Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:32 pm

Anyone else think Casterly Rock looked a little...underwhelming? The show has done a great job presenting Dragonstone and other Westerosi locations. But I was looking forward to finally seeing CR and was hoping for something like:

Philpenn
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:40 am

^^ Abso Lutely. Even that picture is a bit underwhelming. Casterly Rock isn't a castle on top of a mountain. Casterly Rock is a castle built out of a mountain. Jawn's taller than the Wall.

Highgarden looked like doodie too. We waited 7 seasons to see them, still waiting on Storm's End, and they couldn't even cgi accurate portrayals. Not like detailed descriptions of both are nowhere to be found.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:55 am

middayshadows wrote:Anyone else think Casterly Rock looked a little...underwhelming?
Yes, and the first 3 episodes have been underwhelming as a whole. I mean we've been waiting this long for Dany n Jon meeting, and that's what we get? Lackluster snoozefest.

Also, a lot of insta-traveling going on all over the kingdom for convenience. Casterly Rock and Highgarden sieges were abbreviated and boring.

Story feels messy and rushed towards the HBO conclusion now, but hopefully that changes going forward.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:59 pm

63schoeffling wrote:And Howland Reed most likely knows. Other than that, maybe Varys or Carcetti but that's it I believe.
Carcetti = I laugh every time.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Man I hope Cersei cleaned that poison off real well before dropping to her knees to gobble her bro's knob.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:04 pm

dryerase wrote:Still crossing my fingers for Dinklage on a dragon.
I think this is likely - especially since they already showed the dragons had a bit of an affinity for him.

It also sets up the three "outliers" of the remaining powerful families uniting the realm - a bastard, a dwarf, and a woman.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:04 pm

his hand wont be the only thing...

apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:43 pm

john38103 wrote:Tyrion still killed their dad.
True, but I thought Jaime helped him escape.
Last edited by apalma27 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:44 pm

FlapJack wrote:
middayshadows wrote:Anyone else think Casterly Rock looked a little...underwhelming?
Yes, and the first 3 episodes have been underwhelming as a whole. I mean we've been waiting this long for Dany n Jon meeting, and that's what we get? Lackluster snoozefest.

Also, a lot of insta-traveling going on all over the kingdom for convenience. Casterly Rock and Highgarden sieges were abbreviated and boring.

Story feels messy and rushed towards the HBO conclusion now, but hopefully that changes going forward.
Insta travel kills boring filler.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:18 pm

I don't think Jaime will kill Cersei. I don't think he can wrap his gold hand around her neck.

...the prophecy:
"...the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”
Humor me. I was thinking now that Arya has many-faces skills, maybe she will use Tommen's face, (with Cersei thinking Tommen's appearance is an apparition), allowing Arya to get close enough to Cersei to strangle her. Heh. I really want it to be Arya that does the dirty deed.

valonqar = younger brother
FroDawg
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:32 pm

IWish wrote:I don't think Jaime will kill Cersei. I don't think he can wrap his gold hand around her neck.

...the prophecy:
"...the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”
Humor me. I was thinking now that Arya has many-faces skills, maybe she will use Tommen's face, (with Cersei thinking Tommen's appearance is an apparition), allowing Arya to get close enough to Cersei to strangle her. Heh. I really want it to be Arya that does the dirty deed.

I vote for this outcome. :clap:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:59 pm

IWish wrote:I don't think Jaime will kill Cersei. I don't think he can wrap his gold hand around her neck.

...the prophecy:

Sorry, I wasnt clear. I think Cersei kills him or has him killed.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:54 pm

Philpenn wrote:^^ Abso Lutely. Even that picture is a bit underwhelming. Casterly Rock isn't a castle on top of a mountain. Casterly Rock is a castle built out of a mountain.
Yup , the pic I nabbed represented the grandeur I was expecting in Casterly Rock, but the pic you posted is how the CRock should look as a whole, zoomed out.
Philpenn wrote: Highgarden looked like doodie too. We waited 7 seasons to see them, still waiting on Storm's End, and they couldn't even cgi accurate portrayals. Not like detailed descriptions of both are nowhere to be found.
I agree there too. They actually made Horn Hill, the castle of House Tarly who are sworn to the Tyrells, look more impressive than Highgarden.

It's annoying because creating matte paintings or set extended matte plates of a real location, is one of the less-costly aspects of a VFX-heavy production. They did it well with Dragonstone. Kind of smacks of "guys, we're only going to see this place(s) once, dont waste too much time on it."
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:38 am

apalma27 wrote:Sorry, I wasnt clear. I think Cersei kills him or has him killed.
No worries. My post with Arya as Cersei's killer was mainly additional thoughts I had to my earlier post regarding Cersei's prophecy.

Cersei and Jaime both have said that they were born together and will die together. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will be 'physically' together upon their deaths. When we see Cersei's death, Jaime's death will soon happen in some way. We don't know who will be the first to die or how, of course.

Right now, that's how the story will go in my head. Heh. I'm usually wrong about these things, though.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:00 am

Arya's gonna kill Jaime and take his face. Cersei will realize "Jaime" has 2 functional hands and will open up Arya. Goodbye Arya
ImageImage