Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
User avatar
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert
Posts: 4458
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:26 pm
Location: Southsea, UK

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:06 am

Mannnn. This thread moves fast now.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 am

I've off for the week so really have been clutching at straws for things to do, so, been on here more then I'd like to mention! We'll be at 500 posts in no time!
User avatar
jampar5000
Art Expert
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am
Location: London, UK.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 pm

I am officially on fire - managed to score the batcave - although may have been oversell... that's 2 drops in less than a week!
Image
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:38 pm

jampar5000 wrote:I am officially on fire - managed to score the batcave - although may have been oversell... that's 2 drops in less than a week!
Lol! I like that print, nicely done but don't like it enough. Are you a big batman fan?
User avatar
jampar5000
Art Expert
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am
Location: London, UK.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:44 pm

I do quite like Batman - I have read most of the classics. I thought i would try for this print just on the off chance, and managed to bag one. The print is pretty good, but as per my previous posts, Mondo has been a little underwhelming of late. I think this one will be better in person, so will see, Richards work is usually much better in he flesh, and this will determine whether it gets framed or not. if not - well I have something else to trade with.
Image
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
User avatar
dearmrecho
Art Expert
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Hayfield, Derbyshire, UK.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Don't think I've ever heard of Mondo overselling so I think you'll be fine jampar. Glad you got what you wanted.
User avatar
jampar5000
Art Expert
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am
Location: London, UK.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks all, although reading the forums, it seems this one is not so popular, so maybe that's why it was an easier drop. still chuffed, i have failed so many times on drops, so it is quite exciting to finally get some prints.
Image
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:52 pm

jampar5000 wrote:I do quite like Batman - I have read most of the classics. I thought i would try for this print just on the off chance, and managed to bag one. The print is pretty good, but as per my previous posts, Mondo has been a little underwhelming of late. I think this one will be better in person, so will see, Richards work is usually much better in he flesh, and this will determine whether it gets framed or not. if not - well I have something else to trade with.
Have you managed to snag a vedder London print?
User avatar
jampar5000
Art Expert
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am
Location: London, UK.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Not yet - silly prices being asked for that one at present, so might wait for it to die down a bit. someone offered it at $170... way too much.
Image
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:06 pm

jampar5000 wrote:Not yet - silly prices being asked for that one at present, so might wait for it to die down a bit. someone offered it at $170... way too much.
Lol. Some people really do take the piss! Lol. I'm sure if you give it a month you'll grab it fine! It's not going anywhere is it really

Hope there's some nice pieces coming out soon, is it me or has it been slow of late (greedy for the paper!)
User avatar
jampar5000
Art Expert
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am
Location: London, UK.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Well, i have gone a bit crazy over the last few weeks - wallet taken a pasting.

the last one on my list is the "you are my lucky Star" by englert. it can go with my Hoth, Fortress, and the Thing, when I can afford to get them framed. After this, i am going to have to sell some of my other stuff to fund anything else. Although if a good deal came up for JC Richards LOTR, i would be tempted. I am in fear of the missus at present - not sure i can justify so many new prints all in such a short space of time.
Image
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm

jampar5000 wrote:Well, i have gone a bit crazy over the last few weeks - wallet taken a pasting.

the last one on my list is the "you are my lucky Star" by englert. it can go with my Hoth, Fortress, and the Thing, when I can afford to get them framed. After this, i am going to have to sell some of my other stuff to fund anything else. Although if a good deal came up for JC Richards LOTR, i would be tempted. I am in fear of the missus at present - not sure i can justify so many new prints all in such a short space of time.
I find that there are several ways to get around this

i) find good hiding places
ii) lie, lie and lie some more
iii) and its always good to double up on prints in tubes
User avatar
dearmrecho
Art Expert
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Hayfield, Derbyshire, UK.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:44 pm

You sly dog Chenley!

Hope my wife never goes in the loft :wink:

EDIT: Better close this page now!
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Mine are spread all over the place as well, makes them seem fewer! Lol!
User avatar
ricobenfico
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:54 pm
Location: Scotland, UK

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm

If there are any Daniel Danger fans here in the UK, he's recently posted up some old prints's from the late 80's if you're interested. Not at original release prices I must add, but nice to buy from source if you've always fancied these....

http://store.tinymediaempire.com/
Hung like a midgie, stings like a bee!
Post Reply