Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2019 3:53 am

ccsmd598 wrote:
I could literally care less who lives and dies, the payoff of GoT has always been the quality of how events unfold
^^^^

The ferocity with which some book zealots defend the plot from the "failures" of the show runners is almost as entertaining as the show itself (not nesssisarily referring to anyone on here). If people cared as much about this fiction as they did about reality then I'd have a more positive outlook on life...probably.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2019 11:27 am

even after reading the leaked spoilers I'm still kinda excited to see all that fudge go down.
still looking forward to "Cleganebowl."
definitely still looking forward to more fire and blood.
I think the only character from the show that im actually, even slightly attached to at this point is Arya. I went back and watched a few "Arya heavy" episodes this week and I think her journey over the whole show and her character build up has been the best out of everyones'.

ill be pretty drymounting disappointed if GRRM doesn't get off his fat ass and finish the books properly. that would be a pretty dick move to leave us all hanging and to just have show to lean on....
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2019 12:10 pm

so I guess I'm curious as to why you would read leaked spoilers?
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2019 1:20 pm

chalkdust wrote:so I guess I'm curious as to why you would read leaked spoilers?
well after reading all the books so far, and being part way through the prequel book I don't really have that much invested interest in the show anymore. before I read the "spoilers" I had a pretty good idea about what was going to happen in the last two episodes. maybe I didn't know very specific details but after the fourth episode I pretty much could guess how the last two were going to play out. and honestly the "spoilers" I read were hardly real "spoilers" for me, I think there were two, maybe three things in them that I hadn't already figured was going to happen. they were really more like guesses and were very very close to what I was already expecting, especially after watching the last episode.

honestly, I don't feel like they really spoiled anything for me. as many people have said here its really not about the ending but the whole story in general. I think someone wrote that this will go down as the best 7 season show ever...and I kinda agree with that. this 8th season is just missing something, being to compressed or poor story telling...I don't know, it just doesn't seem as good as past seasons. like "The Wire," I freaking loved that show but the last season or maybe two last seasons just weren't as catching as the earlier ones.

I dunno, I guess I sound like an idiot. ill just shut up. its a freaking great show and I love it. and like I said, even knowing what I know now, im still super excited to watch the last two episodes.

I just want more books!

EDIT: maybe I was just taking many more bonghits during the first few 7 seasons. not doing that anymore.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 pm

Betcha the spoilers are HBO false flags...false banners 8)
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri May 10, 2019 10:36 am

I have question I ask everyone who watches, I don't know any book readers so feel free to chime it if it was answered at sometime in the books

throughout all of GOT history why did they never outfit the dragons with some type of armour if they were so easily defeated with arrows?
wouldn't it make sense to?

that's what i hope Euron is looking up at in the coming attractions
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri May 10, 2019 1:04 pm

schmoff wrote:I have question I ask everyone who watches, I don't know any book readers so feel free to chime it if it was answered at sometime in the books

throughout all of GOT history why did they never outfit the dragons with some type of armour if they were so easily defeated with arrows?
wouldn't it make sense to?

that's what i hope Euron is looking up at in the coming attractions
and a saddle...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
SPAC04
Art Expert

Fri May 10, 2019 1:26 pm

^i hear that. It can't be comfortable, then again it's a dragon.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri May 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Re. riding dragons, it reminds me of something I think Gandalf said about Shadowfax in the LOTR books. Someone said something about riding him without a saddle and Gandalf said something like If Shadowfax will allow you to ride him, he will make sure you stay on him. I dunno, that's what I thought of anyway.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri May 10, 2019 2:03 pm

fair enough, just imagine a dragon decked out in armour with a proper saddle would be a damn lot harder to take out

also heard rumblings of another larger dragon out there due to the new opening has a engraving of a large dragon with 3 smaller ones
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri May 10, 2019 6:51 pm

The dragons in the books had scales so tough that spears, and arrows simply bounced off. A direct shot through the eye was the only way to deliver a fatal blow. These were dragons far older than the three in the show though, and no one had the ballistic missile arrows that Cersie does.

Also, book Targaryens did outfit their dragons with saddles, and light armor. Not saddles like on our horses though. They simply tethered the rider to his dragon. Book dragonriders rode standing up. They'd have sword fights with one another in the air.
ACCBiggz
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 12, 2019 10:21 pm

HisBobness
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Hands down the best episode of the season if not the series. The destruction. Incredible. So drymounting worthwhile.
fredo
Art God

Sun May 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Did they finally leave Georgia?
just a foil for me today, thanks
Philpenn
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Daenerys took a real Ellaria there.