Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:26 pm

wait, what season had the yellow king?
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:41 pm

Everyone bitching about Danny/Jon flying scene is forgetting they're in their honeymoon phase. Of course they're gonna try to be all cute. Also it was for Jon to realize he can fly dragons, something only Targaryens can do.

The Jon reveal about his parents isn't a big thing for the audience because we already know. Not only that everyone has known since the show started. It's a theory that's been around since forever. Might as well skip the overdramatic fudge and get into Sam wanting to overthrow Danny.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:57 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:wait, what season had the yellow king?
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:09 pm

Not comparing the show to the books, hate when people do that. BUUUUUT. I find it really interesting - Do you guys (who have not read the books) know that the Night King is not even a character in the Books? Like he does not exist at all in the books. The closest thing is the Night's King but he is human and just mentioned, he isn't in it either. The entire conflict with the Night King is not apart of the books so who the hell knows how the books will end.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Thinker wrote:Not comparing the show to the books, hate when people do that. BUUUUUT. I find it really interesting - Do you guys (who have not read the books) know that the Night King is not even a character in the Books? Like he does not exist at all in the books. The closest thing is the Night's King but he is human and just mentioned, he isn't in it either. The entire conflict with the Night King is not apart of the books so who the hell knows how the books will end.
Well, the conflict hasn't come yet in the books, but it's certainly headed in the same direction; the show just pulled it all in much sooner and sprinkled it throughout. The books haven't formally intro'd him, but it's pretty clear he's out there Beyond the Wall.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:05 pm

That episode was pretty good and I enjoyed it.

Some of you act like you've never flown dragons with someone you're falling in love with and it shows.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Pretty standard 1st episode of a season. Not sure what you guys are wanting from the "reveal" to Jon Snow? Thought that scene was great, from the setup of Bran telling Sam to deliver the news to Sam letting his dislike for Dany show after getting the Dickon news. What do you want - 10 minutes of Jon panting and staring in disbelief?

Biggest reveal of the episode is that Cersei is looking to kill Jaimie at the first opportunity. That is some drymounted up fudge, the father of her unborn child. Also great that she slept with Euron - there really is no depth to which she will not sink.

Any guesses as to what weapon Arya wants Gendry to make for her? A portable face-slicer?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Reek coming in to save the day was more lulsy than any of the dragon riding fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

The Jamie-Bran starefest at the end really did it for me. :clap:
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:21 pm

EB GoTers you made my day.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 pm

I liked the episode a lot. Some necessary ground was covered and well-written I thought, and enjoyable.

Thinker wrote:Not comparing the show to the books, hate when people do that. BUUUUUT. I find it really interesting - Do you guys (who have not read the books) know that the Night King is not even a character in the Books? Like he does not exist at all in the books. The closest thing is the Night's King but he is human and just mentioned, he isn't in it either. The entire conflict with the Night King is not apart of the books so who the hell knows how the books will end.
To be fair: yet. The books are only at the point of Jon's 'death' and Bran and Meera (and Hodor) are still under the Children's Weirwood tree.

Having said the GRRM has alluded to the idea he might not exist the same way , or at all in the books. But the White Walkers and the wights do exist, so far. So that entire threat from beyond the wall, Night King or no, exists and is going to be crucial in the books.
tourist504 wrote:The Jamie-Bran starefest at the end really did it for me. :clap:
That was perfect 8) Glad they saved it til the end. Awkwaaarrrrd...
Image Image
middayshadows
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm

hunterjax wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Eh, once the Night King got introduced the entire complexion of the show changed. I'm enjoying it for what it is but it was never gonna be the same show as it was pre-Night King.
So just the first season? Didn't Night King change the baby in the final scene of Season 1?
Season 4, episode 4
Image Image
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:21 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Any guesses as to what weapon Arya wants Gendry to make for her? A portable face-slicer?
Just looked like her dagger, but with an obsidian blade instead of Valyrian steel.
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:27 pm

So that entire threat from beyond the wall, Night King or no, exists and is going to be crucial in the books.
Exactly. I know that some don't dig the "magical" aspects of the show, but it's integral. Hell, the white walkers were introduced in the books in the prologue of A Game of Thrones (before any human character of note). I think R+L=J will get more screen time. Does Jon even believe it at this point? Sam doesn't offer any proof, and Jon might suspect him of making fudge up because he's pissed his family was offed. We shall see...
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:32 pm

Codeblue wrote:Reek coming in to save the day was more lulsy than any of the dragon riding fudge.
That was some very weak ass fudge, too.
earlgreytoast wrote:Also great that she slept with Euron - there really is no depth to which she will not sink.
I think she's just got the prego horny thing going right now. Plus, Euron is dreamy af.