Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Superfro33 wrote:Smith is reacting to book folks confirming/denying his posted rhetorical questions, not the link provided.
Confirming that an entire kingdom of westeros (i.e. Dorne) will continue to play some role in the story, after it has been introduced through the character of Oberyn Martell, is not a spolier. It is common sense.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:20 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:Smith is reacting to book folks confirming/denying his posted rhetorical questions, not the link provided.
Confirming that an entire kingdom of westeros (i.e. Dorne) will continue to play some role in the story, after it has been introduced through the character of Oberyn Martell, is not a spolier. It is common sense.
I'm not arguing one way or another. I was simply providing the play-by-play recap. :lol:
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
I'm not arguing one way or another. I was simply providing the play-by-play recap. :lol:
I wasn't blaming you by any means. More saying that if that is what smith is pissed about, he shouldn't be.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:24 pm

sixstringer wrote:Image
New print release?!?

Please do 90s grunge rock Jon Snow.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:28 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:Plus, Martin can't write for fudge. I tried one of those books. Awful.
Since you didn't use italics, I take it this is a serious statement and not sarcasm?
Heard the same fudge from several people. Heard the 5th book is by far the most poorly written. ZOMG SPOILER ALERT!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:48 pm

jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:58 pm

FlapJack wrote:
Good stuff
Spoiler alert: in the 5th book, all the characters time travel to te 80s and 90s.
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Coming to America styles.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:19 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
I wasn't blaming you by any means. More saying that if that is what smith is pissed about, he shouldn't be.
Superfro's right, and yeah man, you're wrong. In a TV thread you never talk about what's about to happen with any certainty. I don't know why that's hard to grasp. You are right that you didn't divulge much, but too many people here have next to no self control and too many others are spoiling trolls that get off on it, so it's a slippery slope. Far too many people that have read the books cannot accept that people want to watch this show organically.
Codeblue wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:Plus, Martin can't write for fudge. I tried one of those books. Awful.
Since you didn't use italics, I take it this is a serious statement and not sarcasm?
Heard the same fudge from several people. Heard the 5th book is by far the most poorly written. ZOMG SPOILER ALERT!
No, it's serious. It's crappy prose. The bar is pretty low in the fantasy genre, I get that, and I'm not a fantasy fan, fine, but it was a grind to read the page and a half I did. The plot is cool but the book itself was not. As funny as this pic is, for example, man, that paragraph: rough.

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:33 pm

So dude was a hipster hesher?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 pm

mistersmith wrote: Superfro's right, and yeah man, you're wrong. In a TV thread you never talk about what's about to happen with any certainty. I don't know why that's hard to grasp. You are right that you didn't divulge much, but too many people here have next to no self control and too many others are spoiling trolls that get off on it, so it's a slippery slope. Far too many people that have read the books cannot accept that people want to watch this show organically.
Your speculation wasn't actually speculation, it was a necessary conclusion. That's why its not a spoiler. If I tell you we will find out more about Arya as time goes on, that is not a spoiler either. It is a necessary logical conclusion based on fact. Regardless, what I said was too vague and uninformative to be considered a spoiler. But from now on, I will be extra-sensitive, even if the information was actually already "spoiled" by the drymounting producers of the show.
trarex
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:51 pm

EB.PNG
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:52 pm