Canadian Corner Eh? (Buy/Sell/Trade/Chat)

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
dr_flie
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 9:26 am

I just got a notice from my landlord that we have to move out of our apartment by August 1st. If anyone knows of a nice place in Toronto (2-3 bedroom) that will take a cat, dog and baby, let me know. :(
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 am

dr_flie wrote:I just got a notice from my landlord that we have to move out of our apartment by August 1st. If anyone knows of a nice place in Toronto (2-3 bedroom) that will take a cat, dog and baby, let me know. :(
Bummer. What's their reasoning?
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 01, 2014 9:58 am

Does anyone in Toronto have any extra 24x36 sleeves and boards they would be willing to sell me?

Kept slacking on getting in on the group orders and could use a few sleeves and boards for some extra flat file protection.

Thanks
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 01, 2014 10:26 am

lcsproductions wrote:Does anyone in Toronto have any extra 24x36 sleeves and boards they would be willing to sell me?

Kept slacking on getting in on the group orders and could use a few sleeves and boards for some extra flat file protection.

Thanks
I placed a bag order last year and have had a few guys request some more bags. If you're interested in getting in on the next one let me know.

If I recall correctly I needed to order at least 100 to get the better price and it ended up costing $2 per bag. I'll confirm prices and I'll talk to the other guys about getting another order set up.

If anyone else is interested in getting in let me know.
dr_flie
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 10:40 am

Tazgarde wrote:
dr_flie wrote:I just got a notice from my landlord that we have to move out of our apartment by August 1st. If anyone knows of a nice place in Toronto (2-3 bedroom) that will take a cat, dog and baby, let me know. :(
They say they want to use it as a second apartment (they own the building, a triplex, and live on the top floor).
antiyou
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 1:16 pm

dr_flie wrote:
Tazgarde wrote:
They say they want to use it as a second apartment (they own the building, a triplex, and live on the top floor).
From what I recall of the renter's rights, As long as they move someone (I thought it had to be family but can't recall) in immediately after renovating, it is their right. Otherwise, you can fight unlawful eviction if you deem it worth your resources.

Shitty situation, hopefully you get sorted.
dr_flie
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Considering it's him, his wife and child, I don't expect anyone will actually be living there. Perhaps they'll use it as some spare rooms (office and such). They've got their bedrooms in their unit so nobody will actually be sleeping there. Regardless, it's kind of pointless to do anything now as the board will usually side with the landlord. If they don't move in within a reasonable time, then I will have a case, but even then, it's not guaranteed.
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Tazgarde wrote:
lcsproductions wrote:Does anyone in Toronto have any extra 24x36 sleeves and boards they would be willing to sell me?

Thanks
I placed a bag order last year and have had a few guys request some more bags. If you're interested in getting in on the next one let me know.

If I recall correctly I needed to order at least 100 to get the better price and it ended up costing $2 per bag. I'll confirm prices and I'll talk to the other guys about getting another order set up.

If anyone else is interested in getting in let me know.
these bags are very good
antiyou
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 1:58 pm

dr_flie wrote:Considering it's him, his wife and child, I don't expect anyone will actually be living there. Perhaps they'll use it as some spare rooms (office and such). They've got their bedrooms in their unit so nobody will actually be sleeping there. Regardless, it's kind of pointless to do anything now as the board will usually side with the landlord. If they don't move in within a reasonable time, then I will have a case, but even then, it's not guaranteed.
Thus my "If you deem it worth your resources". You could fight but you have a 50/50 at best and what kind of relationship will you have with your landlords after going to court?

Sucks all around. Good Luck.
dr_flie
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Exactly. I actually like my landlord (aside from him kicking us out... lol). Would hate to burn that bridge. Plus the stress wouldn't be worth it.
antiyou
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Holy fudge boys!

Trying to send a tube to the UK. It's heavy. 1.788kg 81X43X13 I could use a shorter tube if need be not sure how much that would affect the price. Canada post is telling me it's $100 for 3 drymounting MONTH SURFACE DELIVERY or $200 for 4 day. Am I better off with a courier? If I cut the tube in half, would the price reduce significantly?

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Go habs... what other choice do I have?
alittle
Art Freak

Thu May 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Play around with the rate tool on Canadapost's website until you get a more favourable rate. Just sent a standard tube to the UK today, and it was $80 for Xpresspost with signature.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 01, 2014 9:39 pm

antiyou wrote:Holy fudge boys!

Trying to send a tube to the UK. It's heavy. 1.788kg 81X43X13 I could use a shorter tube if need be not sure how much that would affect the price. Canada post is telling me it's $100 for 3 drymounting MONTH SURFACE DELIVERY or $200 for 4 day. Am I better off with a courier? If I cut the tube in half, would the price reduce significantly?

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Go habs... what other choice do I have?
I did some playing around and if you can get the tube under 23" you can send it small packet. I just sent a print to Norway for like $20
antiyou
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Do I have to create an account or something to use the calculator?

Neither my house or work postal codes are valid apparently.

edit... as soon as I say go habs, boston ties...
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 01, 2014 9:52 pm

antiyou wrote:Do I have to create an account or something to use the calculator?

Neither my house or work postal codes are valid apparently.

edit... as soon as I say go habs, boston ties...
Weird. I don't have an account. I just use this:
http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/ ... ution=e1s1