Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:01 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
pvecchi wrote:
9:50pm and 10:50pm here....impossible with 2 kids unless I want to hear shite from the wifey
Those are optimal movie times for me. Kids are asleep and I still get to spend time with the wife before leaving for the film. Only person who suffers is me. Basically the only way I can go see movies is 10:00PM or later showings nowadays.
You have a much cooler wife than me. I used to walk / run after the kids were in bed, always leaving a note when I left and telling my wife quite often about it. One night I got home around midnight and she was waiting up in the dark for me and started a huge fight. I pointed out the note on the counter. Then she started yelling at me about how unsafe it was to walk at night with earbuds in...two weeks later she confronted me in a similar manner and told me no one exercises at night....I'm like yes they do, I see them all the time. She didn't like me talking back. I stopped exercising after that. No she tells me I'm fat and I shouldn't be drinking beer because it makes me so. #can'twin
jamel-d
Art Freak

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:32 pm

pvecchi wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
pvecchi wrote:
9:50pm and 10:50pm here....impossible with 2 kids unless I want to hear shite from the wifey
Those are optimal movie times for me. Kids are asleep and I still get to spend time with the wife before leaving for the film. Only person who suffers is me. Basically the only way I can go see movies is 10:00PM or later showings nowadays.
You have a much cooler wife than me. I used to walk / run after the kids were in bed, always leaving a note when I left and telling my wife quite often about it. One night I got home around midnight and she was waiting up in the dark for me and started a huge fight. I pointed out the note on the counter. Then she started yelling at me about how unsafe it was to walk at night with earbuds in...two weeks later she confronted me in a similar manner and told me no one exercises at night....I'm like yes they do, I see them all the time. She didn't like me talking back. I stopped exercising after that. No she tells me I'm fat and I shouldn't be drinking beer because it makes me so. #can'twin
#wrongwife
jamel-d
Art Freak

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 pm

IndyDMBFan wrote:Just finished Atypical....I thought it was pretty good outside of Jennifer Jason Leigh, I just really don't care for her as an actress.

But overall the first season was pretty pretty good
You didn’t like her in Hudsucker Proxy?
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:20 am

pvecchi wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Those are optimal movie times for me. Kids are asleep and I still get to spend time with the wife before leaving for the film. Only person who suffers is me. Basically the only way I can go see movies is 10:00PM or later showings nowadays.
Oof. I used to love working out late at night. At some point over the last couple of years I stopped being able to get to sleep in a reasonable timeframe after working out though, so I had to change my routine. I'm sure there are numerous places where working out late could be considered unsafe, but it's not even close where I live.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:34 am

She obvs thought he was out doing a different kind of pumping.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:03 pm

jamel-d wrote:
IndyDMBFan wrote:Just finished Atypical....I thought it was pretty good outside of Jennifer Jason Leigh, I just really don't care for her as an actress.

But overall the first season was pretty pretty good
You didn’t like her in Hudsucker Proxy?
I liked her in The Hateful Eight.....that's about it
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Veronica

Check it out :pint:
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 pm

PLUSH wrote:Veronica

Duh it. How would you rate Veronica against that fence Canadian zombie flick you also liked? I’ve been putting the latter off because I’m lazy and don’t like to read, but Veronica was well worth the extra effort.
ImageT.K.C.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:22 am

bryndavies wrote:

Duh it. How would you rate Veronica against that fence Canadian zombie flick you also liked? I’ve been putting the latter off because I’m lazy and don’t like to read, but Veronica was well worth the extra effort.

Veronica is much more enjoyable if you don’t read all the bullshit hype about it first. It’s not anything new but the thing that separates it from most other entries in the same sub genre is you genuinely care what happens to the kids. I thought all of them were outstanding.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:54 pm

Just finished MINDHUNTER. I was a little disappointed because I felt the show looked better from the trailers and I'm a big fan of David Fincher's work. It wasn't bad, just not as good as I was hoping for. I just started OZARK, only 2 episodes in so far, but I really enjoy it! I'm happy to see Jason Bateman expand his range and take a role outside of the comedy genre.
andruw000
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Just finished MINDHUNTER. I was a little disappointed because I felt the show looked better from the trailers and I'm a big fan of David Fincher's work. It wasn't bad, just not as good as I was hoping for. I just started OZARK, only 2 episodes in so far, but I really enjoy it! I'm happy to see Jason Bateman expand his range and take a role outside of the comedy genre.
if you haven't seen it, check out the gift for another good, non-comedy bateman role.
Count
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Just saw Veronica. Nothing groundbreaking, but still a creepy and effective horror film.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:54 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
bryndavies wrote:

Veronica is much more enjoyable if you don’t read all the bullshit hype about it first. It’s not anything new but the thing that separates it from most other entries in the same sub genre is you genuinely care what happens to the kids. I thought all of them were outstanding.
I didn’t know anything about it. I’m not some huge follower of this sub genre but I’m always enjoy movies that deal with the supernatural.

Watching Requiem now. Good story.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:17 pm

andruw000 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Just finished MINDHUNTER. I was a little disappointed because I felt the show looked better from the trailers and I'm a big fan of David Fincher's work. It wasn't bad, just not as good as I was hoping for. I just started OZARK, only 2 episodes in so far, but I really enjoy it! I'm happy to see Jason Bateman expand his range and take a role outside of the comedy genre.
if you haven't seen it, check out the gift for another good, non-comedy bateman role.
Thanks, I have. I liked when actors expand their range and go outside their main genres.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:15 pm

OZARK was a very good show and I'm definitely looking forward to Season 2, which should debut sometime later this year. I'm about halfway through WILD WILD COUNTRY now.