Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:06 am

RupertPupkin wrote:Anyone in here pick up an extra Phlegm book that they'd be willing to part with?
You can come and thumb through ours...you've got these haven't you?

http://www.conservation-by-design.com/c ... spx?id=190
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 pm

I'm insulted that you even had to ask.

But seriously people, am very much ISO Phlegm book. Don't make me wear my special thieving coat to Chenley Mansions again.
this aggression will not stand, man.
Dante0203
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Dante0203 wrote:
Moss-masks £20 + shipping
Moss-game of thrones set 2 £30 + shipping
Moss-dark knight rises £30 + shipping
Drake Macready£25 + shipping SOLD
Drake-spinner £25 + shipping SOLD
Drake-predator £25 + shipping
Whalen-ghostbusters £30 + shipping
Drake-aliens frame up £70 London collection only
Moss-GOT frame up £900 London collection only

Adding some more

Drake-akira £25 + shipping (got some tape wear on the back)
PCC-iron man 3 £35 + shipping (got some tape wear on back and soft creases in corners)SOLD

I'm also selling off my Matt Taylor BTTF frame up for £235 on London collection

Also got hot toys figurines
Superman man of steel unopened £110 + shippingsold
Batman dark knight opened and displayed £80 + shipping sold

Please PM me for further enquires, really looking to shift all these to fund more framing and general life stuff.

Cheers, hope your all enjoying the weekend
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:48 pm

fitz wrote:just to be clear when people talk about mounts they are referring to the coloured borders that frame the picture within the frame - not mounting as in drymounting or similar.

most people want mounts as they generally look good and its usually considered a bad idea to have the picture in contact with the glass as this can cause issues - I never use anti- reflective stuff for this reason (its still perfectly possible to get uv resistant glass and acrylic that isn't anti-reflective which is the coating that causes the blurring problem).

I tend to use photo corners to attach the image to a backing board and so have my mounts cut a bit smaller than the norm so as to give me a bit more coverage.
FITZ - re photo corners. are the corners covered by the mount then so you don't see them holding print in place?? Any chance you have a photo you could show on here as an example?

Also, was wondering if anyone has used spacer here. When I asked a local framer about them he didn't seem to know what I was talking about!! (hence I won't use him). I was wondering how wide they are used in the UK?
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 pm

dhokes wrote:Has anyone ordered any prints from Australia before and if so, how long did they take to arrive?
I ordered prints from Aussie land, I think it took about no longer than 3 weeks (just under).
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:01 pm

I ordered a 7 inch record and it took about a week. Must have strapped it to a koala on speed.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:43 pm

jonkino wrote:
Also, was wondering if anyone has used spacer here. When I asked a local framer about them he didn't seem to know what I was talking about!! (hence I won't use him). I was wondering how wide they are used in the UK?
Where I work they call them slips
1nkling
Site Admin

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Need to raise funds to pay some bills so I have a sale thread up here

Willing to do deals for you lot.. :D
My up to date trades and ISOs.
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:22 pm

TIP Please"

Can someone tell me how you do the for sale thread with the image pages inbedded into the post as the last person has done? Or alternatively, how to put lots of images in. I was trying to do a slale thread and the post would only let me put 4 images in it. Thanks for advise.
1nkling
Site Admin

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:29 pm

jonkino wrote:TIP Please"

Can someone tell me how you do the for sale thread with the image pages inbedded into the post as the last person has done? Or alternatively, how to put lots of images in. I was trying to do a slale thread and the post would only let me put 4 images in it. Thanks for advise.
If you go to the specific arts page and then click on 'discuss remotely', found in the menu on the left towards the bottom, it gives you a page with various links. Either of the top ones work for this forum. Copy and paste it in where you want it on your sale post. You can preview to check you're doing it right

For general images you can only post so many using the boards attachment facility. You can use something like photo bucket or dropbox if you need to do more.
fitz
Art Expert

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:32 pm

jonkino wrote:
fitz wrote:just to be clear when people talk about mounts they are referring to the coloured borders that frame the picture within the frame - not mounting as in drymounting or similar.

most people want mounts as they generally look good and its usually considered a bad idea to have the picture in contact with the glass as this can cause issues - I never use anti- reflective stuff for this reason (its still perfectly possible to get uv resistant glass and acrylic that isn't anti-reflective which is the coating that causes the blurring problem).

I tend to use photo corners to attach the image to a backing board and so have my mounts cut a bit smaller than the norm so as to give me a bit more coverage.
FITZ - re photo corners. are the corners covered by the mount then so you don't see them holding print in place?? Any chance you have a photo you could show on here as an example?

I don't have any photos that show it - as you cant see them :)

Yeah I get the mounts cut about half a cm smaller than normal so I have plenty to play with in terms of hiding the photo corners. So if the image is 50cm x 70cm I will get a mount that has an opening about 49cm x 69cm or maybe 48cm x 68cm and that's about 3cm wide.
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:20 pm

1nkling wrote:
jonkino wrote:TIP Please"

If you go to the specific arts page and then click on 'discuss remotely', found in the menu on the left towards the bottom, it gives you a page with various links. Either of the top ones work for this forum. Copy and paste it in where you want it on your sale post. You can preview to check you're doing it right

For general images you can only post so many using the boards attachment facility. You can use something like photo bucket or dropbox if you need to do more.

Thanks for that info, wil lookl at that facillity. To use general images from photobucket etc, do you but them on the site and then post the link to the image that you want to show up in the post?
1nkling
Site Admin

Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:35 pm

jonkino wrote:Thanks for that info, wil lookl at that facillity. To use general images from photobucket etc, do you but them on the site and then post the link to the image that you want to show up in the post?
You obtain the link from whichever image hosting site you're using and then paste it into your post. Then highlight it and click the img button on the posting page. This will surround it with [img] tags. Again you can always use the preview function to practice and check you're doing it right.

You should end up with something like this for each image.

Code: Select all

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/vsu26wj35i8lrgs/drawers.jpg[/img]
xenmate
Art Expert

Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:18 am

AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:15 pm

New One from me on sale on wednesday

The Master and Margarita
there's a regular edition of 50 and a foil edition of 5
both have early bird prices attached if you buy the prints in the first week of sale.

Final detail on the new print - http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... print.html
and its in the database here
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/205474