Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Chenley123 wrote:I don't know anyone in that area which is a shame. Most will already be on eBay. Did you see that about the mark Englert 'my lucky star' drop at G1988, Andrew?
Oh yes... one way or another I will have to get hold of one. Just trying to think of a way to get round the $40 postage charge from G88. But I was thinking earlier that if this print was up for sale at $90 with free shipping would I go for it and the answer was probably yes... in fact not even probably.

I hope the Creature print lives up to expectations when it arrives. After PM have worked their magic on it, I've paid over the odds, but I do love the Creature, not because of the film as such but because it was one of my favourite Aurora model kits from when I was young.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Woo, $40! That's a tough one. I can't remember if I've got anything from there before or not. Apparently only 50 AP's though, get those fingers ready!

How are PM sending it to you? 6-10 days
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Wonder if its one per person on the drop..

You could buy several, pay the one postage and then drop them an email to tell them you're getting the for several people over here.. They might mind that less than a request for combined postage..
My up to date trades and ISOs.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:04 pm

1nkling wrote:Wonder if its one per person on the drop..

You could buy several, pay the one postage and then drop them an email to tell them you're getting the for several people over here.. They might mind that less than a request for combined postage..
I'm sure someone asked them that didn't they? Was a few weeks back
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Chenley123 wrote:Woo, $40! That's a tough one. I can't remember if I've got anything from there before or not. Apparently only 50 AP's though, get those fingers ready!

How are PM sending it to you? 6-10 days
I think (hope) there will be more than 50 for the online drop - they have 50 available at the gallery in NY on Saturday.

I might drop them a line and see what the situation is re multiples - problem is, even if allowed, is getting them into your basket and through checkout quick enough. Most places tend to be just one per these days which is fair enough. But I'll ask about combined shipping for several separate buyers though I did read something from them recently (probably the Breaking Bad show) that they wouldn't combine orders. Wish Mark would do a sub... it seems that everything he puts out (with the exception of They All Float) is something I want... but then the thrill of the chase and all that. He reckons he's got 5 or so prints between now and the end of the year!
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Yeah, I think someone asked about combining shipping.. Can't remember if anyone asked if one of us could just by multiples..

Like dearmrecho says though its getting them in the cart and paid for that is the tricky bit.. :roll:
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Marks prints have been great, even the ones I haven't wanted (Dr. Who + Alien) have been really good. I can't wait to see what else he produces this year. Has been some of the best work that anyone has dropped this year
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Well I sent G88 an email asking what they can do for us poor Brits... I edited out the part about how they are one of the most expensive shippers just in case it rubbed them up the wrong way. Fingers crossed they want to help out - though I'm sure they're aware that these will go in a heartbeat regardless of wether the UK contingent go for them or not.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 pm

dearmrecho wrote:Well I sent G88 an email asking what they can do for us poor Brits... I edited out the part about how they are one of the most expensive shippers just in case it rubbed them up the wrong way. Fingers crossed they want to help out - though I'm sure they're aware that these will go in a heartbeat regardless of wether the UK contingent go for them or not.
That would be nice, surely if you dropped them a note they'd sort something out
jampar5000
Art Expert

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:40 am

Hey guys, I am also a fan of Mr Englerts, managed to bag a regular of The Thing, which i am toying with framing currently. I also badly want the Alien print as well, in either variant. I have a friend in NYC who i am going to beg to go down there - but i have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a massive queue, and I am not sure she will be bothered. she does not quite understand the print collecting, much like my girlfriend. I am going to try for the drop on both as well. What did you guys make of JC Richard's latest, the Batcave? I am no batman nerd, (although i can very highly recommend The Long Halloween for those looking for a good starter) so don't get half of the references. I do love the fortress of solitude - its lovely. And the Lord of the rings :drool: . speaking of which, i must add those to my ISO.

Be interesting to see what G1988 say re combining UK orders if possible - our little group here would certainly benefit - thanks again guys, the welcome has been warm.

speaking of which - I did enquire with my pal who lives in the states, if she would mind taking delivery of all of my prints, and them combining them into one tube, and sending on. As she is on a strict work visa, she was not too keen on putting low values on the tubes in fear of getting caught. do any of you other guys have a PB in the US&A that could be trusted to do this?
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
Raztus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:46 am

Walking home in deep dark Essex I spotted this Eine tag on a skip....never thought I would have skip envy. There are three tag on the other side.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:12 am

Damn - I used to have a skip full of old doors and windows and I just let them take it away. I knew I should have kept it. :D
(co-incidentally Trash by Suede is on 6 Music right now!)

Jampar - I do have several friends in the USA who probably would do it but to be honest if it was on a regular basis I'd feel like it was an imposition - not just on their time but the responsibility of keeping prints in good condition too. Having said that, if I knew anyone who was also a collector then I'd probably feel a bit different about it. I know from when I've PB'd that I quite enjoyed getting prints that I wasn't after myself just to check them out... maybe I'm just nosey!
Chenley123
Art Expert

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:08 am

Raztus wrote:Walking home in deep dark Essex I spotted this Eine tag on a skip....never thought I would have skip envy. There are three tag on the other side.
Woot-wooo!!!
jampar5000 wrote:Hey guys, I am also a fan of Mr Englerts, managed to bag a regular of The Thing, which i am toying with framing currently. I also badly want the Alien print as well, in either variant. I have a friend in NYC who i am going to beg to go down there - but i have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a massive queue, and I am not sure she will be bothered. she does not quite understand the print collecting, much like my girlfriend. I am going to try for the drop on both as well. What did you guys make of JC Richard's latest, the Batcave? I am no batman nerd, (although i can very highly recommend The Long Halloween for those looking for a good starter) so don't get half of the references. I do love the fortress of solitude - its lovely. And the Lord of the rings :drool: . speaking of which, i must add those to my ISO.

Be interesting to see what G1988 say re combining UK orders if possible - our little group here would certainly benefit - thanks again guys, the welcome has been warm.

speaking of which - I did enquire with my pal who lives in the states, if she would mind taking delivery of all of my prints, and them combining them into one tube, and sending on. As she is on a strict work visa, she was not too keen on putting low values on the tubes in fear of getting caught. do any of you other guys have a PB in the US&A that could be trusted to do this?
I think you could get a few problems with that. One, this dame is not going to do a grand job of rolling these prints together (chub rub and creases ahoy!). Two, she's going to get pissed off real quick. She doesn't have to put a ridiculously low price on the tube, I think (and I'm sure one of the guys was speaking about this a few weeks ago?) she has to put like 'handmade' or something along those lines, anyone!?

Try and find someone on here who has a few prints you want, build a relationship up with them that way. The way I'm thinking about it, I'm not going to stop collecting...ever, I'm hooked
1nkling
Site Admin

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 am

Chenley123 wrote:She doesn't have to put a ridiculously low price on the tube, I think (and I'm sure one of the guys was speaking about this a few weeks ago?) she has to put like 'handmade' or something along those lines, anyone!
She doesn't have to but it helps.. :D

If they put 'handmade artprint' on the customs details then it helps for claiming the vat back.. You still get stung with an £8 admin charge but after you've sent off all your proof you can get some of the money back.. VAT on handmade art being 5% rather than the 20% that they charge you initially. Its doable and I've managed it on my ESPO print, although the promised cheque still hasn't turned up. My preference though would be just to send the tubes USPS First Class with a value under $20 and take the risk. Depends on how much you value what you're sending though I suppose.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 am

I've only ever been charged for one thing, that was some tshirts I got from US, never on a print