Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:05 am

noeldaddy wrote:Arya's gonna kill Jaime and take his face. Cersei will realize "Jaime" has 2 functional hands and will open up Arya. Goodbye Arya
That crossed my mind; however, I recently read that many-face men can change their face...but, they can't change their size/stature. This led me to think Arya will take Tommen's face who is, presumably, smaller in stature.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:35 am

^^ Arya changed size/stature when she was pretending to be Walder Frey. Magic.
IWish wrote:...the prophecy:
"...the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”
valonqar = younger brother
Show Maggie did not mention the valonqar, only book Maggie. Show Maggie was also young/hot, as opposed to the ugly old hag book Maggie was.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 am

Philpenn wrote:^^ Arya changed size/stature when she was pretending to be Walder Frey. Magic.
I thought of that too, but because Walder was an infirmed, bent old man in his 90's - I gave the show a pass on that.
Philpenn wrote:Show Maggie did not mention the valonqar, only book Maggie. Show Maggie was also young/hot, as opposed to the ugly old hag book Maggie was.
It still fits and I like it. I will be more cautious when researching. I goggled 'Cersei's prophecy' and didn't realize that the result, at the GOT's wiki, contained book-only references.

------------------------------

I just read about the big to-do over Ed Sheeran's cameo. I didn't know that he is a singer/musician in rl. I thought that scene was great to show Arya still retains a bit of her humanity. She's become blood-thirsty and I totally understand why, but makes me sad about her character. I went as far as to think that Arya, (assumed as Tommen), will confront Cersei while in the painful throes of death by suicide (poison); with the hope that the writers will leave it ambiguous as to whether Arya killing Cersei is, (at least partly), a mercy kill.

I have no idea how things will go - just throwing out some thoughts.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:59 am

Don't understand the Sheeran scene hate. Not a fan of his music, but lots are including Maisie. It was a gift to her, so how can anyone hate on that? My biggest gripe with the scene was the soldiers said that was a brand new song, when we already heard it seasons ago. Other than that it did a good job showing it's mostly not the soldiers doing the dirt, it's the sergeants/generals. Sweagin should have already explained that last season, but the writers took away his (and probably the best in ASOIAF) monologue for no reason.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:10 am

I'd never heard of Sheeran. Still don't know which one he was. So I had no issues with the scene. Didn't seem out of place or pandering. *shrugs*
So it goes...
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:49 am

I hope that Tormund Giantsbane gets appointed as the new Warden of the North.

I also love all of his scenes with Brienne.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:57 am

The problem with the Sheeran scene was that it was distracting to have a gratuitous non-actor celeb cameo in your favorite show. Obviously didnt matter if you didnt know who he was.

Personally I didn't care all that much about it, I just did a small eye-roll and waited for him to be out of the shot.

Otherwise it was a really good scene - Arya is still in touch with her humanity, and some nice context representing the countless war-weary Westerosi smallfolk and rank and file soldiers who just want some peace.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:50 am

To finally hear Arya's laughter again in that scene. Genuine. It feels like forever since we've been able to witness that and it tugged at my heart.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:07 am

Luls. How the fug do y'all not know who Ed Sheeran is? Buncha olds up in hur.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:55 am

So it goes...
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:07 pm

I'm with mfaith here. I knew the name and knew he was a musician but don't know anything beyond that and didn't recognize him in the show.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Ignorance is bliss. Now I have this song stuck in my head. :hanging:
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:29 pm

True, I find that the most alarming thing in this thread. I can't stand him and never could, but to never hear of him is a headscratcher. Y'all too busy standing in lines.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:01 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Y'all too busy listening to good music.
:wink:
So it goes...
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:10 pm

mfaith wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Y'all too busy listening to good music.
:wink:
Oh believe me, his stuff is garbage to me.... but that's like saying you have never heard of Justin Beiber. I couldn't tell you the name of any of his songs, but I know who he is.

You are getting old!