Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
User avatar
dearmrecho
Art Expert
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Hayfield, Derbyshire, UK.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:38 am

I'm quite thankful of the dip in paper lust at the moment. I think for us online folks it seems like more of a lull because Mondo kept a lot of cooler stuff for SDCC - if those prints had been part of their general release schedule then it wouldn't feel quite so pronounced. But there are still four full months to go, I'm sure there'll be plenty to open our wallets between now and the new year.
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:42 am

Especially when you think of the great licences they have recently named. Should be more studio ghibli and LOTR...surely?
User avatar
Lomier66
Art Expert
Posts: 2433
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 am
Location: Wherever I can prise rent from the local Hebrews

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:30 am

.
Last edited by Lomier66 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
User avatar
dearmrecho
Art Expert
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Hayfield, Derbyshire, UK.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:35 am

Chenley123 wrote:Especially when you think of the great licences they have recently named. Should be more studio ghibli and LOTR...surely?
Well you'd expect so. Not sure if the boat has already sailed on the Ghibli series for me... as much as I like them (and I'd probably still go for a Spirited Away print) the after market prices on the Totoro and Mononoke would put me off trying to complete the series. Having got the LotR license - pretty sure there'll be some Hobbit activity towards the end of the year.
User avatar
jampar5000
Art Expert
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am
Location: London, UK.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 am

Hey Chenley,

you are right - perhaps they are not to my personal taste either. Perhaps if i had been a bigger fan of some of the stuff, it would have floated my boat a little more The only one I was really interested in from the avengers was the Thor print - it was stunning, and for me the standout of the series. just looking back, the SDCC stuff is all pretty amazing - those JC Richard LOTR prints are gorgeous - If i had the wall space, and the funds, they would be added to my ISO immediately. I concur re the goonies as well - stunning. Taking the sdcc stuff out leaves it looking a little bare to me still though. You are right re Whalen, I have his JAws print - ready to go up on the wall when I have the money to frame. His NY giants I absolutely loved from G1988.
Image
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 am

I don't think I'd like the whole group really, I like the randomness of my collection really, still want a Totoro but was disappointed with the Mononoke, just felt a bit...flat maybe, in comparison. Id love a spirited away too (was the first one I saw, and watch it regularly now), and Ponyo...if it was done right, it has some great imagery used throughout the film.

There some really good prints at SDCC and I will hopefully slowly pick some more of them up. Richards, shaws and dangers, all great looking prints. It's good to see the prices coming down too. You only have to look at how much the price of Ansins Thor has dropped, some great deals recently on that one
User avatar
urbanprowler
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:26 am
Location: Sauf london

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:18 am

jampar5000 wrote:What's the general opinion been on Mondo's recent drops? I have felt it is a little uninspired compared to previous years? there are some standouts, but nothing I would rush to put up on the wall...
I ain't seen a decent Mondo drop for ages, plus they aren't signed by the artist is annoying too. I did get a Dark Knight one though, but wasn't too impressed when I opened it, need another check of it I think.
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 am

I've just been looking at Horkeys ROTK...for drymounts sake, I bloody need it now!
User avatar
jampar5000
Art Expert
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am
Location: London, UK.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:37 am

Ah Urbanprowler - which part of South London are you from? I hail from Brixton/Streatham border...
Image
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
User avatar
dearmrecho
Art Expert
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Hayfield, Derbyshire, UK.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 am

Chenley123 wrote:I've just been looking at Horkeys ROTK...for drymounts sake, I bloody need it now!
Yes, it's a very nice looking print and for a change it's one where I think the variant is way better than the regular. Normally, to my eyes, it seems clear that the regular print is the one that has been designed and thought out and the variant looks a bit like an afterthought. Just wish I could afford one :(
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:20 am

dearmrecho wrote:
Chenley123 wrote:I've just been looking at Horkeys ROTK...for drymounts sake, I bloody need it now!
Yes, it's a very nice looking print and for a change it's one where I think the variant is way better than the regular. Normally, to my eyes, it seems clear that the regular print is the one that has been designed and thought out and the variant looks a bit like an afterthought. Just wish I could afford one :(
I really like both. I saw one at $150 but guy has no feedback
User avatar
urbanprowler
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:26 am
Location: Sauf london

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:33 am

jampar5000 wrote:Ah Urbanprowler - which part of South London are you from? I hail from Brixton/Streatham border...
just up the road in East Dulwich :)
User avatar
dearmrecho
Art Expert
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Hayfield, Derbyshire, UK.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:42 am

Chenley123 wrote:
I really like both. I saw one at $150 but guy has no feedback
Was that the reg or the variant? I guess we all had zero feedback at one point... some of us not very long ago :wink:
But having been bitten first time I tend to be wary too. I've just done a couple of deals with chaps with no feedback - one's still ongoing but the other one was trouble free.
User avatar
jampar5000
Art Expert
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am
Location: London, UK.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:45 am

that's a lovely part of the world - spent some time in some of the pubs down that way about 2 years ago as a friend used to live just off the roundabout by the petrol station, by Peckham Rye. she moved to NYC, so don't get down there too much any more. Currently working in Brixton, which i absolutely love.

Any of you London guys/girls been to the PCC in Leicester Square? http://www.princecharlescinema.com/. they could very easily start up something Mondo like. They are showing the Indy trilogy this Sunday, followed up by the BTTF trilogy on Monday..their programming is always awesome.
Image
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 am

jampar5000 wrote:that's a lovely part of the world - spent some time in some of the pubs down that way about 2 years ago as a friend used to live just off the roundabout by the petrol station, by Peckham Rye. she moved to NYC, so don't get down there too much any more. Currently working in Brixton, which i absolutely love.

Any of you London guys/girls been to the PCC in Leicester Square? http://www.princecharlescinema.com/. they could very easily start up something Mondo like. They are showing the Indy trilogy this Sunday, followed up by the BTTF trilogy on Monday..their programming is always awesome.
They have had some prints done by James white for indy jones and no country for old men. But there hasn't been any news on them for awhile. He showed them on twitter ages ago.
dearmrecho wrote:
Chenley123 wrote:
I really like both. I saw one at $150 but guy has no feedback
Was that the reg or the variant? I guess we all had zero feedback at one point... some of us not very long ago :wink:
But having been bitten first time I tend to be wary too. I've just done a couple of deals with chaps with no feedback - one's still ongoing but the other one was trouble free.
But $150 seems to good to be true?
Post Reply