Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 4:28 pm

jjbehren wrote:
hunterjax wrote:my biggest gripe about last night's finale . . . Tyrion says he has had "weeks" to think about who should be king, so it wasn't years that passed when that meeting happens, but somehow, Winter is already over!
I assumed that was the ash from the nuclear fallout of the dragon attack, not snow. Pretty sure I'm right on that.
I thought that too at first, but they were all bundled up in furs and cloaks and whatnot.

I actually thought if it was ash, that was a cool way to throw off the vision/prophecy that Dany had of walking towards the Iron Throne in what we all assumed was snow when she had her vision in the House of Questions or whatever it was called back in Qarth. But then it just seemed like, nope it's snow. but came out of nowhere and was gone in a flash.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 4:58 pm

Where's the link to that one (I think it was) reddit post that claimed to be an insider and gave a full run-down of the final ep plot? I never read it but I want to go back and see if they were right...
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
fredo
Art God

Mon May 20, 2019 5:31 pm

jjbehren wrote:Disappointing when considering how great this show was and how basic it ended up being in the end.
They kind of did the same thing with Mad Men. To be fair to the writers, it would be tough to keep all of the long term stuff in perspective when you're out of an open-ended mindset and hurtling towards a definite end point that wasn't preordained by Martin. Lotta gravity and inertia to handle. Things start to collapse/condense/stretch around you. Your feet look weird. It's a black hole in space is what I'm saying.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2019 7:06 am

Kramerica wrote:People are really selling themselves on Dany not turning heel in the books. I really hope she does, just because of all the outcry, as if people "know" her or have some ownership of the character.
She probably will, but at least the books will be more fleshed out about it
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2019 10:04 am

This show deserved a much better final season on literally every level. It lost me the previous season but whatevs..
cotis
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2019 10:27 am

tourist504 wrote:Where's the link to that one (I think it was) reddit post that claimed to be an insider and gave a full run-down of the final ep plot? I never read it but I want to go back and see if they were right...
it was deleted as far as I know, but here's an article about it.

https://fansided.com/2019/05/17/game-th ... e-summary/

most were posted in /GOTTheories and /freefolk over the last few weeks
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2019 10:39 am

wonkabars7 wrote:This show deserved a much better final season on literally every level. It lost me the previous season but whatevs..
It really needed 2 more seasons, but Star Wars
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed May 22, 2019 10:50 am

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
fredo
Art God

Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 am

If Rodgers is unhappy then I'm happy. Good job, Dragonshit Brandwarf McSnowghost!
just a foil for me today, thanks
sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2019 1:06 pm

earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2019 1:40 pm

Ha, while I was watching the finale it made me think of the ends of Animal House and Fast Times. This is a pretty good version of what I envisioned.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Wed May 29, 2019 9:46 pm

My biggest gripe is the lazy writing in the last couple seasons. As well as the whole series was based around winter is coming and the fight was over in a single episode.
A good example of what I deemed lazy writing in the finale was the Lannister demise. So when you see Tyrion searching for his brother and sister you can clearly see there’s plenty of area in the catacombs where there is little to no debris from the castle collapsing not to mention the archways that are still in tact. They want to live so badly and she’s frantic about her child being able to live yet they don’t try to take any cover or move they just stand right in the spot where they will be crushed...
The dragon is so upset about her dying but it seems he just blames the throne then just flies away...

Etc etc
ImageImageImage..."one spoon might feel a little nicer, but the cornflakes will taste the same"...Beckett.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:58 am

Who did they pay off to win that award?