Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
jrsheppa
Art Expert
Posts: 5422
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: The South

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Superfro33 wrote:Smith is reacting to book folks confirming/denying his posted rhetorical questions, not the link provided.
Confirming that an entire kingdom of westeros (i.e. Dorne) will continue to play some role in the story, after it has been introduced through the character of Oberyn Martell, is not a spolier. It is common sense.
User avatar
Superfro33
Art Expert
Posts: 7085
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: Marion, IA

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:20 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:Smith is reacting to book folks confirming/denying his posted rhetorical questions, not the link provided.
Confirming that an entire kingdom of westeros (i.e. Dorne) will continue to play some role in the story, after it has been introduced through the character of Oberyn Martell, is not a spolier. It is common sense.
I'm not arguing one way or another. I was simply providing the play-by-play recap. :lol:
User avatar
jrsheppa
Art Expert
Posts: 5422
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: The South

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:Smith is reacting to book folks confirming/denying his posted rhetorical questions, not the link provided.
Confirming that an entire kingdom of westeros (i.e. Dorne) will continue to play some role in the story, after it has been introduced through the character of Oberyn Martell, is not a spolier. It is common sense.
I'm not arguing one way or another. I was simply providing the play-by-play recap. :lol:
I wasn't blaming you by any means. More saying that if that is what smith is pissed about, he shouldn't be.
User avatar
jrsheppa
Art Expert
Posts: 5422
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: The South

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:24 pm

sixstringer wrote:Image
New print release?!?

Please do 90s grunge rock Jon Snow.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52828
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:28 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:Plus, Martin can't write for fudge. I tried one of those books. Awful.
Since you didn't use italics, I take it this is a serious statement and not sarcasm?
Heard the same fudge from several people. Heard the 5th book is by far the most poorly written. ZOMG SPOILER ALERT!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
FlapJack
Art Expert
Posts: 4812
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Location: Cleveland

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:48 pm

User avatar
jrsheppa
Art Expert
Posts: 5422
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: The South

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:58 pm

FlapJack wrote:
Good stuff
Spoiler alert: in the 5th book, all the characters time travel to te 80s and 90s.
User avatar
mrkyuss
Art God
Posts: 26874
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Coming to America styles.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:19 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:Smith is reacting to book folks confirming/denying his posted rhetorical questions, not the link provided.
Confirming that an entire kingdom of westeros (i.e. Dorne) will continue to play some role in the story, after it has been introduced through the character of Oberyn Martell, is not a spolier. It is common sense.
I'm not arguing one way or another. I was simply providing the play-by-play recap. :lol:
I wasn't blaming you by any means. More saying that if that is what smith is pissed about, he shouldn't be.
Superfro's right, and yeah man, you're wrong. In a TV thread you never talk about what's about to happen with any certainty. I don't know why that's hard to grasp. You are right that you didn't divulge much, but too many people here have next to no self control and too many others are spoiling trolls that get off on it, so it's a slippery slope. Far too many people that have read the books cannot accept that people want to watch this show organically.
Codeblue wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:Plus, Martin can't write for fudge. I tried one of those books. Awful.
Since you didn't use italics, I take it this is a serious statement and not sarcasm?
Heard the same fudge from several people. Heard the 5th book is by far the most poorly written. ZOMG SPOILER ALERT!
No, it's serious. It's crappy prose. The bar is pretty low in the fantasy genre, I get that, and I'm not a fantasy fan, fine, but it was a grind to read the page and a half I did. The plot is cool but the book itself was not. As funny as this pic is, for example, man, that paragraph: rough.

Image
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52828
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:33 pm

So dude was a hipster hesher?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
jrsheppa
Art Expert
Posts: 5422
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: The South

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 pm

mistersmith wrote: Superfro's right, and yeah man, you're wrong. In a TV thread you never talk about what's about to happen with any certainty. I don't know why that's hard to grasp. You are right that you didn't divulge much, but too many people here have next to no self control and too many others are spoiling trolls that get off on it, so it's a slippery slope. Far too many people that have read the books cannot accept that people want to watch this show organically.
Your speculation wasn't actually speculation, it was a necessary conclusion. That's why its not a spoiler. If I tell you we will find out more about Arya as time goes on, that is not a spoiler either. It is a necessary logical conclusion based on fact. Regardless, what I said was too vague and uninformative to be considered a spoiler. But from now on, I will be extra-sensitive, even if the information was actually already "spoiled" by the drymounting producers of the show.
User avatar
trarex
Art Expert
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:51 pm

EB.PNG
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
User avatar
TheThirdEye
Art Expert
Posts: 4486
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Northern California

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Image
Image
Post Reply