Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
fnord
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:19 am

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:23 am

Awesome.
Last edited by PrintNoob87 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:23 am

afrosteeziac wrote:I know a majority of this story has been written or is being written as we speak, and I understand the reality of anyone can die, but at what point does the "kill the most likeable character" routine get old/unappealing in yals opinion? I have not read the books, but if by the end of this series we also lose Arya, Tyrion, and the Mother of Dragon I'm not sure how I would feel or if I could ever recommend it :(
It's nothing but sadism thus far.
jjbehren wrote:
jlabbate wrote:Great episode last night and the gore quota was certainly met!!
The blood dripping from the ceiling in Gilly's bar/brothel was pretty great touch.
Also, had to show the money shot of a Ramsey flaying project.
mcgraw23
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:23 am

Ladybugjwl wrote:
wottagunn wrote:Great episode.
Kinda gutted Oberyn died, but saw it coming as soon as he started taunting The Mountain.
Excited for next ep, to see how Tyrion gets out of it. He can't die, right???!
I do not think he was taunting the mountain. It seemed to me that he wanted him to admit that Tywin Lannister gave him the order to kill his sister and her children.
I think it's equal parts taunting and trying to get him to admit Tywin gave the order (which I guess we'll never know now). Oberyn was seeking revenge for upwards of 17 years so I'm sure he'd thought about that potential moment countless times. Reminds me a lot of King Robert's musing about Rhaegar in S1 where he says he kills him every night in his sleep and it's still not enough to fill the void. That scene was sooooo emotionally charged. The scream that Ellaria gave when Oberyn's skull is crushed in was blood curdling... :clap:
A Lannister always pays his debts.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:35 am

Yes, the scream immediately following the crushed skull sound was the perfect exclamation point.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Buncha emos up in hur.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:16 pm

I loved the punch to the face that knocked out all his teeth. That was awesome.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:16 pm

I have to say I did not like it as much as some of you. The episode was called the mountain vs the viper and the whole fight was 10 minutes of the show. I was really hoping for

opening credits
start fight
check on sansa
continue fight
check on Jon
continue fight
check on wildlings
continue fight
continue fight
continue fight
continue fight
gut mountain
crush skull
end credits (no music)

Seems like all the cool stuff is the stuff they show the least - dragons, white walkers, etc.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:21 pm

mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:22 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I have to say I did not like it as much as some of you. The episode was called the mountain vs the viper and the whole fight was 10 minutes of the show.
Get metaphorical with it. The Eyrie is a mountain and Baelish is a viper...or is Sansa the new snake in that den? The wildlings fight quick, and are going up a rigid force in the Night's Watch. The Hound is big, Arya is small.

That ain't perfect, but they do that a lot -- find unifying themes amongst the disparate threads. If you rewatch the episode where Stannis went to the bank, check out how every single part of the story hinges around people and their titles...for example.
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Seems like all the cool stuff is the stuff they show the least - dragons, white walkers, etc.
CGI is expensive.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Or maybe it's the coolest stuff BECAUSE you see it the least. :shock:
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Buckhammer wrote:
veltri wrote:[quote="duckyhoward
And Arya clearly wasn't to cut up about the news of her aunties passing. Or perhaps she is just going mad - and laughing at the fact that yet another member of her family has died :lol:

She may have been laughing because her kidnapper was no longer getting his reward.
agree 100% cause they showed the defeat in the Hound's face.[/quote]

i didn't get the notion she was laughing at the hound.. more that she was laughing at her own dumb luck. every time she gets close, she's so far. it was almost like an "of course she's dead, why didn't i see that" laugh
ImageImage
mcgraw23
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:28 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Seems like all the cool stuff is the stuff that's most expensive - dragons, white walkers, etc.
FTFY :wink:

The fight, though entertaining as hell, wasn't the only excellent part of the episode. Sansa's whole confession about her aunt was incredible, Arya's scene was hilarious, GW/Missandei's budding romance was interesting (and pleasant to watch), and Jorah's banishment was intense... it reminded me a lot of watching Dany flip a switch when it came to her brother. As soon as she realized he wanted to hurt her child, she didn't bat an eye at him being covered in molten gold... same thing with Mormont once she found out he informed the Usurper of her son and whereabouts.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:29 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
i didn't get the notion she was laughing at the hound..
You didn't get it then. :D
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:33 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Or maybe it's the coolest stuff BECAUSE you see it the least. :shock:
Oh how they tease! My greedy nature takes over and wants it all... :D
mistersmith wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I have to say I did not like it as much as some of you. The episode was called the mountain vs the viper and the whole fight was 10 minutes of the show.
Get metaphorical with it. The Eyrie is a mountain and Baelish is a viper...or is Sansa the new snake in that den? The wildlings fight quick, and are going up a rigid force in the Night's Watch. The Hound is big, Arya is small.

That ain't perfect, but they do that a lot -- find unifying themes amongst the disparate threads. If you rewatch the episode where Stannis went to the bank, check out how every single part of the story hinges around people and their titles...for example.
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Seems like all the cool stuff is the stuff they show the least - dragons, white walkers, etc.
CGI is expensive.
In the immortal words of codeblue - duh :D

Deep thought is hard. I like shiny things and bright colors.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump