Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
adamlikesthings
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:36 am

LeeKaye wrote:
adamlikesthings wrote:
LeeKaye wrote:I only have two Manev, Watchmen and Silver Surfer ones. Love them both, but once again they are in a portfolio and not sure when they will be framed.
I saw a comparison with his silver surfer side by side with a marvel one, in a link in another thread yesterday (cant rem where), it was pretty much the same too

Yes, a link from the clusterfuck thread. Francovilla or something? I didn't see the image, but heard about it.

yeah that was it

Giclee - "One unintended consequence of Duganne's choice of name was its problematic use in the French language since it is also modern French slang for male ejaculation"
fitz
Art Expert

Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:46 pm

to be fair there have been tons of images of the surfer soaring the solar winds like that done before, its not an original pose no matter who is doing it
adamlikesthings
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Yeah not as blatant as the punisher one, still cuts a similar image. have to say though the francavilla is the better piece
Giclee - "One unintended consequence of Duganne's choice of name was its problematic use in the French language since it is also modern French slang for male ejaculation"
fitz
Art Expert

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:25 pm

adamlikesthings wrote:Yeah not as blatant as the punisher one, still cuts a similar image. have to say though the francavilla is the better piece
francavilla is amazing though - one of the best guys in comics at the moment IMO - did you see his 1930s/1970s Batman series? they were fantastic - was gutted when he pulled out of TB last year (or was it the year before? I forget) :(
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Just back for a 2 day jaunt to Manchester to watch Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel.

Stayed at the Palace Hotel , who's tiles inside are to die for , what a beautiful building inside and out, as well as a lot of other "Old Money" exquisitely built gothic beauties

Take a bow architectural Manchester , shame it pissed down all Friday , just like being back in Wales again :D

fitz
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Fattyramone wrote:Just back for a 2 day jaunt to Manchester to watch Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel.

Stayed at the Palace Hotel , who's tiles inside are to die for , what a beautiful building inside and out, as well as a lot of other "Old Money" exquisitely built gothic beauties

Take a bow architectural Manchester , shame it pissed down all Friday , just like being back in Wales again :D

raining in Manchester? I find that very hard to believe :)
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Indeed , no doubt a rare occurance ...

Just like when I said to the yonder lass "verily young maiden , where for soothe thine petroleum garage?"

And her reply laid me asunder "ya wa' Chook?" And nutted me in the bollocks.
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:02 am

1nkling wrote:What happened to the great deal on frames we were getting going? Wasn't it hellraisers framer?
It certainly was and I was indeed caught up in the wedding :)

I am happy to facilitate this now but two things need to be brought to your attention.

Mainly, it turns out that they had been selling us a particular mount as acid free which wasn't. It was a black core mount which they claimed was acid free. We discovered it wasn't when Chris swapped out his Reservoir Dogs to find a black shadow around the border :( To cut a long story short he argued it wasn't their fault (which it quite clearly was) and were pretty rude about it (banned Chris from the shop)!

Eventually they settled with Chris when they realised they had been mis-selling the mount boards which were not acid free.

Secondly the cost of the UV acrylic has gone up.

If you want a white core mount with normal glass we can still get a deal. If you wish to use this framer! I would suggest that they are ok as the white core is acid free and you will be framing the art yourself so care will be taken.

Let me all know your thoughts and I will either forget the plan or crack on with it!
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 am

What about this as a possible perminant solution?

Put the UV protection film over the windows of your house and just use normal glass in the frames.

It may start getting you refered to as "the guy who lives in the creepy looking house" and cost about 50 million quid to get done properly , but hey , what price a mint looking Spider-Man Mondo poster in 100 years time eh?

http://www.solargard.com/uk/window-film ... olar-films
Chenley123
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:25 am

Having skin so pale that it burns when I open the fridge, I tend to use the age old option of blackout curtains. This eliminates the need for UV glass
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am

Hellraiser wrote:
1nkling wrote:What happened to the great deal on frames we were getting going? Wasn't it hellraisers framer?
It certainly was and I was indeed caught up in the wedding :)

I am happy to facilitate this now but two things need to be brought to your attention.

Mainly, it turns out that they had been selling us a particular mount as acid free which wasn't. It was a black core mount which they claimed was acid free. We discovered it wasn't when Chris swapped out his Reservoir Dogs to find a black shadow around the border :( To cut a long story short he argued it wasn't their fault (which it quite clearly was) and were pretty rude about it (banned Chris from the shop)!

Eventually they settled with Chris when they realised they had been mis-selling the mount boards which were not acid free.

Secondly the cost of the UV acrylic has gone up.

If you want a white core mount with normal glass we can still get a deal. If you wish to use this framer! I would suggest that they are ok as the white core is acid free and you will be framing the art yourself so care will be taken.

Let me all know your thoughts and I will either forget the plan or crack on with it!
I had heard that all black core mounts were not acid free but could be wrong - still I am amazed it affected the paper so quickly - that really sucks. I am just going to use someone local I think as I do want the UV resistant acrylic or glass.
sasari
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:15 am

Thought some of you may like!

A free showing of Frank for the Manc(s) among you!

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lwlies-pr ... 1448987229
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:32 am

sasari wrote:Thought some of you may like!

A free showing of Frank for the Manc(s) among you!

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lwlies-pr ... 1448987229

Blimey big buckets , I was staying in a hotel on Oxford street only a few days ago. :?

Little Frank will be disapointed at missing out on free biscuits and no doubt cake.
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 am

Has anyone got a Bertmer Hellraiser that they are happy to get rid of?

I am hunting down a few things I want to frame and I want this to make a little Hellraiser wall.
Loobaz
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 am

Hellraiser wrote:Has anyone got a Bertmer Hellraiser that they are happy to get rid of?

I am hunting down a few things I want to frame and I want this to make a little Hellraiser wall.
One just went unsold again on ebay.UK and seems to be getting cheaper and cheaper - might be worth a message? eBay 301157864357

(Not mine, btw.)