Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Yeah, I'd echo what everyone else has said. Maybe use the the 'will I hang it?' question on yourself. Try to stick to your favourite movies, as it's easy to get carried away with buying. Buy based on the art, not the artist, all artists have their ups and downs. Conversely, if in two minds about going for a drop, especially for popular artists, personally I go for it, better to get a print at the original price and end up selling it on, than regret not going for the drop and having to pay aftermarket prices. But take it easy, it gets tedious trying to sell on when you've accumulated way more than you should have!
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:15 pm

Jaspar wrote:Yeah, I'd echo what everyone else has said. Maybe use the the 'will I hang it?' question on yourself. Try to stick to your favourite movies, as it's easy to get carried away with buying. Buy based on the art, not the artist, all artists have their ups and downs. Conversely, if in two minds about going for a drop, especially for popular artists, personally I go for it, better to get a print at the original price and end up selling it on, than regret not going for the drop and having to pay aftermarket prices. But take it easy, it gets tedious trying to sell on when you've accumulated way more than you should have!
Which will happen :lol:
1nkling
Site Admin

Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:27 pm

LarryForsyth wrote:
Jaspar wrote:Yeah, I'd echo what everyone else has said. Maybe use the the 'will I hang it?' question on yourself. Try to stick to your favourite movies, as it's easy to get carried away with buying. Buy based on the art, not the artist, all artists have their ups and downs. Conversely, if in two minds about going for a drop, especially for popular artists, personally I go for it, better to get a print at the original price and end up selling it on, than regret not going for the drop and having to pay aftermarket prices. But take it easy, it gets tedious trying to sell on when you've accumulated way more than you should have!
Which will happen :lol:
BUY MY STUFFFF!!!!
My up to date trades and ISOs.
fitz
Art Expert

Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:30 pm

the real flips aren't really in the movie print world (exceptions exist of course) but if you are buying stuff by established artists then you are unlikely to actively lose money - but its certainly not impossible and even with the biggest names it happens.

I keep getting caught in the hype and the hopes of scoring the next big thing but it rarely if ever happens (at some point you start to realise your chances of getting on at the ground level with the next Banksy are slim to nil) and the one time I managed to get something that was worth a good bit more than I paid for it, it was a print I just really liked I had never really heard of the artist before :lol:

having made quite a few mistakes and wasted a fair bit of money I would say to just pick one or two artists or themes to follow and try to stick with that - and that print you think you must have chances are you wont even think about a week later :pint:
sidaldo
Art Expert

Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Does anybody have spare 24" X 36" archival sleeves or knows where to get them from in the UK?
Nehcrux

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:23 am

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I'll just try take it easy at first and not get too caught up in the hype!

So what are you all keeping your prints stored in, and what are the best sleeves to get? I'd like to get something sorted before mines get posted.
fitz
Art Expert

Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:09 pm

^^ a decent temporary measure is to get a big clip frame from Wilkos and some sheets of acid free tissue paper and stick it under your bed or anywhere it can be kept flat.
HippyChick
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:18 pm

sidaldo wrote:Does anybody have spare 24" X 36" archival sleeves or knows where to get them from in the UK?
I use these http://www.valentinosdisplays.com/30x40 ... -1741.html. A bit bigger than 24" x 36" but it's tricky getting that exact size over here
fitz
Art Expert

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:26 pm

HippyChick wrote:
sidaldo wrote:Does anybody have spare 24" X 36" archival sleeves or knows where to get them from in the UK?
I use these http://www.valentinosdisplays.com/30x40 ... -1741.html. A bit bigger than 24" x 36" but it's tricky getting that exact size over here
those look good (but expensive) - I always think I should order a ton of the sleeves next time a group buy is in and just stick em on ebay :)
zaphod42
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:02 pm

Or you could try these from pel, http://www.preservationequipment.com/St ... r--Pockets
near the bottom of the page they have 75 micron 955mm x 625mm pack of 10 for £40.
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:35 pm

I use there Perservation Equipment equivalent of 18x24s in an archival newspaper storage box. Does the trick, I may get some bigger ones next pay for my larger ones now you point that out...
rimmer
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:24 am

Added a few things to my trade/for sale list if anything blows your frock up lettuce know

If anyone wants this just pay for postage,it's yours
ImageImage
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:56 am

LarryForsyth wrote:
fitz wrote:
LarryForsyth wrote:
Yeh it's so quiet in here nowadays I may as well.

Well I am reducing some of my Flatfile, these are all ThoughtBubble prices as I can bring them with me saving on postage/fees. If anyone wants anything before then add postage and I'll ship them out this week.

Delort - Martha variant £40 (small crease on the bottom left corner)

Ferguson - SOLD

Gilbey - Terminating Loop - £5

Taylor - Inner workings of time - £5

Eng - Stargate Reg (light scuff marks on the bottom) - £20

Hero Gallery Complex mystery tube stuff:

Pokemon 12x36 - £5
The Fugitive - £5
Clint Eastwood 24x36 (S&D) - £5
sidaldo
Art Expert

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:59 pm

180 quid shipped - Mounted otherwise mint
ImageImageAPImageImage

75 quid shipped

75 quid shipped - S&D
ImageImage

40 quid shipped

35 quid shipped

I am also happy to trade or in case you have anything from my ISO, PM me as I am looking to buy some stuff: http://expressobeans.com/members/wanted.php?id=43197
sweetjesus
Art Enthusiast

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:49 am

hey friends
i'll be in UK on a stopover from Moscow next week, will have these on hand if anyone is looking for them...

Image Image Image

also Obey Megaphone & Obey Bomber album covers from the the boxsets (xx/150).

Floats anyone's boat lemme know. Can drop Royal while there.

Thanks!

SJ