Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Mon May 20, 2019 9:37 am

Kramerica wrote:People are really selling themselves on Dany not turning heel in the books. I really hope she does, just because of all the outcry, as if people "know" her or have some ownership of the character.
That had to be one of THE big plot points GRRM gave to the writers, right? If he scraps that, then a lot of the work he put into setting that up (and no question the setup stuff is there) gets tossed...in addition to an ending with her as the winner would be even more campy feel-good than what the show did.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 10:15 am

I liked the ending.

Team Stark on top, everyone self-actualizing (including Jon, it appeared to me), and that fantasy team small council. I'm cool with it.

Grand Maester Tarley pitching democracy and getting laughed at was the best.

Water bottles tho.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
cotis
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 10:22 am

lol at people thinking GRRM will actually finish the books.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 10:49 am

Kramerica wrote:People are really selling themselves on Dany not turning heel in the books. I really hope she does, just because of all the outcry, as if people "know" her or have some ownership of the character.
I don't see how anyone could think she wasn't just another power-hungry, evil tyrant since like Season 3 at the latest. She was always destined to break bad . . . .
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 10:53 am

my biggest gripe about last night's finale . . . Tyrion says he has had "weeks" to think about who should be king, so it wasn't years that passed when that meeting happens, but somehow, Winter is already over! The books and the show firmly established that season last years or even DECADES, and winter came to Kings Landing overnight and was gone in 4 weeks?? I just don't get how you let that go as a writer/producer/director.

Unless they are saying in some half-assed way that defeating the Night's King ended the cycle of long summers and winters? I guess that's what showing the weed sprouting up past the Wall was meant to symbolize when Jon just ditches the Nights Watch that he's been sentenced to for life to go live with the Freefolk? lol.

Overall, I actually did like the finale, but man, some stuff that they just blatantly ignore/gloss over is really drymounting amateur hour.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon May 20, 2019 10:58 am

hunterjax wrote:my biggest gripe about last night's finale . . . Tyrion says he has had "weeks" to think about who should be king, so it wasn't years that passed when that meeting happens, but somehow, Winter is already over! The books and the show firmly established that season last years or even DECADES, and winter came to Kings Landing overnight and was gone in 4 weeks?? I just don't get how you let that go as a writer/producer/director.

Unless they are saying in some half-assed way that defeating the Night's King ended the cycle of long summers and winters? I guess that's what showing the weed sprouting up past the Wall was meant to symbolize when Jon just ditches the Nights Watch that he's been sentenced to for life to go live with the Freefolk? lol.

Overall, I actually did like the finale, but man, some stuff that they just blatantly ignore/gloss over is really drymounting amateur hour.
JON WALKING BY GREY WORM AND GREY WORM BEATING HIM TO THE RED KEEP THO
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 11:06 am

hunterjax wrote:my biggest gripe about last night's finale . . . Tyrion says he has had "weeks" to think about who should be king, so it wasn't years that passed when that meeting happens, but somehow, Winter is already over! The books and the show firmly established that season last years or even DECADES, and winter came to Kings Landing overnight and was gone in 4 weeks?? I just don't get how you let that go as a writer/producer/director.

Think GRRM has all but confirmed the length of seasons and the white walkers are related and will be explored in the 6th book.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Mon May 20, 2019 11:13 am

pjsteelerfan wrote:

Think GRRM has all but confirmed the length of seasons and the white walkers are related and will be explored in the 6th book.
Yeah, I kinda assumed once the magic dude who made blizzards got killed, winter not being as insane of a season didn't seem all that off. Like, there are plenty of issues with GoT, but that connect-the-dots didn't seem as much of a stretch.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 11:20 am

I guess I just always took the long seasons as sort of a comment on the environment and how out of whack things were in this world. In the end, the Night King is a simple enough reason to blame that on . . . just seems weird that the last winter was also years long (Nan talks to Bran about it, and how him and his siblings never experienced a winter; and she wasn't talking about the Long Night either). I guess it was just the Night King gathering power all those centuries from the last Long Night and his death "broke the spell."

I don't know, personal canon type of thing I guess.

That is funny about Grey Worm teleporting up the stairs of the Red Keep though Rambo, lol!
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 1:00 pm

That is funny about Grey Worm teleporting up the stairs of the Red Keep though Rambo, lol!
And then sailing to Naath. I guess Butterfly Fever doesn't exist in the show? And then why does Jon have to go to the Night's Watch? He had to supposedly as the only way Gray Worm and the Unsullied would free him, and then they sail half a world away (before he even leaves King's Landing). Plus the North is it's own kingdom now. Is the Watch still part of the six kingdoms? I enjoyed it, but so many things don't make a whole lot of sense.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 20, 2019 1:02 pm

^Prolly why the writers didn't do an inside the ep for the last ep. "We ain't even gonna try to explain most of dis fudge". Woulda been way more "realistic" if Grey Worm had a military takeover and made all the Starks live under martial law. Woulda been a fitting end to dis fudge show.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mike123230
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Generally liked where everyone ended up TBH. Just wish they had taken an extra season to get there instead of basically turning in an outline and getting partial credit.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 1:52 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:JON WALKING BY GREY WORM AND GREY WORM BEATING HIM TO THE RED KEEP THO
FINALLY SOMEONE ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS!
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
fredo
Art God

Mon May 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Did they free SamuraiWorld in this one?
just a foil for me today, thanks
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon May 20, 2019 4:24 pm

hunterjax wrote:my biggest gripe about last night's finale . . . Tyrion says he has had "weeks" to think about who should be king, so it wasn't years that passed when that meeting happens, but somehow, Winter is already over!
I assumed that was the ash from the nuclear fallout of the dragon attack, not snow. Pretty sure I'm right on that.

Also Grey Worm teleporting was really obvious and jarring.

Overall, meh. So much fudge that was so important for 5 or 6 seasons ended up meaning nothing. Disappointing when considering how great this show was and how basic it ended up being in the end.
ImageImageImageImageImage