Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Fattyramone wrote:
LarryForsyth wrote:Does anyone know if postage costs count towards the overall value of the item coming into the country?
Yes , indeed it does.
Thanks (and damn).
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:43 pm

LarryForsyth wrote:Does anyone know if postage costs count towards the overall value of the item coming into the country?
Yes it does, you will pay customs duty / vat on it so if you have high postage charges - watch out, cause the tax man is about!!
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:47 pm

jonkino wrote:
Yes it does, you will pay customs duty / vat on it so if you have high postage charges - watch out, cause the tax man is about!!

But I should add, it will only count if you have an item that is taxable - ie with a value of £15. I think I have had items with a low value on but shipped priority express at a cost of $50 and never seem to get charged on it then, I believe you will only get taxed on if they are charging you import duties on the item enclosed .
jpfondu
Art Expert

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:33 am

OK guys regarding the Delort drop. We have 6 out of 7 confirmed (Wolf Man still on offer)
JP – Invisible Man
Dante – Wifey of Franky
Scobro – Dracula,
Xenmate – Create from ‘yon Lagoon
Deestar – Mummy
Andrew S – Frankenstein

If we don’t get a 7th member we would be looking at $350 + postage ($40 approx)/6 to get the prints to the UK. That is assuming we all agree on ordering the regular version of course. That works out to be about £42ish each.
Getting them from me to you could perhaps be a take one pass it along.

So I guess the first question is if you still want in with 6 people?
Are you happy with the reg version?

For the Wolfman we could all just pick a number and whoever gets closest to the Lottery bonus ball can take it?
xenmate
Art Expert

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:38 am

I'm happy with the reg.

Were you to sort it all out inc. shipping to ppl I think you're entitles to keep wolfman :)
jpfondu
Art Expert

Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Cool.
Thanks man, but the lottery will put some excitement back in my life :)
Unless we can fill the spot. I might post a couple of close ups.
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Yeah I'm still in boys
fitz
Art Expert

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:53 pm

sorry, I was only really interested in the Mummy & Frank :(
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:45 am

Right someone in Canada won an auction of mine, and wants me to put a low amount on the customs form. Question is, can I insure it for the full amount (£300) and put 10 on that sticker? I always send signed for, as I want to be sure it gets there, and I have never had anything go missing, but it's tempting fate I am sure to insure for just 10 quid and get it tracked.
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:28 am

LeeKaye wrote:Right someone in Canada won an auction of mine, and wants me to put a low amount on the customs form. Question is, can I insure it for the full amount (£300) and put 10 on that sticker? I always send signed for, as I want to be sure it gets there, and I have never had anything go missing, but it's tempting fate I am sure to insure for just 10 quid and get it tracked.
Is this through eBay? If yes and it did go missing, you'd be obligated to pay the buyer the full amount but it would be questionable whether you'd see your print value back in your own pocket. Don't do it. Send it fully insured and don't leave yourself open to being out of pocket. If the buyer doesn't like it (again, presuming it's eBay) then they should have checked with you before purchase.

Slightly different if it's a private sale...
jpfondu
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:32 am

I would only consider it if the money was sent as a gift and the buyer agreed to take responsibility of any damages.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:40 am

Yep, through ebay. It's annoying, as I check this stuff BEFORE auctions end. And now there is this drama around it, as you say, I am fully at risk. FFS.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:41 am

Do the staff check the customs sticker vs. declared value by the way, more out of interest than anything to be honest.
Stingers
Art Expert

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:05 am

If you don't declare full value and it gets lost, you'll be the one liable for it.
It's pot luck if he gets caught out or not. Just tell him you have to ask that stuff before the auction ends and you're sending it full value.
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:25 am

LeeKaye wrote:Yep, through ebay. It's annoying, as I check this stuff BEFORE auctions end. And now there is this drama around it, as you say, I am fully at risk. FFS.
If the buyer bought the item without first checking your stance on insurance declaration it's their problem not yours - too many times, buyers purchase items and then try to bully sellers after the fact.

Stick to your guns and say you only ship at full cost, worst case scenario is they don't want the print and you cancel the auction.