Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
JJM
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:07 am

The quote from flight logistics was £99. Too much for the value of the print.

Does anybody else have any ideas ?

Thanks again in advance.
sfxdan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:26 am

Have you tried normal Royal Mail service at the post office?

Other than that I like flight logistics
bert
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:50 am

Another option would be to ship via a normal carrier and then use 3rd party insurance like these guys - http://www.shipsurance.com/questions#GEN4.7
jpfondu
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:12 am

Royal Mail for me is always the cheapest international option and I'm pretty sure you could insure it for the whole lot.
Edit: I've also found pricing it online via RoyalMail.com is more epxensive that turning up to my local PO.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:20 am

Royal Mail compensation maxes out at £250. For anything over that you have to use ParcelForce.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:21 am

1nkling wrote:Royal Mail compensation maxes out at £250. For anything over that you have to use ParcelForce.
Cut it in half and send it in 2 tubes :)

I meant to say man awesome news on Mondocon. That'll be a hell of a trip.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:28 am

jpfondu wrote:
1nkling wrote:Royal Mail compensation maxes out at £250. For anything over that you have to use ParcelForce.

It will be if it happens.. :D Thanks!

Every time I put some money in the savings account I get an unexpected bill.. :roll: I've got my MOT on Thursday and my fingers firmly crossed that it doesn't throw up any horrors.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:42 am

1nkling wrote:
jpfondu wrote:

It will be if it happens.. :D Thanks!

Every time I put some money in the savings account I get an unexpected bill.. :roll: I've got my MOT on Thursday and my fingers firmly crossed that it doesn't throw up any horrors.
I'm dreading my next MOT so I know how you feel. I stuck in a few quid in your fund. Your task is to convince all the top artists to come to TB :)
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:35 am

JJM wrote:The quote from flight logistics was £99. Too much for the value of the print.

Does anybody else have any ideas ?

Thanks again in advance.
I just tried via the UPS site directly and got a quote of £71.50 for 2 day service on a 2kg tube valued at £500. A little better than £99.
jpfondu wrote:I stuck in a few quid in your fund. Your task is to convince all the top artists to come to TB :)
Thanks JP! I will definitely be working on the artists.. :D
JJM
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:07 am

From the parcelforce website :

Collectable items

Items which have appreciated in value either due to their scarcity or due to their being out of production are not excluded from cover. However, any loss of, or damage to, any collectable shall be limited to the actual price paid for the collectable and shall not exceed Parcelforce Worldwide’s stated limits of compensation as set out in the compensation table, subject to the customer providing satisfactory written or printed evidence.

Additional items excluded from compensation when using the globalexpress service:

Artwork, including any work created or developed by the application of skill, taste or creative talent for sale, display or collection. This includes without limitation, items such as paintings, drawings, vases, tapestries, limited-edition prints, fine art, statues, sculptures, collector's items, customised or personalised musical instruments or similar items

I had never checked before so have paid for extra insurance which would have been uselss if I had to claim on it
JJM
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:09 am

bert wrote:Another option would be to ship via a normal carrier and then use 3rd party insurance like these guys - http://www.shipsurance.com/questions#GEN4.7
This looks like a good idea
sephirot8
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Heu guys! Im not from uk im from France, so i hope you people dont mind if i post here cause i prefer to trade/sell in Europe since shipping rates are lower and there is no taxes. If anithing hit your eye just pm me.
Cheers everybody :D

Image[/url

[url=http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/169464/226361]Image

dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:16 am

Anyone about at 6pm today to help with a drop?
hpoorthuis
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:57 am

dhokes wrote:Anyone about at 6pm today to help with a drop?
Might be, what drop do you need help on?
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:21 pm

hpoorthuis wrote:
dhokes wrote:Anyone about at 6pm today to help with a drop?
Might be, what drop do you need help on?
Hey, sorry I've just read this. Luckily I managed to get what I wanted from the Alice Zhang drop.