Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
popcultprints
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Hello UK friends! If any of you fine collector's have any Richey Beckett pieces you're looking to sell/trade/exchange for PB services in Austin, TX, please PM me. Hoping to land some of his older stuff that's hard to find stateside. Thanks for the assist!
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:58 am

AlanCampbell wrote:Anyone else baffled by that outside in poster thats been the number one view thing for a week or so now, i don't think its bad but i'm failed to get the hype on it and confused to why its apparently 23 colours

What am i missing ?

The Inside Out Disney thing?

Nope. Don't get it. I quite like the simplicity of it, but my tastes are out of synch with this forum 98% of the time to be honest. And that's alright by me.
rimmer
Art Expert

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:24 am

LarryForsyth wrote:Any UK'ers go for a Hero Complex mystery tube?
Nearly went for one,be interesting to see what you get
ImageImage
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:40 am

rimmer wrote:
Yeah its not arrived yet but shipped pretty quick. I'd be happy with some Drake but some of the ones I've seen show up have been poodoo, which is disheartening but does make it more likely mine could be good...
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:50 am

LeeKaye wrote:
AlanCampbell wrote:Anyone else baffled by that outside in poster thats been the number one view thing for a week or so now, i don't think its bad but i'm failed to get the hype on it and confused to why its apparently 23 colours

What am i missing ?

The Inside Out Disney thing?

Nope. Don't get it. I quite like the simplicity of it, but my tastes are out of synch with this forum 98% of the time to be honest. And that's alright by me.

Yeah that one.
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:35 am

scobro13 wrote:
rimmer wrote:
Yeah its not arrived yet but shipped pretty quick. I'd be happy with some Drake but some of the ones I've seen show up have been poodoo, which is disheartening but does make it more likely mine could be good...
@RImmer - Given what everyone has been displaying in the HCG thread, I will not hold my breath on anything decent (not that I expected anything decent)

@scobro - My tube arrived today. Didn't get any update info from entering the UK to delivery.
hpoorthuis
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:35 am

LarryForsyth wrote:
scobro13 wrote:
rimmer wrote:
@RImmer - Given what everyone has been displaying in the HCG thread, I will not hold my breath on anything decent (not that I expected anything decent)

@scobro - My tube arrived today. Didn't get any update info from entering the UK to delivery.
I got my tube from hcg today in the netherlands. Got a 1/1 fett and 3 other crap prints. The Fett is pretty cool, but not sure i would do it again.
xenmate
Art Expert

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:50 am

Most mystery tube sales are thinly veiled schemes to get rid of stock no one wants so I'm not surprised they're turning out to be pretty underwhelming.

The only mystery tube sales I've seen done with the right intentions are Landland's. The rest seem pretty cynical.
hpoorthuis
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

xenmate wrote:Most mystery tube sales are thinly veiled schemes to get rid of stock no one wants so I'm not surprised they're turning out to be pretty underwhelming.

The only mystery tube sales I've seen done with the right intentions are Landland's. The rest seem pretty cynical.
Yeah that's exactly what this feels like. Apart from the Fett the prints I got are absolute garbage, well to me that is.
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:26 am

Has anyone purchased from http://www.graffitiprints.com before? Would you recommend them?
rimmer
Art Expert

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:30 am

dhokes wrote:Has anyone purchased from http://www.graffitiprints.com before? Would you recommend them?
I won a print on here from them,sent emails had no comms from them
and they sent me a completely different print from the one i won,so make of that what you will
ImageImage
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:03 am

Anyone going for the Eelus tomorrow?
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:29 pm

I've bought from graffiti prints before, no issues.

Inside Out is meant to be one of Pixar's best, so that may in part explain the popularity. The number of colours is apparently due to the artwork originally being produced for the French theatrical release posters, and not intended for screen printing. I bought one, as I'm a big Pixar fan, and I like the style of the poster.
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:38 pm

rimmer wrote:
dhokes wrote:Has anyone purchased from http://www.graffitiprints.com before? Would you recommend them?
I won a print on here from them,sent emails had no comms from them
and they sent me a completely different print from the one i won,so make of that what you will
Ah. I sent them a message on the weekend from the contact form on their site. No reply so far.