Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Devours
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:28 am

Mon May 13, 2019 4:42 am

I despise what the writers have done to Dany. Writing her into the predictable corner that she is the mad Queen when that is not the case. All nuance and incremental steps of power shown in previous seasons have been ignored. At no time has anyone had her back when she hit WinterFell. She has suffered the greatest losses, made the most sacrifices, has been correct in the betrayal of others. Her whole life she believed she was the last, the true heir. The incest is not a big deal as they were never raised together, never knew of each other, would not bear any children regardless. She reacted the right way. It’s not power hungry, she is simply more suited for it. She has been right about everyone, unlike Tyrion who has lost all charm and usefulness this season.

I hate that Jon is a deontologist. It suits how incredibly stupid he is because his ethics do not balance principle with pragmatism. His purity has been shown to be dangerous in the past. He is not a good leader, should not sit on the Iron Throne. Yo bro, do you really care about the Soldiers that didn’t come and help at Winterfell? Did you not lose anyone you loved? Nope. And now Jon will be the one to end Dany’s life right?...and Drogon too? (F U not giving Ghost a hug).

Because Arya suddenly cares for the people of King’s Landing that cheered when her father was beheaded, a place where Sansa was held, a massive portion of the city was culled so Cersai wouldn’t stand trial but that’s cool. I don’t condone all the people dying, I just didn’t really care. Cersai never did, why should Dany even though she never slaughtered in the past without a reason. drymount man she LOCKED up her dragons for a year because of one goddamn sheep herder. Uncharacteristic tonight but hey the writers want her mad for no reason, so be it.

Cersai dies in the arms of the man who loved her? That’s drymounting weak. That was one fine c u n t. Evil and cruel, she did not earn that gentle death.

CleganeBowl was aces. Greywurm gets it but may have his face used next week for nefarious purposes.

The Starks were great until this season. Varys was dead wrong. Dany not receiving the dignity or consistent story arc is infuriating.


....I really loved avengers:endgame.
Thinker
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Mon May 13, 2019 9:30 am

Devours wrote:I despise what the writers have done to Dany. Writing her into the predictable corner that she is the mad Queen when that is not the case. All nuance and incremental steps of power shown in previous seasons have been ignored. At no time has anyone had her back when she hit WinterFell. She has suffered the greatest losses, made the most sacrifices, has been correct in the betrayal of others. Her whole life she believed she was the last, the true heir. The incest is not a big deal as they were never raised together, never knew of each other, would not bear any children regardless. She reacted the right way. It’s not power hungry, she is simply more suited for it. She has been right about everyone, unlike Tyrion who has lost all charm and usefulness this season.

I hate that Jon is a deontologist. It suits how incredibly stupid he is because his ethics do not balance principle with pragmatism. His purity has been shown to be dangerous in the past. He is not a good leader, should not sit on the Iron Throne. Yo bro, do you really care about the Soldiers that didn’t come and help at Winterfell? Did you not lose anyone you loved? Nope. And now Jon will be the one to end Dany’s life right?...and Drogon too? (F U not giving Ghost a hug).

Because Arya suddenly cares for the people of King’s Landing that cheered when her father was beheaded, a place where Sansa was held, a massive portion of the city was culled so Cersai wouldn’t stand trial but that’s cool. I don’t condone all the people dying, I just didn’t really care. Cersai never did, why should Dany even though she never slaughtered in the past without a reason. drymount man she LOCKED up her dragons for a year because of one goddamn sheep herder. Uncharacteristic tonight but hey the writers want her mad for no reason, so be it.

Cersai dies in the arms of the man who loved her? That’s drymounting weak. That was one fine c u n t. Evil and cruel, she did not earn that gentle death.

CleganeBowl was aces. Greywurm gets it but may have his face used next week for nefarious purposes.

The Starks were great until this season. Varys was dead wrong. Dany not receiving the dignity or consistent story arc is infuriating.


....I really loved avengers:endgame.
^This 1000000000%

I bend over backwards to make excuses for GOT cause I am such a big fan but after last night I just can't do it anymore. Was I on the edge of my seat and entertained for the entire episode? Yes. Were there multiple moments where I said to myself, "Damn this is awesome" ? Yes. But they dropped the ball on the most important things, the characters.

Danaerys this great liberator turns on a dime for no reason. No real reason at all. Like, they started to build to a reason, it would have been a weak, rushed reason but they had it there - everyone abandoning her and her being alone. Then they take that awat with the bell ringing, she has won - but then she goes apeshit anyway, it made no real sense.

Jaime and Euron's fight was dumb.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 21737
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Mon May 13, 2019 9:43 am

I'm now firmly pro-GoT on the basis of screwing over so many people who named their children after Dany. CHAOOOOOOOOOOOS
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8118
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Mon May 13, 2019 10:09 am

for all the people complaining the battle of winterfell didn't have enough deaths in it i hope your blood lust was properly quenched.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13436
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Mon May 13, 2019 10:10 am

The crazy/inbred gene finally caught up with everyone's beloved mother. I mean, she's what? 23? That's plenty young to grow into your crazy, maniacal ancestry. I haven't been into this season so far but I can say I enjoyed the development much more than I would have if the bells rang, Dany won, and the episode ended with her bathed in holy light sitting on the iron throne. Is that what everyone wanted/expected?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8118
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Mon May 13, 2019 10:15 am

yeah. more or less. it would've been nice to see a character actually want to break the wheel of the violence of previous wars and rulers and forage a new path for herself.

im curious to see it all play out.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12674
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Mon May 13, 2019 10:20 am

Ego + Abandonment/Betrayal + Targaryen coin flip

I really liked the episode. The explosions of wildfire scattered throughout the destruction were a nice touch. I saw them as the crazy Targaryen coming to the surface.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12674
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Mon May 13, 2019 10:24 am

But, I'll agree that Cersei's death seemed too good for her. And Mountain v. Hound was kind of underwhelming. And also wouldn't all of Dany's army been killed in that chaos? She didn't seem to be very discriminating. And yet again a major character, Arya, miraculously survives a situation where she should have been killed 5x over.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4374
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Mon May 13, 2019 10:51 am

memba when all the Dothraki charged against the Night King's army and now they mysteriously at King's Landing? that's my only gripe. very minimal. i'm all in on the chaos.

my original prediction was that everyone dies trying to achieve the iron throne, quench my blood lust HBO!
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51220
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 am

jjbehren wrote:Ego + Abandonment/Betrayal + Targaryen coin flip

I really liked the episode. The explosions of wildfire scattered throughout the destruction were a nice touch. I saw them as the crazy Targaryen coming to the surface.
Zactly. Throughout all of her "liberation" and "kumbaya" was always the thirst to be on the Irone Throne. She realized that even if she "won" it was only a matter of time before everyone was clamoring for Snow, and she would be out of power. The word had already been put out that he was the true rightful heir to the throne. Also, Snow no longer wanted to touch her. While the incest might not be a big deal among weirdo Targaryens, they've shown that it's a much bigger deal among other houses.

P.S.
Image
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 21737
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Mon May 13, 2019 11:34 am

The show could've handled a lot of it better, but yeah, this show also made us like Sean Bean then chopped his head off in the first season. It thrives on kicking you in the emotional crotch.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
kyler4444
Art Expert
Posts: 1701
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:16 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Mon May 13, 2019 11:47 am

I'm curious where asha yara greyjoy and Bronn are in all of this?
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10330
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Mon May 13, 2019 11:48 am

Really loving all this saltiness.

Also: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/ ... 36-852.png
Thinker
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Mon May 13, 2019 11:55 am

cotis wrote:memba when all the Dothraki charged against the Night King's army and now they mysteriously at King's Landing? that's my only gripe.
Like 15 of them maybe. Some made it back from their charge against the Night King, it is seen very clearly in the episode when Jorah also returns.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4374
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Mon May 13, 2019 12:17 pm

kyler4444 wrote:I'm curious where asha yara greyjoy and Bronn are in all of this?
Yara went to Iron Islands to hold them safe

Bronn just waiting to get his payday so he can drymount off
Post Reply