Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:17 am

jlabbate wrote:not a fan of Lady Gaga, but the new doc "Gaga Five Foot Two" was pretty entertaining
Agreed. Now I know how she got the name Gaga, she be crying all the damn time
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:19 pm

cargoflipper wrote:
jlabbate wrote:not a fan of Lady Gaga, but the new doc "Gaga Five Foot Two" was pretty entertaining
Agreed. Now I know how she got the name Gaga, she be crying all the damn time

We turned it off after five minutes. But oddly enough, I like a good Gaga pop song.
ImageT.K.C.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:22 pm

DidYouSeeMeEscaping wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed American Vandal. Don't watch many/any of the Serial/Making a Murderer/etc shows, so I'm sure a decent bit of the parody went over my head, but it still had me cracking up throughout. Plus the 8 eps only amounted to like 4 hours, so it was pretty easy to burn through it in a couple days
Watched about half last night and was giggling almost the whole time. Thought it was great.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:29 am

Mindhunter is dope. The main dude is kinda annoying, but I'm a sucker for serial killer psychopath stuff.
ImageT.K.C.
willg
Art Expert

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:37 am

Planned on watching this weekend. True Detective vibe?
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:54 pm

willg wrote:Planned on watching this weekend. True Detective vibe?
More Zodiac vibe, because of Fincher.

It's not really a series based on solving a mystery and nabbing a single killer, so it's not like True Detective (season 1) in that regard. It's about the process of studying existing killers and using science and observation to establish a new way of thinking when it comes to serial killers when the term didn't even exist yet.

It's extremely interesting and very well made. I wish it was more than just 10 episodes.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Did 3 eps last night and I'm totally into it. Hadn't seen that Fincher was doing a new series, so it was a super nice surprise.
deancc
Art Expert

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:43 pm

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Raw is on Netflix. It's not for everyone but it's one of my favorite movies of the year. Glad more people will have a shot to watch it now
Agreed. Loved Raw. Really trying to get the lady to watch it- she hates horror, but she loves sister stories.
Raw is drymounting great. Looking forward to seeing whatever Julia Ducournau does next.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:59 pm

The Meyerowitz Stories Is my favorite movie of the year.
That's what she said
RadRacing
Art Expert

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 am

iambillyg wrote:

It's not really a series based on solving a mystery and nabbing a single killer, so it's not like True Detective (season 1) in that regard. It's about the process of studying existing killers and using science and observation to establish a new way of thinking when it comes to serial killers when the term didn't even exist yet.

It's extremely interesting and very well made. I wish it was more than just 10 episodes.
It's based on a book (I read it a while back when I heard the series was in development). The dude who wrote it was one of the first modern day 'profilers' and helped establish the techniques of doing so. The book features several of his more famous cases.
The book itself was super meh though. Looking forward to seeing what Fincher did with it.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:32 am

The Babysitter is a lot of fun.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
rkparr
Art Enthusiast

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:21 pm

iambillyg wrote:

Agreed. Really loving it so far.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:39 am

bryndavies wrote:Mindhunter is dope. The main dude is kinda annoying, but I'm a sucker for serial killer psychopath stuff.
Ugh I really want to like it - got through half of the first episode and the acting just seems so flat, especially from Ford. The scene at the bar when he's flirting with Debbie(?) was painful, felt like they were reading right off a script
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
john38103
Art Expert

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:16 am

PLUSH wrote:Suburra is really good.
Completely agree. The movie and the series.
bmerel
Art Expert

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 pm

john38103 wrote:
PLUSH wrote:Suburra is really good.
Completely agree. The movie and the series.

Love it.

Mindhunter as well...destroyed that series in less than 2 days.