Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:18 pm

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned, but The Guest is up on Netflix and hoo boy did I enjoy that movie.
thanks been wanting to see that one!
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
lapislazuli
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:11 pm

I've been binging on the American version of The Killing the last two days.
Taking into account I'm a big fan of Sarah Lund and her jumper, the Seattle version is also really good
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:04 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:
ArchibaldTuttle wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned, but The Guest is up on Netflix and hoo boy did I enjoy that movie.

Tall are talking about this budget thriller with the Paul walker lookalike?
ImageT.K.C.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:21 pm

bryndavies wrote:
GiantBoyDective wrote:

Don't write it off. It's a ton of drymounting fun and has a fantastic score to boot :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Count
Art Expert

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:12 am

GiantBoyDective wrote:
Same here. Added to the list. Heard good things about it.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:16 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
bryndavies wrote:
GiantBoyDective wrote:

Don't write it off. It's a ton of drymounting fun and has a fantastic score to boot :pint:

So we watched this last night. I go into it by telling my wife some real movie buffs online have recommended it. Of course the super HD TVs of today don't help, but it was hard to watch at times. I did enjoy it though, but my wife was simply astonished that it was recommended. We then looked it up and saw it has a really high RT score. The score reminded me of IT Follows.
ImageT.K.C.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:22 am

If anyone has free time check out Dinosaurs, tv show from early 90s, NOT THE MAMA. . Remember watching as kid and laughing but now watching as adult, the writing is solid. Jason Alexander also does voices of some of the side dinos and it's great.
RyanMarvin
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:31 pm

bryndavies wrote:
So we watched this last night. I go into it by telling my wife some real movie buffs online have recommended it. Of course the super HD TVs of today don't help, but it was hard to watch at times. I did enjoy it though, but my wife was simply astonished that it was recommended. We then looked it up and saw it has a really high RT score. The score reminded me of IT Follows.

Just watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I can see it being polarizing because conceptually it is a throwback to 80's style thrillers, among other things. To acknowledge the partial wink is to fully appreciate the movie on it's intended level. Does that make any sense at all? :lol:
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:53 pm

RyanMarvin wrote:
bryndavies wrote:

Just watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I can see it being polarizing because conceptually it is a throwback to 80's style thrillers, among other things. To acknowledge the partial wink is to fully appreciate the movie on it's intended level. Does that make any sense at all? :lol:

That makes sense. Perhaps the 80s homage was what made it damn corny at times too. But I did enjoy it.
ImageT.K.C.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:23 pm

bryndavies wrote:
RyanMarvin wrote:
bryndavies wrote:

That makes sense. Perhaps the 80s homage was what made it damn corny at times too. But I did enjoy it.
I went into expecting something great and was pretty disappointed by the end. I was on board for the first half. When the agents showed up to take the guy out, things got pretty dumb. I knew it was meant to be a throwback but it just didn't play well imo. The acting by everyone but Dan Stevens was pretty awful too.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Yeah, whiz, it just all seemed like a bad joke to me. Astonished to see its rating on rotten tomatoes.
ImageT.K.C.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:12 pm

Lost Soul doco about Richard Stanleys aborted effort at directing Dr Moreau is now up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:25 pm

I'm sure most are aware, but Prime has lots of Drafthouse stuff. Why Don't You Play in Hell last night- ridiculous, super fun- just watch a trailer and see how you feel. Did Spring and Amira & Sam last week, probably the newest additions- really liked both for different reasons.
Mapman
Art Expert

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:20 pm

OK this may have already been discussed, but I didn't find it.

Anyone have a suggestion for a software that will copy Netflix for later viewing? I have the DVD by mail service, but it's cheaper to stream and I don't want to wait for the stream first shows like House of Cards and Daredevil. BUT I watch everything on the train so streaming is not gonna work. I'm willing to pay for the software, just want to get a decent software.

Thanks
time
Art Expert

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:49 pm

An entire thread about Netflix and no post within the last 24 hours about the triumphant return of Wet Hot American Summer? :shock: