Canadian Corner Eh? (Buy/Sell/Trade/Chat)

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks,

I've read those. The process seems easy enough but it also seems like FedEx and UPS can be dicks about it because they want more $$$.

I called FedEx today about self clearing and they said I couldn't because they already did even though I never authorized it in writing as per the articles.

I have a feeling I'm getting jerked around.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:59 pm

There is a difference. Self clearing is actually going to the point of entry, which they are correct in telling you that you cannot do after it has already cleared customs. Accounting for your own shipment is what is outlined in the article. Can't say first hand what the result is, as I avoid budget courier service coming from the US for this very reason.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:10 pm

I try to avoid them too. The seller just shipped it FedEx. I guess I should have said something.

I know UPS tried to get my roommate to pay like $120 for a tube and he cleared it himself for like $45. It involved going to a customs place to pay the duty then submitting that paperwork to UPS and getting the tube. FedEx seems to be playing it a little harder.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:13 pm

I'm not sure that they really have a choice. All you need from them is the commercial invoice. Press harder until you get it.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:21 pm

I actually called them this morning and they emailed me a copy no problem.

It seems that their shipping group and their brokerage group are two separate entities. The shipping side couldn't help but the brokerage side did.

I'm going to call the brokerage again tomorrow and see if they give me the answer I'm looking for.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm

I think all you need is the commercial invoice to go pay your taxes with CBSA. After that, just show up where your shipment is held with your CBSA receipt and they are obligated to hand it over.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:29 pm

alittle wrote:I think all you need is the commercial invoice to go pay your taxes with CBSA. After that, just show up where your shipment is held with your CBSA receipt and they are obligated to hand it over.
Interesting enough, they tried to deliver it today and on the not it said no COD fees. I suspect they will try to invoice me later. Then what do I do? Show them my CBSA receipt and tell them to suck it?
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:34 pm

That's the FedEx default move. Leave the parcel, send an invoice 3 weeks later.

Do not accept delivery of the shipment if they attempt again, as I believe once you have done that, you are boned.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:38 pm

That's what I am worried about. I'm going to get on the phone early tomorrow and see if I can figure this out before the guy arrives.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:23 am

I should really start a service where you ship your items to Point Roberts, WA and I'll pick it up and re-ship it within Canada.

Thing is, poster tubes are hard to ship via Canada Post. (Expensive af)
jodeci78
Art Expert

Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:25 am

tuffghost wrote:New to the boards, mostly a lurker for a long time but figured I'd ask my fellow Canadians if anyone has a Olly Moss - Game of Thrones (Set of 30) for sale?

I see a few for sale/trade section but I can't tell if anyone's from Canada on there.
Funny thing, my friend was Olly Moss' roommate... and when Olly tried to tell him that he was becoming a big deal, my friend was like "um, okay, sure." lol
Kayley
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:59 pm

If anyone is in the GTA (Mississauga, Pickering and Markham) this place is where I ship all my tubes from.. They ships via usps.

chitchatsexpress.com
BonesawMcGraw
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:06 am

Just wanted to introduce myself to my fellow Canadians on here.....

Long time lurker, finally got an email activation to work.... I mainly collect Shepard Fairey, MBW and Cleon Peterson but have a pretty diverse collection so far. I have been in the hobby of collecting prints since 2010 (mainly movie and art prints, not many gig posters) and make art in my spare time, I plan on setting up and learning screen-printing this spring.... if there is anyone here from the Kitchener/Waterloo or Southern Ontario area and does their own screenprinting I'd love to get in touch.

I will be going BACK to school this year, therefore will be posting up some of my filed collection that is not framed/will not make the wall for sale to help fund that(or trade for the right piece, Could use a Stout/Horkey/DFace) I'd prefer to give my countrymen the priority of owning if possible, glad I found this thread and intend to be active in it.... I got REALLLY trigger happy the past 2 years, so there will be a ton of recent stuff too.

Cheers :pint: :pint:
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:47 am

Welcome!