Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri May 13, 2022 8:51 am

Cancelled Netflix last week! First time I haven’t had an active account with them since the mail-in red envelope days. I’ll probably circle back in a year or so but just so many other, better options rn.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat May 14, 2022 3:33 am

howdyall wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:00 pm
And Ozark wraps like the Sopranos. Not sure how I feel about it.
As soon as I saw that PI smugly sitting on that trampoline, I knew how it was going to end!
Way better than the Sopranos ending?
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue May 31, 2022 11:53 am

howdyall wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:00 pm
And Ozark wraps like the Sopranos. Not sure how I feel about it.
Wish there was one more season. End it in Chicago where it started.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:07 pm

Two month bump.

Midnight Mass.
Holychit.
I was bored, it was just kind of on… then bam!
Oh.
It’s one of those shows…. Cool then!
QB1 from Friday Night Lights used to bug me… he’s way better in this. Actually a good actor.
Just got through episode 4.
It’s on. You have to wait for it…
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:17 pm

Whoever made midnight mass has definitely done DMT.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
meskell
Art Expert

Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:32 pm

Enjoyed Trainwreck: Woodstock '99
Has to be someone here that was there. Would love to here a first hand account.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:57 am

Kramerica wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:17 pm
Whoever made midnight mass has definitely done DMT.
:D
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:38 am

Not done yet but enjoying Kleo.

Would recommend to watch with German dialogue w/Sub.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
Cmock
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:57 am

meskell wrote:
My brother in law and a few friends went. It was every bit of what they portrayed it to be in that Netflix documentary and then some. New left Saturday night because he said fudge was getting sketchy by then.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:30 pm

I live right near there. Thankfully I was in California at the time. It's not netflix but I thoroughly enjoying weird on roku channel
haven
Art Expert

Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:16 pm

Watched Wednesday.

Enjoyable enough for a two night binge.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:58 pm

Kaleidoscope…

Would have been better with a straightforward timeline? As would most movies/series.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:10 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:58 pm
Kaleidoscope…

Would have been better with a straightforward timeline? As would most movies/series.
I liked it quite a bit.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:22 pm

meskell wrote:
One of the documentaries from last year is much better than the other, I don't remember which was which. Pretty sure the 3 part one on HBO(?) was a more accurate and honest portrayal.

It was a total fudge show start to finish. I was actually a vendor there selling rolling papers and cigarettes. Cigs were $5 a pack and people thought we were price gouging. They were a steal compared to the $4 bottles of water and $10 pizza slices. I was there on Monday and by Friday the public showers were knee deep water and the port a johns were beginning to overflow. The sun was oppressive, especially since most of the place was tarmac. Fortunately we had our own bottled water supply and food. Otherwise it was minimum of an hour to get in line and purchase food from a stand.

We were actually the only vendors allowed to sell cigs, came with a whole tow trailer full of them. Half a million $ worth iirc. When the fires broke out, we were the only people defending our inventory. Everyone else abandoned their booths and got looted. The Harley Davidson guys with a booth full of leather were the first ones to just leave their fudge behind. One of the clothing vendors in our shared tent busted out their closet pole dowels and that was what we used to circle the perimeter with about 20 able bodies. We also had a crew of 3 that would put out any fires that were started near us. We didn't have to actually beat anyone, the threat of a person ready to swing a 3" x 3' wooden dowel was enough to make them run around instead of through the 100' x 20' tent we were protecting. (my dimensions may be off here, it was a long time ago, but there were 20 vendor booths per tent, 10 on each side in a row). In reality, we would have been overwhelmed pretty quickly if the crowd running at us actually came at us.

It was drymounting INTENSE. When the state police showed up, they pushed everyone away from the stage where the RHCP had closed the night, and right towards us. The looters had broken open cases of glow sticks so on the horizon was a writhing mass of glow sticks and fire. They were tipping over the steel drums used for trash cans, lighting the contents on fire, and drumming on the cans. The drumming kept getting louder and louder as they made their way towards us. I actually slept on top of the trailer when things died down, was shaken awake by a state trooper in the morning. I was really looking forward to perry farrell's dj set Sunday night and had the time off in advance, but alas, that did not happen. Pretty sure the 3 part series on HBO was the one that detailed the incident where a van was slowly driven into the crowd in the rave hanger. Chilling stuff, I won't go into detail here.

Both docs I watched mentioned the general vibe on Sunday morning. Many people had left already and the energy in the air was palpable and aggressive. Were I in a similar situation now, I absolutely would have left after day one. Monday morning walking around I found a random vendor waist pouch with about $500 in cash in it.

That place was a disgusting disaster by the time we filtered out of there on Monday afternoon. Moons over my hammy at Denny's never tasted so good.

I am tempted to reach out to the producers of the 3 part doc and see if I'm in any of their footage. But I'm a slacker. Maybe some day
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:41 am

People can be nasty. Glad you were able to make it out in one piece.