Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 am

oh and the actual reveal of Jon's parents was so far downplayed! how the drymount does that get so little screen time and not a pivotal moment at the end of the episode, when Bronn banging his 3 hoooers gets more TV time?
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3383
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:31 am

I thought they would angle it elsewhere after Sam found out about Dragon lady wasting his family.
Buckhammer
Art Expert
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm
Location: Tejas

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:35 am

cotis wrote:oh and the actual reveal of Jon's parents was so far downplayed! how the drymount does that get so little screen time and not a pivotal moment at the end of the episode, when Bronn banging his 3 hoooers gets more TV time?
Cause it's Bronn, and they had a boob quota to meet.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:41 am

biggest reveal in a longggg time < boobs.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16215
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:44 am

cotis wrote:biggest reveal in a longggg time < boobs.
The reveal happened last season.
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23118
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:50 am

cotis wrote:biggest reveal in a longggg time < boobs.
I feel like a lot of people would make that choice, tbh.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:59 am

finneganm wrote:
cotis wrote:biggest reveal in a longggg time < boobs.
The reveal happened last season.
not to Jon
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7091
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:30 am

cotis wrote:oh and the actual reveal of Jon's parents was so far downplayed! how the drymount does that get so little screen time and not a pivotal moment at the end of the episode, when Bronn banging his 3 hoooers gets more TV time?
i agree.

its the main issue the show has had lately: what was once a vast world with fantastic build up is reduced to small, quick, and trite in every way.
Combo with cheesy dragon riding scene is more proof the show lost steam and its edge long ago.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23118
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:36 am

Eh, once the Night King got introduced the entire complexion of the show changed. I'm enjoying it for what it is but it was never gonna be the same show as it was pre-Night King.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am

jkw3000 wrote:Eh, once the Night King got introduced the entire complexion of the show changed. I'm enjoying it for what it is but it was never gonna be the same show as it was pre-Night King.
So just the first season? Didn't Night King change the baby in the final scene of Season 1?

Having more than Bran know about Jon's parentage last season ruined any shot of it having a big impact this season. Why either of them would wait to tell Jon, I have no idea. Sam's just chilling in the library a full day after Jon gets back to Winterfell.

Sidenote: And if they have questions about Dani being Queen because she executed the Tarly's on a battlefield, wait until they find out about all those people she crucified in Essos, lol.
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23118
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:53 am

hunterjax wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Eh, once the Night King got introduced the entire complexion of the show changed. I'm enjoying it for what it is but it was never gonna be the same show as it was pre-Night King.
So just the first season? Didn't Night King change the baby in the final scene of Season 1?
Fair point, though I'd argue at least that once you brought in the Night King in full force (aka Hardhome) you contextualize so much of the situation from "hey look at all these people fighting for the Iron Throne" to "why does anybody care when a seemingly-unstoppable undead ice army is about to show up." Not that I'm personally against it per se, just a different beast than the one where we're watching kingdoms maneuver and backstab and kill each other. But to each their own.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7091
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:55 am

jkw3000 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Eh, once the Night King got introduced the entire complexion of the show changed. I'm enjoying it for what it is but it was never gonna be the same show as it was pre-Night King.
So just the first season? Didn't Night King change the baby in the final scene of Season 1?
Fair point, though I'd argue at least that once you brought in the Night King in full force (aka Hardhome) you contextualize so much of the situation from "hey look at all these people fighting for the Iron Throne" to "why does anybody care when a seemingly-unstoppable undead ice army is about to show up." Not that I'm personally against it per se, just a different beast than the one where we're watching kingdoms maneuver and backstab and kill each other. But to each their own.
I agree with this too for the most part. The most interesting aspect of the show was everything outside of the walkers...not that the king and his walkers are bad, it just no where near as interesting or as unique of a show.
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3658
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Night King was in the first season? First I remember him was when a different White Walker returned North with Craster's son. Don't feel like that was S01 though.
Last edited by Philpenn on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Eh, once the Night King got introduced the entire complexion of the show changed. I'm enjoying it for what it is but it was never gonna be the same show as it was pre-Night King.
So just the first season? Didn't Night King change the baby in the final scene of Season 1?
Fair point, though I'd argue at least that once you brought in the Night King in full force (aka Hardhome) you contextualize so much of the situation from "hey look at all these people fighting for the Iron Throne" to "why does anybody care when a seemingly-unstoppable undead ice army is about to show up." Not that I'm personally against it per se, just a different beast than the one where we're watching kingdoms maneuver and backstab and kill each other. But to each their own.
Ah, I see the point you're making now . . . was thinking you meant once they brought
Image
into the show it completely changed it.

I agree about it going from a "political intrigue" show to a "save the world from darkness" more-typical fantasy story once the NK was in full force.
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Philpenn wrote:Night King was in the first season?
may have been end of season 2, I don't remember.
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
Post Reply