Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:38 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Reek coming in to save the day was more lulsy than any of the dragon riding fudge.
That was some very weak ass fudge, too.
That Theon Yara rescue plot was def eventually going to happen, I'm glad they got that fudge out of the way quickly.
Image Image
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:42 pm

spunkmonkey wrote:Hell, the white walkers were introduced in the books in the prologue of A Game of Thrones (before any human character of note).
White walkers were in the first episode of the show before the opening credits.

Also, the head white walker has kind of been referred to in the books. They just call it the Great Other, not the night king. The show calling it the night king is just a half assed attempt to play off of lore from the books.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:43 pm

Rob Mcelhenney of Its Always Sunny was one of the guys who took a bolt to the head during Theon's rescue. :lol:
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:29 pm

I enjoyed the ep for what it was, the start of the end. The dragon ride was just to setup the fact that Jon can ride the dragons as well. Aside from the cheesiness, I loved seeing an extended dragon scene. I also liked the look on Drogon‘s face when Jon went to kiss Daenerys. All in all not the best or worst episode.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:29 pm

wait, so Cersei has another Jaime bun in the oven? I guess I forgot about this..
Gigantico
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:41 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Rob Mcelhenney of Its Always Sunny was one of the guys who took a bolt to the head during Theon's rescue. :lol:
HA!

Thanks for pointing that out. Gotta be one of my fav parts of the series now as a always sunny fan.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:42 am

wonkabars7 wrote:Show jumped the shark when snow came back..
YOU'RE RIGHT, IT WAS 100%, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, SUPER REALISTIC AND TOTALLY BELIEVABLE UP UNTIL THEN
RadRacing
Art Expert

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:49 am

Gigantico wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Rob Mcelhenney of Its Always Sunny was one of the guys who took a bolt to the head during Theon's rescue. :lol:
HA!

Thanks for pointing that out. Gotta be one of my fav parts of the series now as a always sunny fan.
Martin Starr (Freaks & Geeks, Silicon Valley) too
https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/15/game-of-th ... tin-starr/
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 am

Philpenn wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Any guesses as to what weapon Arya wants Gendry to make for her? A portable face-slicer?
Just looked like her dagger, but with an obsidian blade instead of Valyrian steel.
Saw a closeup of her drawing. It's a large spear with a gigantic spearhead with the word "dragonglass" written underneath. The front end of the spear is detached from the body which suggests it is meant to be launched. Pretty sure this will be used to kill the ice dragon.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 am

That crossed my mind too, but I didn't see anything that indicated the ability to fire the blade. Took it as more of a two part sketch. The blade, and the hilt.
Thinker
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:32 am

tourist504 wrote:
Philpenn wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Any guesses as to what weapon Arya wants Gendry to make for her? A portable face-slicer?
Just looked like her dagger, but with an obsidian blade instead of Valyrian steel.
Saw a closeup of her drawing. It's a large spear with a gigantic spearhead with the word "dragonglass" written underneath. The front end of the spear is detached from the body which suggests it is meant to be launched. Pretty sure this will be used to kill the ice dragon.
In one of the Trailers to the season you see Arya twirling around the spear Oberyn style. It's that.
Thinker
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:35 am

RadRacing wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:Show jumped the shark when snow came back..
YOU'RE RIGHT, IT WAS 100%, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, SUPER REALISTIC AND TOTALLY BELIEVABLE UP UNTIL THEN
Normally I would agree that bringing a character back to life like that is a cheap trick but they set the precedent pretty well that the ability to do so exists in the show - and it served a much larger purpose character-wise as eventually Jon Snow will have needed a big reason to abandon the black and a betrayal of that level is one of the few things that could do it.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 am

Only wonka would hate on that scene - one of the best in the series.

Think Bran can warg into the ice dragon? That would be too easy right? Prolly can only warg into a living creature.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:47 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Only wonka would hate on that scene - one of the best in the series.

Think Bran can warg into the ice dragon? That would be too easy right? Prolly can only warg into a living creature.
I was thinking the same thing. But the show has established that he can connect mind-to-mind with the Night King (or at least the Night King can connect to his mind, so it should work both ways) . . . so maybe he can? That would be a pretty drymounting cool twist in the final battle.
bhutanpro
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:47 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:Everyone bitching about Danny/Jon flying scene is forgetting they're in their honeymoon phase. Of course they're gonna try to be all cute. Also it was for Jon to realize he can fly dragons, something only Targaryens can do.
Sooooo... you'd think Danny knows this, right? Does the flying scene establish that she knows he's a Targaryen and possibly holds a more legitimate claim on the throne than she does?
ImageImageImageImageImage