Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:31 am

Okay. Thanks. I'll do a quick refresher for a few those characters mentioned. Just trying to pick my way through and speculate how Jon's heritage might get revealed.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:35 am

Thinking he may get into a situation with one of the dragons, he gets shown to be fireproof like her and then from there.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:38 am

FrankBooth wrote:Thinking he may get into a situation with one of the dragons, he gets shown to be fireproof like her and then from there.

Whoa. That would be pretty awesome. I like that A LOT.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:52 am

We've already been shown that Jon is not fireproof.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:02 pm

A little too much yada yada yadaing in that episode.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:55 pm

IWish wrote:Okay. Thanks. I'll do a quick refresher for a few those characters mentioned. Just trying to pick my way through and speculate how Jon's heritage might get revealed.
Bran said to Sanza he needed to talk to Jon, probably about that
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Philpenn wrote:We've already been shown that Jon is not fireproof.
Before or after he was brought back to life? Believe it or not, I do pay attention when I watch. I don't usually do re-watches, so I've forgotten some of the details.

Yes, IB, I suspected Bran will be the one to reveal the info to Jon. Bran's a good character, but somewhat on the dry side. The dragon scene that Frank described would be way cool. I hope they come up with a more dramatic way than Bran.

Cersei's future was foretold that she would be killed by a younger brother. All these years she's hated Tyrion - likely thinking it would be him. Euron, is a 'younger brother' to Balon. I hope he strangles her slowly so she suffers. I'm heartless when it comes to Cersei.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:36 pm

Oh, yeah...Euron's ship, 'Silence', is so frickin' cool.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:12 pm

Bran is going to tell Jon Snow. It's been all but confirmed this episode. How the fact that he is a Targaryan gets proven to others is the mystery - because thats actually what REALLY matters - not Jon being told, but for others being told in a way they can't dispute. I believe this will be done by first proving Bran's powers to the people that matter (Danaerys) which will, by association, be enough to convince her that the info on Jon's real father is true. I don't think this happens until next season. If it does, its only begins to take shape this season and Dany is not fully convinced until next season.

Jaime is killing Cersei, I believe the show has been alluding to it for awhile and now in episode 3 they've showed themselves taking the first step on that path.

I don't know whether or not to take it as on-the-nose writing, or a huge hint towards something, but Little Finger's monologue right before Bran shows up was a little too on point for me. He pretty much describes Bran's powers to a T and is interrupted by someone teling Sansa Bran is knocking on the door. Does Littlefinger know something?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:14 pm

BB8 wrote:Bran is going to tell Jon Snow. It's been all but confirmed this episode. How the fact that he is a Targaryan gets proven to others is the mystery - because thats actually what REALLY matters - not Jon being told, but for others being told in a way they can't dispute. I believe this will be done by first proving Bran's powers to the people that matter (Danaerys) which will, by association, be enough to convince her that the info on Jon's real father is true. I don't think this happens until next season. If it does, its only begins to take shape this season and Dany is not fully convinced until next season.

Jaime is killing Cersei, I believe the show has been alluding to it for awhile and now in episode 3 they've showed themselves taking the first step on that path.

I don't know whether or not to take it as on-the-nose writing, or a huge hint towards something, but Little Finger's monologue right before Bran shows up was a little too on point for me. He pretty much describes Bran's powers to a T and is interrupted by someone teling Sansa Bran is knocking on the door. Does Littlefinger know something?
Yup..... so obvious of an interruption. I'm curious as to what he knows.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Good post, BB8. I need to rewatch the last episode...I got distracted during the scene just before Bran showed up. Yeah, if Bran is the one that needs to provide proof to Dany and her people, then it sounds like you're right. It'll take awhile to set things up.

H-m-m-m...I didn't think about the possibility that Jaime would kill her. He looked like a love sick puppy while staring at her when they were in bed together (so gross).
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:46 pm

IWish wrote: H-m-m-m...I didn't think about the possibility that Jaime would kill her. He looked like a love sick puppy while staring at her when they were in bed together (so gross).
Actually I thought quite the opposite. Jaime seemed distant and not as into it as he normally might be.

Jaime killing Cersei would make a lot of sense on a few levels and is characteristic of the show's style. I think Cersei is going to continue down the path of of turning into the mad king and Jaime will have to kill her the same way he had to kill the mad king. History will repeat itself but this time around it is vastly more significant to Jaime.

I mean, The show is super unpredictable but I just don't see a better, more meaningful way of Cersei dying- add that to the fact that parrallels to Cersei and the mad king are being drawn left and right, none more apparent than Ollena's final words...... and I think we all can agree that a) Cersei is dying and b) it is going to have to be one of the most, if not THE most, meaningful deaths in the show. We've had villians in Joffrey, Tywin, Ramsey ect, but nobody has been a villian on the show as long as Cersei has been and in quite the same, slow burning, far reaching, sort of way.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:48 pm

Even if Bran tells Jon, it don't mean squat with nothing on paper. My guess is that Sansa finds something going through the Measter's old raven notes or Sam finds something at the Citadel confirming a marriage between Lyanna and Rhaegar. If it's on paper with a Targ seal from Rhaegar, Dany's claim to the throne is in serious jeopardy.
schmoff
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:58 pm

Bran will warg a dragon and Jon will ride a dragon
alteridiom
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:06 pm

schmoff wrote:Bran will warg a dragon and Jon will ride a dragon
That's what I've been thinking.
Small town pizza lawyer