Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:38 pm

bhutanpro wrote:Unsure if anyone has mentioned it, but Film Worker is an amazing doc about an actor who basically gave up his own career and dedicated his life to Kubrick during his heyday. I was one of the uninitiated regarding this fellow and I now have uber respect for him and his contributions to Kubrick's achievements. More people need to know about this guy. The assholes at LACMA didn't even think to recognize him in the least during their big SK exhibit.

Yeah- came in here to recommend a doc and I'm getting worked up again thinking about it!
This sounds great. Thanks for sharing, gonna give it a go.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Good call bhutan. Filmworker is dope. Saw it in NYC and loved it.

Post from the movie thread (from June):
RottenAtom wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:Watched this fun little doc last night called Filmworker. Pretty cool to get some Kubrick insight and his films from his assistant of 30 years.
Filmworker was great. Really enjoyed that one. I've been a Barry Lyndon fan for years, but had no idea that Leon Vitali (who plays Lord Bullingdon) gave up his acting career and essentially dedicated his life to helping Kubrick.

I really enjoyed S is for Stanley as well (the other movie about a Stanley Kubrick assistant that came out a couple years ago). I do, however, feel that most people will much prefer Filmworker to S is for Stanley because it focuses more on the movie side of things and it's a bit more lively than S is for Stanley. I'm currently reading the book S is for Stanley is based on, Stanley Kubrick and Me, and as a person that savors every Kubrick crumb I'm finding it very enjoyable. I recommend seeing the doc first so that when you read the book, you hear it in Emilio D'Alessandro, the old protagonist's voice. Cool dude who didn't know jack about movies but was very much dedicated to the art and craft of serving.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Worthwhile mentioning in here that Pad Man is really good stuff. A film about a guy who tries to invent a cheaper sanitary pad and help increase the use of them in India. Sweet, funny, and quite eye opening.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:25 pm

'Outlaw King' was a good watch. Not amazing, not terrible. Picks up exactly where Braveheart left off.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:12 pm

Just got all 3 seasons of Mr. Robot done in 2 weeks. If I was watching TV, it was on. I always found the show interesting, but never watched it / forgot about it. But one day I thought i'd give it a shot. So glad I did. Sam Esmail directing and writing is some of the best I've ever watched. Can't wait for the 4th and final season in 2019. All 3 season are currently on Prime.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 am

ccsmd598 wrote:'Outlaw King' was a good watch. Not amazing, not terrible. Picks up exactly where Braveheart left off.
saw this with the wife on Saturday...some good action sequences but a rather ho-hum film

also started on the new season of Narcos yesterday..might be my favorite season so far
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 am

RottenAtom wrote:New Orson Welles movie and doc are the fudge :clap:
wasn't crazy about the OW film, but the doc was great!
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:40 am

bhutanpro wrote:Unsure if anyone has mentioned it, but Film Worker is an amazing doc about an actor who basically gave up his own career and dedicated his life to Kubrick during his heyday. I was one of the uninitiated regarding this fellow and I now have uber respect for him and his contributions to Kubrick's achievements. More people need to know about this guy. The assholes at LACMA didn't even think to recognize him in the least during their big SK exhibit.

Yeah- came in here to recommend a doc and I'm getting worked up again thinking about it!
saw this last week as well..fantastic piece of filmmaking
jamel-d
Art Freak

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:44 am

ccsmd598 wrote:'Outlaw King' was a good watch. Not amazing, not terrible. Picks up exactly where Braveheart left off.
Agree
sixstringer
Art Expert

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 am

jlabbate wrote:

saw this last week as well..fantastic piece of filmmaking
Codeblue wrote:Duke could use a couple bowls of pasta and some fruit amirite?
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 pm

SPAC04 wrote:Ballad of Buster Scrugs is pretty great. Best Coen bros since Burn After IMO. Particularly enjoyed "the girl who got rattled" or w/e it's called, very funny/dark stuff.
Very surprised I haven't heard more comments on this one. Definitely one of my favorite movies of the year so far.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:10 pm

jlabbate wrote:also started on the new season of Narcos yesterday..might be my favorite season so far
Good, glad to hear it! Hoping to start this soon.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Yes, this season of Narcos seems very dialed in. Not too much wasted space

I also really like Michael Pena in anything.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:11 pm

finally watched Making a Murderer... :shock:
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:53 pm

cotis wrote:finally watched Making a Murderer... :shock:
This is on my list too. How is it compared to Season 1?