Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
HippyChick
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:48 pm

lapislazuli wrote:I need help with something...

I got a letter yesterday from FedEx - "Duty & Tax Invoice".
And I don't understand anything
They are charging me:
- £12 "Advancement Fee" (what is an "advancement fee"?
- VAT at 0.00% = 0%
- "Disbursements out of the scope of EU VAT": £4.79 (So, the VAT is 0% or is not 0%?)
TOTAL = £16.79

It's the first time I get this kind of invoice. I usually just get the one saying they will not deliver the goods until I pay the customs fee. But this one... I honestly don't understand it.
I think the print it refers to it's something I bought two months ago. Is this normal? :?

Thanks...
FedEx often send their invoices after the prints have been delivered.

I've just had a look at the new FedEx invoice layout and it looks as if the 0% VAT is VAT adding to the total fee you are paying, not the import VAT. http://images.fedex.com/downloads/invoi ... TAL_GB.pdf

The advancement fee is the FedEx charge for dealing with paying the fees to Border Force for you - this is pretty normal. Not something to be happy about but hard to get around.

The disbursements outside the scope of UK VAT are any import duty and import tax charge combined. These should be broken down in the box towards the top of the page. From this you can see the import tax charge and work out if it's been charged at 5% or 20% depending on the cost of the print.
lapislazuli
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:17 pm

HippyChick wrote:FedEx often send their invoices after the prints have been delivered.

I've just had a look at the new FedEx invoice layout and it looks as if the 0% VAT is VAT adding to the total fee you are paying, not the import VAT. http://images.fedex.com/downloads/invoi ... TAL_GB.pdf

The advancement fee is the FedEx charge for dealing with paying the fees to Border Force for you - this is pretty normal. Not something to be happy about but hard to get around.

The disbursements outside the scope of UK VAT are any import duty and import tax charge combined. These should be broken down in the box towards the top of the page. From this you can see the import tax charge and work out if it's been charged at 5% or 20% depending on the cost of the print.
Many thanks
I double checked - was charged 5%
The link was also very useful. Again, thanks.
HippyChick
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:23 pm

lapislazuli wrote:
HippyChick wrote:FedEx often send their invoices after the prints have been delivered.

Many thanks
I double checked - was charged 5%
The link was also very useful. Again, thanks.
Glad it helped :)
hpoorthuis
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:54 am

Anyone in here want my Craig Drake Fett Blue 1/1 for €115 shipped?
deestar
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:26 am

Hi everyone!!

Just wanted to bring this thread to life a little bit.

Is everyone looking forward to ThoughtBubble?
gavgriff77
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:13 am

Yeah! Will be good to catch up with folks more than anything.

You looking forward to receiving your annual pint? :pint:

:D
That Which Can Be Imagined Need Never Be Lost
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:20 am

I certainly am though at present no clues as to what might be available - I hope Olly has more than just 50 5x5s on him this time around. Perhaps he is going for an alternate year pattern? 2012 - not much, 2013 - incredible, 2014 - not much, 2015 - ???

Still so many cool artists due to be there, plus looking forward to finally meeting Nicolas.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:29 am

As ever, I shall be sunning my skinny ass in Tenerife. So a shame to not go to TB, but you know...
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:35 am

Time to start my yearly AC/Shenmue 5x5 campaign :) :drool:

Mondocon is 4-5 weeks before - wasn't Olly meant to have a print for that - Potential AP's at Tbubs?

Was thinking of starting a Thought bubble trade thread, given that it's the one time of year we're all in the same location - good time to trade/buy prints and avoid any paypal/ebay fees.
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:12 am

LarryForsyth wrote:Time to start my yearly AC/Shenmue 5x5 campaign :) :drool:

Mondocon is 4-5 weeks before - wasn't Olly meant to have a print for that - Potential AP's at Tbubs?

Was thinking of starting a Thought bubble trade thread, given that it's the one time of year we're all in the same location - good time to trade/buy prints and avoid any paypal/ebay fees.
I would just stick any trades in here - not like its so busy it will get lost :)

I know Olly is due to attend Mondocon but hadn't heard anything about him having a print there?
Smith187
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:15 am

I totally stood in the wrong queue when it opened last year and missed out on all the good stuff. I wasn't in the Matt Ferg queue or mondo.
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:18 am

fitz wrote:
LarryForsyth wrote:Time to start my yearly AC/Shenmue 5x5 campaign :) :drool:

I would just stick any trades in here - not like its so busy it will get lost :)

I know Olly is due to attend Mondocon but hadn't heard anything about him having a print there?

I've definitely read somewhere that Olly had 1 print for Mondo this year. He's listed as a guest on the Mondo-con website.
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:19 am

Smith187 wrote:I totally stood in the wrong queue when it opened last year and missed out on all the good stuff. I wasn't in the Matt Ferg queue or mondo.
Pizza Express queue :P
Smith187
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:30 am

Off topic, but I felt the need to share. I got possibly the worst packaged poster I have ever received yesterday. It was a Rocket Raccoon Tong from eBay. I couldn't believe how bad the package was. No Tube, just an amazon box folded into a prism with parcel tape. Then A4 bits of paper sellotaped together to cover the poster and then the print was folder horizontally. Its a miracle its in any sort of useable condition. Its definitely not mint anymore, got a few small ripples on the back but the image seems ok. Unbelievable. My wife didn't understand why i was getting worked up, I must come here for some sympathy.
IMG_3622.JPG
IMG_3619.JPG
IMG_3621.JPG
Last edited by Smith187 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smith187
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:32 am

LarryForsyth wrote:
Smith187 wrote:I totally stood in the wrong queue when it opened last year and missed out on all the good stuff. I wasn't in the Matt Ferg queue or mondo.
Pizza Express queue :P
Ha, might well have been. :)