Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 30, 2016 2:46 am

Celsius wrote:...having him in earlier seasons would've made sense. As it is now, he's just a character that appears out of nowhere in the nick of time.
I think he explained it pretty succinctly, and they've made mention of him more than once, so it was always thought that if he wasn't confirmed dead, he was above the wall doing something.

I don't read the books and I have no problem with him not being seen earlier and showing up as he did.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 30, 2016 2:50 am

Celsius wrote:
BB8 wrote:
Celsius wrote:
pjsteelerfan wrote:Coldhands was an unexpected surprise
If they knew he was to be back, I don't get why he wasn't introduced much earlier. :?
What need for him was there? None. He is back because he has to be.

ALSO. He is technically dead. He is a white - kind of. They're merging Benjen with a character called Coldhands and Coldhands being "dead," as Benjen is, could not enter the Greenseer tree area previously off limits to the night's king and white walkers.

I'm not sure why the children of the forest have such a hardon for Starks and saving them over others. Like, they bring back Benjen Stark for unknown reasons, someone who "dies" off screen and presumably not directly in front of and in sight of the children of the forest - but they throw one of their fireballs at poor Jorjen before it's even confirmed he's totally dead.
Coldhands and Benjen isn't a merging for the show. They are the same characters in both the books and the show. Don't want to bring book talks in here, but having him in earlier seasons would've made sense. As it is now, he's just a character that appears out of nowhere in the nick of time.
WELL. Not exactly. I don't want to talk too much about the books either, BUT, you're wrong saying that they're the same character in the books. We do not know who Coldhands is in the books - or if he is and/or was anyone of significance ever. He's is not Benjen in the books. As of now.

I'll end the book talk on that point.

Benjen's return is not totally out of nowhere, the implication is that he knows and has been "working with" The three eyed Raven all this time. Doing what? We don't know. But he meets back up with Bran and seems to know all about Bran's deal so he could have taken a break from what he was tasked with because Bran and Meera needed it- desperate times - I suspect he knows all about the events of the the last few episode.

He's arrived because he is needed. I buy it.
mrkyuss
Art God

Mon May 30, 2016 8:03 am

The play crew annoy me a bit.

Why are they telling these stories as if they are folklore...the majority happened in the past few years. Too soon.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Mon May 30, 2016 8:04 am

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
binky79
Art Expert

Mon May 30, 2016 9:35 am

duckyhoward wrote:It's been a pretty solid season so far.
These HBO 'Inside The Episode' summaries are also interesting:
Have you checked out After the Thrones? Pretty good group discussion show HBO airs on Mondays. I've been digging it.
trarex
Art Expert

Mon May 30, 2016 10:25 am

"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon May 30, 2016 11:55 am

Captain, there be dragons! Now I know why they didn't end last week with Drogos.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon May 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Martyn Lannister sure stepped up his accent out of nowhere.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Mon May 30, 2016 1:25 pm

Cool that Benjen is back effectively replacing another character in the books that I was wondering if we would ever see. Also getting to see glimpses of the mad King is sweet. It was a good episode.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 30, 2016 4:53 pm

SO do you think Arya required any kind of ability from all that training or is she leaving the way she went in? Aside from maybe a better fighter?
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon May 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Mad King sounded like Vegeta.
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:37 pm

BB8 wrote:SO do you think Arya required any kind of ability from all that training or is she leaving the way she went in? Aside from maybe a better fighter?
I think she learned some things but I was surprised to see her go.

Maybe it's not quite over yet....
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:49 pm

i could see a total twist in the Arya story where blondie gets killed instead and Arya is congratulated for making the right decision.
8=====D~~~~
veltri
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:53 pm

The blond who trained her? I could see that happening. A girl has no desires, and she wanted to personally kill Arya.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.