Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3655
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:32 am

cotis wrote:Littlefinger and Jon in the dungeon... like father like son.
Please explain. LF and Jon were in the Winterfell crypts. We never saw LF and Ned there, only Robert and Ned. Also never saw LF and Ned in a dungeon, only Ned and Varys in the ones below the Red Keep.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4620
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:36 am

Image
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8171
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:47 am

greenhorn1 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Lame ep outside the last 5 mins. Really hope the next 5 are hammers.
I sort of agree. With everyone saying how the shortened season was going to be so action packed we're over 25% done and all that has happened is one relatively short lopsided battle.
Yeah, if it was 10 eps long it would be fine. Hopefully they really bring it from here on out.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:52 am

For me though the story itself is advancing rapidly. Sure we only have had one small (one sided) battle. But we have greyworm heading to casterly rock, Jon Snow heading south, Euron has his gift, and Arya is heading back North. All these are major plot points for the show to progress on. I have a feeling things will start picking up next week even more.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3655
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:52 am

cotis wrote:gif
Thanks. Wasn't following.
User avatar
greenhorn1
Art Expert
Posts: 8778
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:00 am

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 am

[quote="Baker"]For me though the story itself is advancing rapidly. Sure we only have had one small (one sided) battle. But we have greyworm heading to casterly rock, Jon Snow heading south, Euron has his gift, and Arya is heading back North. All these are major plot points for the show to progress on. I have a feeling things will start picking up next week even more.[/quote

I agree, they're major plot points. And they're
major plot points that the show is running perilously low on screen time left to properly address. I just worry that this is going to end up like so many epic shows and books. Years of build up with an anticlimactic conclusion.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
User avatar
alteridiom
Art Expert
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Tennessee

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Final scene is a pen writing on some paper. Zoom out and it is an old Samwell Tarly as a maester. Having finished writing his book on the life of Jon Snow. The King.
Small town pizza lawyer
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:50 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Lame ep outside the last 5 mins. Really hope the next 5 are hammers.
I sort of agree. With everyone saying how the shortened season was going to be so action packed we're over 25% done and all that has happened is one relatively short lopsided battle.
Yeah, if it was 10 eps long it would be fine. Hopefully they really bring it from here on out.
this - seemed like an episode of stuff that could have taken the first 20 minutes and then been into everything that's going to happen next week.
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3360
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:25 pm

pittidesart wrote:At first I thought he bitched out... then I thought about it, his uncle would have killed his sister if he even began to step forward. He started to and stopped. He looked around at all the psychos torturing everyone and then made the decision to jump. So he is playing the long game. He needs backup to save her.
I think that's a valid outlook, though the way they made it seem was it was him regressing and just freaking out. Though it may be a little bit of that and some actual tactical maneuvering.

Either way she's gonna be pissed.
jamel-d
Art Expert
Posts: 9708
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:55 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 90e4b7d1c8

Valar Morghulis
(All men must die)

An illustrated guide to all 1,243 deaths in “Game of Thrones” Seasons 1-6
WARNING: Spoilers abound.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52170
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:05 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Philpenn wrote: That and Samwell risking getting thrown out of the Citadel to learn the only thing the most important person he ever met already told him.
Wow, talk about missing the point! Sam is there in part to become a maester but his #1 goal for going to the Citadel was to get info to help Jon and humanity win the war against the walkers. He *literally* found a map where tons of dragonglass can be found - if that cache is still intact it will make a huge difference in the war to come.
So with "mission accomplished" he decides to risk his life to try to "save" Jorah with no experience of the procedure?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52170
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:05 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Philpenn wrote: That and Samwell risking getting thrown out of the Citadel to learn the only thing the most important person he ever met already told him.
Wow, talk about missing the point! Sam is there in part to become a maester but his #1 goal for going to the Citadel was to get info to help Jon and humanity win the war against the walkers. He *literally* found a map where tons of dragonglass can be found - if that cache is still intact it will make a huge difference in the war to come.
So with "mission accomplished" he decides to risk his life to try to "save" Jorah with no experience of the procedure?

P.S. In such a brutal world, why don't they just put down the stone men instead of sending them off to exile and potentially have other people get infected?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8171
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:10 pm

I never got that one. Just kill them.
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10958
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Damn you Euron. Was looking forward to some girl on girl.
Image
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5689
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:48 pm

canuck wrote:Damn you Euron. Was looking forward to some girl on girl.
Now, since it’s my last night on shore for a while, I’m going to go drymount the tits off this one. -Yara Greyjoy
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Post Reply