Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 pm

I won't say that was quite unwatchable on my tv but it certainly was unenjoyable. Any emotional impact was far overshadowed by me just trying to figure out what the hell was going on most of the time.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
Thinker
Art Enthusiast

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:56 pm

I thought the way Mellissandra was used was perfect too.

So now why can't Arya just take Jaime's face and waltz into King's Landing and stab Cersei in the stomach and win that battle for everyone too? Don't give me, "Cersei wants Jaime dead now" excuse cause that's BS. I guess cause now everyone has bonded over their victory and they're not going to kill Jaime just to use his face? Is there anyone in the 7 kingdoms left Cersei would let her guard down to? -- If not, then the show has succeeded in making that part believable.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:58 pm

Thinker wrote:
Is there anyone in the 7 kingdoms left Cersei would let her guard down to?
Qyburn?
SPAC04
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:53 pm

My only real problem with the last episode ( aside from typical minor grievances/ lack of commitment to killing off more beloved characters in the melee) is that now that the White Walker threat is over the show lacks the conflict that has been present since episode one. Though the episode itself was very climactic, it'll be hard to muster the tension that the Knight King/ undead army provided.

...imo

Obv im still looking forward to the resolution of the series.
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:27 pm

I loved the elegance of the smaller scenes even though the decimation of the Dothraki was incredible.

The silent tension of Arya in the library where you think there are only 3 or 4. More like 20. Gregane's absolute terror forgotten in one hallway.

Beric having an amazing 'Hodor' moment as it's revealed that his 19 brutal deaths and resurrections had a destiny. Beric saves the girl that slays the Night King.

Red Woman turning up to help and reminding Arya of who she is. No soldier but assassin. All that exquisite training for this purpose. Arya remembers.

Red Woman, her purpose complete after centuries of trying to find the prophecy from Stannis to Jon, she can finally turn to dust before dawn. Peace.

Jon's failure to save Bran and his anguish in full force with raging bellows towards Viserion.

Bran warging out (next episode reveal) but giving Theon kindness and closure. 'You are home'.

Ghost should have been guarding Sansa and enjoying all of the Stark bones for snacks. Tyrion kissing Sansa on the hand.

Jorah dying exactly how he wanted and the full range of emotion by Dany (drymounting finally) as Drogon flies down to console her tenderly. No words needed.

The same kind of music and scene editing similar to Westworld which was terrific. I loved the episode and more deaths are coming. No main character is going to perish without their due screen time, so considering how MUCH was going on last night and the death toll at six, the house of Mormont and Theon were the longest losses to watch. Cersai still has significant numbers and there are more wrap ups needed. Jamie killing her (please), Hound vs Mountain, Jon and Dany working out who rules if either survive. Another dragon falls? MORE Ghost needed!!

(y'all need to sell a few precious prints to buy a 4K TV. The episode was sex on a stick ;) )
Drink Life

Image T.K.C.
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:34 am

Dog squeeze.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:17 am

Weekend of Trey shows > add-on processing day at the Hampton Inn Shelton > major thunderstorms> satellite TV goes at hotel out at 730 > have to watch episode on HBO GO on iPad > squinterfell. :lol: Frustrating. Rewatched last night here at home, much better. The couple of shots of the dragons flying together in the moonlight were 2 of the most beautiful scenes in the series. Gorgeous.

Who decided to have archers defend Bran in a clear melee setting near the tree? And have we ever even seen Theon shoot an arrow, much less be an expert marksman? Maybe in some earlier episode but I sure don’t remember it. Appreciated Bran giving him some peace but that was some horseshit.

Melisandre certainly killed it. Loved when she rode by Grey Worm and they valar’d each other.

Arya the Librarian scenes were straight up Walking Dead and made me cringe. There was zero tension in those crypts for me, I was certain she’d be fine.

Sansa: you were the best of them. Tyrion: I might get some ginger minge after all. Sansa: not bloody likely.

Watching Brienne battle took me right back to watching Navratilova v. Evert. Let’s hope she grunts like that once Tormund pops her cherry.
Thinker
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:00 am

SPAC04 wrote:the show lacks the conflict that has been present since episode one.
I get that, but, we're at the end of the show. There are 3 episodes left.

Side Note..... I have a a sneaking suspicion there is going to be a huge betrayal of some kind in the North, perhaps Red Wedding Style. It feels like the last 3 episodes need something a little more than just a battle with Cersei... it would end on a real shocker that has been the signature of GOT... Dany and Jon's drama over learning about his mother/father has not really concluded and needs to.... and the previews from next week are super Dany heavy. Oh and she is wearing Red for the first time. Just a hunch.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:24 am

earlgreytoast wrote: So you guys think there are any big surprises left in the series? Like Dany turning on Jon at some point and obliterating him with a dragon to insure her taking the throne?
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:59 am

Thinker wrote: Is there anyone in the 7 kingdoms left Cersei would let her guard down to?
Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, currently en route to Winterfell to kill the Lannister bros on Cersei's orders.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
mike123230
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:32 am

"Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good." - me, as Melisandre took off her necklace. My wife was not as amused as I was.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:45 am

earlgreytoast wrote:
Sansa: you were the best of them. Tyrion: I might get some ginger minge after all. Sansa: not bloody likely.

Watching Brienne battle took me right back to watching Navratilova v. Evert. Let’s hope she grunts like that once Tormund pops her cherry.
Typical EGT...
Thinker
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:32 pm

tourist504 wrote:
Thinker wrote: Is there anyone in the 7 kingdoms left Cersei would let her guard down to?
Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, currently en route to Winterfell to kill the Lannister bros on Cersei's orders.
Thought of that but that won't work because the two actors can't be in the same scene.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Thinker wrote:
tourist504 wrote:
Thought of that but that won't work because the two actors can't be in the same scene.
context: https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/cer ... kup-2017-8
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:06 pm

Oh wow, I had no idea. Real professionals, those two. :roll:

Wonder what the Mountain’s fate will be. Remember the Hound saying something to him in the dragon pit, like You know who’s coming for you, or something. Hmmmm