Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
adamrworsell
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:01 am

Any fellow UKers got any spare Moss Minute Walts lying around?

:pint:

Adam
vvarlock
Art Enthusiast

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:06 am

deestar wrote:Sleeves are all paid for dudes. Will update you all when they are in hand.
Awesome, thanks for sorting!
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:15 am

dearmrecho wrote:Hope you don't mind the blatant self publicity but I just added a handful of APs of my Howling print to my shop.

Save £3/$5 with the coupon DANTE5

http://www.andrewswainson.com/store/b0p ... aldfhml8dm

cheerio :)
I'm glad to see more blatant self publicity, makes me feel better about all the time i do it too.
adamrworsell
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:22 am

adamrworsell wrote:Any fellow UKers got any spare Moss Minute Walts lying around?

:pint:

Adam

Just to clarify I mean the set.
mrgkaplan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Thinning out the collection and chasing an ISO.

Gabz Walking Dead variant
$60/ £35 + cost of shipping
Drew Millward - The Fly (signed by Drew at Thought Bubble)
$55 / £32 + cost of shipping
Joshua Budich - O Brother Where Art Though
$35 / £20 + cost of shipping
Tim Dolyle - Murphy It's You (Robocop)
$60 / £35 + cost of shipping
N.E That's a Big Twinkie (Ghostbusters)
$80 / £47 + cost of shipping
Buy more than one I'll knock you a bit off.
HotDogBassa
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Gonna start acquiring things for Mondocon. Anyone know the best place to get a sketch book that I can get artists to draw in? Need one of those, also need some tubes that Mondo use, if anyone has any kicking around I'd happily take them off your hands. Maybe a small portfolio, something that'll hold prints that are Mitchell portrait size, I'm assuming he'll have some for sale. Anything else that I'll need based on the Convention?
rimmer
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Lots and lots of money! I'll have a look in the loft tomorrow
See if i have anything,pretty sure i have an empty mondo tube
ImageImage
HotDogBassa
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Yeah I'm a little worried about that, I'm hoping to have around enough money for around 30 prints, depending on price of course. But I wanna spend cash on all sorts cause they'll be commissions, I'll probably pick up a vinyl or two depending on what they're releasing and hopefully there isn't a OG that I just have to have or then it's game over. How much do you think I should take?

Whoops and I totally forgot I'm picking up an ISO as well, that I've paid half and need to pay the other half at the Con, drats.
rimmer
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:03 pm

I hope you have good healthy kidneys :D
ImageImage
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:26 pm

HotDogBassa wrote:Gonna start acquiring things for Mondocon. Anyone know the best place to get a sketch book that I can get artists to draw in? Need one of those, also need some tubes that Mondo use, if anyone has any kicking around I'd happily take them off your hands. Maybe a small portfolio, something that'll hold prints that are Mitchell portrait size, I'm assuming he'll have some for sale. Anything else that I'll need based on the Convention?
Any Art store will have a sketch book, just look for one with thick paper, Drawing on thin paper isn't nice, and most people will use markers as they're quick to make a bold image and you don't want them to bleed through to the next page
Post tubes I'd ask some american members save you taking them all the way to austin
a small portfolio you'd be able to pick up at the same art store,i'd advise a Cachet Folio and bring some tissue paper for between prints
HotDogBassa
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm gonna sort as much as I can before I leave, so I'll prepare my tubes and pack them accordingly here so I'm not rushing around looking for tubes in Austin if anything goes wrong. Are there any good sites for portfolios and sketchbooks that you can recommend, I'm in Blackburn at the moment and there aren't many good arts and crafts stores around.

Good shout Alan, I'll need tissue and kraft paper, I'll probably need a roll of each, any good site for those? Maybe I need to take myself to hobby craft
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Clean underpants , and good ones too.

You'll likely to be killed in a drive by shooting involving loud homophobic rap music and Americans with barbecue sauce down their t-shirts , so for Christ sake don't be wearing any counterfeit Calvin Cline pants , or boxers with a faded screen print declaring "Home of the big one" on them.

Don't forget your representing all of Blighty here , not just Manchester where those things are probably acceptable.

Have a great time , Rest in Peace.
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:56 pm

I recommend something else first but my local store has a good website and is much easer to use that what i recommend first

http://www.artstore.co.uk/ - my local stores website , from whats onsale I'd recomend

portfoilio - http://www.artstore.co.uk/daler-rowney- ... 87-p-12269

Sketchpad http://www.artstore.co.uk/winsor-and-ne ... 99-p-13276
Last edited by AlanCampbell on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Or if you get in to Manchester sometime, head for Red Aldous.

http://www.fredaldous.co.uk
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Yeah if there's somewhere local I'd recommend going in and seeing in person, make sure it suits