Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue May 14, 2019 9:33 am

Thinker wrote:How about that Qyburn death scene though?

Gotta be one of the best death scenes in Game of Thrones. Simple, not much flare, but dayum I did not see that coming. I'd take more death scenes like that than any of the death scenes in this season so far. (except maybe Jorahs)

By the way, easily the best hand of the king/queen in the show.
Agreed. Really liked Qyburn, and his death was my favorite moment of the episode.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
guryter
Art Expert

Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 am

0:16 of that video, varys with hair holy fudge.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue May 14, 2019 2:48 pm

This fudge is getting so bad, it making me feel bad for watching the other seasons. Pretty to watch, but the story is turning to a confused mess of whiplash character transformations.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 pm

If Bronn wants Highgarden so bad he should just go take it. It's been sitting empty since the show creators reduced House Tyrell to four people, and killed them all off in two episodes.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri May 17, 2019 4:12 am

The ending storyline with Jaime is a bit whack but I have enjoyed this series immensely. It's almost over. :cry:

Found an interesting comment online about the show worth a read..

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. - One of the world's most powerful people of the 20th and 21st century, Henry Kissinger, once said this. And who was it that stated the following? "Show me one who would be King and I'll show you a fool!" I forget but there's a wealth of truth behind that statement as well. Folks still expect a happy ending with this Game of Thrones series, all the while forgetting that its premise and leitmotiv right from the very start was to show the wickedness inherent to the human species and a whole palette of further despicable traits to the audience captured in its bane. Well, sorry to say, but in that regard the show delivers and in spades. Wasn't its audience forewarned more than once? What with hints about how the mad-king had burned to cinders countless innocents? Yet, still, people believed that Daenerys would somehow end up different... All of the assassinations and further vile and perverse actions that permeated throughout the show?

Then came the moment of ultimate truth and people felt cheated and disgusted. Truth be told, they weren't cheated, not one single bit. They were given their most hidden thoughts and fantasies on a silver platter and this is what vexes them. This singular truth makes them feel betrayed and many shout out that they want their money back, that this sort of outcome isn't the reward they had wanted and or awaited, that this finale is the result of "poor story-telling" and that the manifold Hollywood writers had somehow taken this tale away from its author and perverted the story's ending. Yet how else was it to end after having been so harshly spun in the first place? And didn't they all see the author's name as co-producer to the show in the opening credits of each and every episode and this right from the very first episode and all the way to this one. C'mon.

Dragons as a weapon of mass destruction really hit it home for me. That there are people in this here real-world who create such "dragons" and who wouldn't hesitate to use them against countless innocents just to "win and keep" whatever it is they think they are defending or fighting for. Human nature at its vilest yet the masses just accept the given; like the many citizens of King's Landing who cheered on while King Joffrey, usurper to the throne, had Eddard Stark beheaded.

"No One Is Innocent and if you are part of the problem then you are guilty by design." This is the statement the author hammers home with this sombre tale. He espouses the mindset of a terrorist with said tale and yet, at the end of it all, when vengeance has been carried out and the audience finally learns and now knows that two wrongs never a right make, a certain solace is still hoped for...

Daenerys ends up leaving an even darker and brutal legacy than Cersei ever will. Oh what irony.

The scene where Arya, finally heeding the words of the Hound, escapes the burning ruins of what once was King's Landing on the back of a very frightened white steed speaks volumes to the universal truth pertaining to vengeance; it only begets further grief and sorrow and nothing can ever be truly won from it. After the fleeting gleeful satisfaction that never lasts only empty desolation remains.

Depressing as drymount, alas all too true. A fitting tale for the times we live in. 10/10

Peace and Love.
Image Image Image Image
southerngarden
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2019 2:26 pm

I read a funny meme the other other day giving props to Lena Headey for making a million dollars an episode to just stand at the balcony drinking a glass of wine. thats awesome and true. she hasn't had to do fudge, she's had like 12 lines maybe, and yet gets paid that much money. she's the winner here imo.
kyler4444
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Interesting read

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/05/ga ... -so-smart/

Keep in mind this is satire.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
Thinker
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 17, 2019 5:50 pm

southerngarden wrote:I read a funny meme the other other day giving props to Lena Headey for making a million dollars an episode to just stand at the balcony drinking a glass of wine. thats awesome and true. she hasn't had to do fudge, she's had like 12 lines maybe, and yet gets paid that much money. she's the winner here imo.
Saw that too. It's a funny thing to think.

I'm sure Lena and the Producers see it much much differently though. While her contract may be for Season 8, she's getting paid for her work across all 8 seasons, whether directly or indirectly.

What's the story about Picasso drawing the picture on the napkin in the cafe for that lady?
mtarail
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2019 10:57 pm

I agreed with pretty much every word of this article:

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thron ... n-troubles
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 18, 2019 3:56 am

Yeah that Ringer piece is pretty accurate.

Considering the polarizing episode last week, I would love to see Varys actually succeed in poisoning Dany. Last week you saw him continue to try in the first scene with the Kitchenaid (zing).

What if V did succeed? Like a slow maddeningly poison that robbed Dany of her senses at a pivotal moment, and only having everyone realize that, when Jon cleaves her in two. Would that be heartbreaking and give some relief to the dumbfounded masses sighing ‘ohhhh that’s why!’ Would that make ya feel sorry for the idiotic Jon?

drymount I hate deontological people lol.
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 18, 2019 10:55 am

mtarail wrote:I agreed with pretty much every word of this article:

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thron ... n-troubles
This was a good read.
Thinker
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 18, 2019 12:34 pm

Devours wrote:Yeah that Ringer piece is pretty accurate.

Considering the polarizing episode last week, I would love to see Varys actually succeed in poisoning Dany. Last week you saw him continue to try in the first scene with the Kitchenaid (zing).

What if V did succeed? Like a slow maddeningly poison that robbed Dany of her senses at a pivotal moment, and only having everyone realize that, when Jon cleaves her in two. Would that be heartbreaking and give some relief to the dumbfounded masses sighing ‘ohhhh that’s why!’ Would that make ya feel sorry for the idiotic Jon?

drymount I hate deontological people lol.
His final comment "I truly hope I am wrong" wouldn't really make much sense then. It would pretty much mean "I hope I poisoned her for no reason"
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat May 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Question about dragon fire. When Drogos is burning the city his fire smashes walls down as he attacks, so it must have some weight to it i.e. it is not just flame but a heavy flammable liquid at high pressure. But when they torched Varys, his body wasn’t blown back by the force of the attack. So can Drogon control the type of attack he uses? Couldn’t really think of anything else to complain about that hasn’t already been discussed. :P
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 18, 2019 2:13 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Question about dragon fire. When Drogos is burning the city his fire smashes walls down as he attacks, so it must have some weight to it i.e. it is not just flame but a heavy flammable liquid at high pressure. But when they torched Varys, his body wasn’t blown back by the force of the attack. So can Drogon control the type of attack he uses? Couldn’t really think of anything else to complain about that hasn’t already been discussed. :P
Yep Varys was gently simmered lol.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Ya the fire is voice activated dats why Dany said dracrarius all softly and fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.