offered to replace it free of charge. Great service! Defo worth having especially if it means I can make space without loads of Tubes knocking about!
I regret not contacting them about the clips in mine; one side is pretty good but the other side is a little bit fudged if I try to flip over more than 5 sheets. Still; it seems to close correctly (and doesn't matter whilst laying down). I just keep it zipped up and in the box it came in.

Not having about 20+ poster tubes knocking about is fantastic though; despite a few posters coming out a little warped. :cry: