Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
jampar5000
Art Expert

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 am

jamesmassey1988 wrote:As far as "cracking the UK", MONDO haven't done well, and they're to blame. After the response to their table last year, I wouldn't even be surprised if they were less into the UK MMM idea now.

You guy's are right though, other than that Jock (& Millward), the offerings weren't great.
I would be surprised if mondo come back - they still had a massive stack of prints left at the end - would that be judged as a success? I am not sure. be interesting to see what they thought of it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that London is the market that Mondo really needs to have a go at - even though TB was great, I am not sure the audience is big enough to make it worth their while.
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:37 am

But London will be completely submerged by November.
Justin "told" me that he was happy with how it had gone… whether that is the actual truth or not, I guess we'll find out.
xenmate
Art Expert

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:38 am

dearmrecho wrote:But London will be completely submerged by November.
Justin "told" me that he was happy with how it had gone… whether that is the actual truth or not, I guess we'll find out.
Oh don't worry, Boris will have the city placed on rafts before you know it!
fitz
Art Expert

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:09 pm

jampar5000 wrote:
jamesmassey1988 wrote:As far as "cracking the UK", MONDO haven't done well, and they're to blame. After the response to their table last year, I wouldn't even be surprised if they were less into the UK MMM idea now.

You guy's are right though, other than that Jock (& Millward), the offerings weren't great.
I would be surprised if mondo come back - they still had a massive stack of prints left at the end - would that be judged as a success? I am not sure. be interesting to see what they thought of it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that London is the market that Mondo really needs to have a go at - even though TB was great, I am not sure the audience is big enough to make it worth their while.
the main problem they had was Olly's offering (especially with the papercuts) blew everything they had out of the water (unlike the year before) and so all the excitement was around Olly rather than Mondo - if Olly hadnt been there then there would have ben a ton more excitement about what they had.

i sent Mondo a really thought through analysis of what I thought worked and didnt and ideas about how to make it more of a success but I got zero response which was disappointing.

as much as it depresses me that we are so dominated by London I do think that if they do come back they are way more likely to do something there rather than back in Leeds.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Back in your box you Northern gobshites!

:P Being from up there I am allowed to say that. But I agree, it's frustrating that so many good/cultural things happen in London. I would be up there, Mondo or no Mondo, and combine it with a trip to see the parents, but the timing clashes with my holiday.
purplespiders
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:32 pm

I totally agree, we were all spend up with Olly and then a bit more choosy what to buy next.
I hope Mike comes back.
I really enjoyed the party of all things however I was mental tired by that time.
philipanderson
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:39 pm

I hope they do come back. I sort of feel that they missed an opportunity to work with British artists, which would make the visit here more logical. If they had a table of new prints with art from British artists, based on British movies/TV, and even screenprinted here (so that they don't have to bring everything with them) I think they would reach out to new people, as well as existing fans.

I think the London/Leeds thing is definitely a factor too, but I'm not aware of a show in London as large as TB that would work well for them. TB seems like the closest thing we have to the big conventions here in the UK. Of course, their turnover is hardly unhealthy as it is, so there's also the question of whether they particularly need/want to grow in this direction anyway. But I hope that they do.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:49 am

Anyone tackling the Mondo pit this afternoon? I wasn't too fussed about part 1 but part 2 has a few delights :)
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:01 am

jpfondu wrote:Anyone tackling the Mondo pit this afternoon? I wasn't too fussed about part 1 but part 2 has a few delights :)
not for me, the only one I really wanted was the Birds Pier print but that has apparently sold out.

plus I just bought the Moss Convoy print and Matt ferguson's Lord of the Rings prints last month and need to get some framing done before I just keep buying more for the sake of collecting - or accept that some things arent going to get framed and get those ones sold.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 am

jpfondu wrote:Anyone tackling the Mondo pit this afternoon? I wasn't too fussed about part 1 but part 2 has a few delights :)

Nope. Some are tempting, but I am being more restrained. Apart from the surprise Ken Taylor AP release at PBG. But that was a print I've regretted not buying for a long time.
rimmer
Art Expert

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 am

Rear window for me.really want that birds pier but the chances of that look slim.
ImageImage
sasari
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:22 am

So silly question, anywhere to see a quick list of UK sellers for sale things on here? There's a few pieces here and there I'm debating getting and don't fancy going through the usual suspects of this thread one at a time looking at their For Sale :D

Tracked down a Battle of Blackwater at last but is in Australia and I'm tired of getting nailed by customs :(
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:23 am

sasari wrote:So silly question, anywhere to see a quick list of UK sellers for sale things on here? There's a few pieces here and there I'm debating getting and don't fancy going through the usual suspects of this thread one at a time looking at their For Sale :D

Tracked down a Battle of Blackwater at last but is in Australia and I'm tired of getting nailed by customs :(

I don't think there is. But it would be a great addition to the site. A dropdown for each user with locations. And then filtering by that on searches would be really, really useful.
xenmate
Art Expert

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:31 am

Seeing as the hook-up thread is a bit of a ghost-town we could just use it for or replace it with a UK/Europe FS thread, allowing cross-posting on the main FS forum.
rimmer
Art Expert

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:35 am

xenmate wrote:Seeing as the hook-up thread is a bit of a ghost-town we could just use it for or replace it with a UK/Europe FS thread, allowing cross-posting on the main FS forum.
This all sounds good i have a few things i'd be willing to offer up for one of my main ISO's
ImageImage