Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm

fredo wrote:I'm just trying to help you out on the comedy side.
Oh, no dobut. I didn't think otherwise. I'm sorry if I came off as being short with you. That was not my intention. You're a good guy, fredo.
fredo
Art God

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:19 pm

None taken!
just a foil for me today, thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:30 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Ha-ha! Fer sure, blue.
senorbadfish
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:50 pm

IWish wrote:The internets is my thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I just had a thought. Are there any magic swords that have been MIA? Specifically, during Aegon's conquest of KL? It'd be kind of cool to find out that a sword has been hidden in plain sight for 300 years. One that was cleverly hidden among the iron swords that were forged to create the throne.

Or, maybe Sam will discover that a Valyrian steel sword is hidden there...one that has been engraved with the 'recipe' for making Valyrian steel.

As far as missing swords off the top of my head, there's Brightroar, the house sword of Lannister that went missing on an expedition to Valyria. Nobody made it back.
Dark Sister, Bloodraven's Targ sword - could show up in the books
Books - Nobody has heard of Widow's Wail since Joff died. In the show, it looks like Jaime will carry it north with him.
Could see Sam giving Heartsbane to The Hound at Bran's re portrayal. It has to be incredibly difficult to do what he's done in complete monotone. Sam and Bran are something I didn't realize how bad I wanted until that door opened.

There's also that matter of Euron being separated from that Valyrian armor.
agr719
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:57 am

IWish wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:They probably just shot it upside down to give you a view similar to Tyrion as he's being pulled along. A view of someone injured being dragged along a battle field. Dont read too much into it
I get what you're sayin', but...

...this would be the correct view from Tyrion's perspective. Tyrion is lying on his back face-up. The sky should be above him.

Instead, they shot the scene from this perspective. The sky is down/earth is up. I'm not going to dwell on it, but that fudge AIN'T RIGHT.

Yes, but if you had the crap kicked out of you in a massive battle, you may be slightly disoriented when you finally came to again. I think that was the intent, that it was jarring to wake up after that. It ain't right, but I also don't think it conveys anything more than a delirious "down is up" perspective. Like Jesse said, don't read too much into it.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Good thing we got two years to clear up the air.
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:55 pm

senorbadfish wrote:
IWish wrote:The internets is my thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I just had a thought. Are there any magic swords that have been MIA? Specifically, during Aegon's conquest of KL? It'd be kind of cool to find out that a sword has been hidden in plain sight for 300 years. One that was cleverly hidden among the iron swords that were forged to create the throne.

Or, maybe Sam will discover that a Valyrian steel sword is hidden there...one that has been engraved with the 'recipe' for making Valyrian steel.

As far as missing swords off the top of my head, there's Brightroar, the house sword of Lannister that went missing on an expedition to Valyria. Nobody made it back.
Dark Sister, Bloodraven's Targ sword - could show up in the books
Books - Nobody has heard of Widow's Wail since Joff died. In the show, it looks like Jaime will carry it north with him.
Could see Sam giving Heartsbane to The Hound at Bran's re portrayal. It has to be incredibly difficult to do what he's done in complete monotone. Sam and Bran are something I didn't realize how bad I wanted until that door opened.

There's also that matter of Euron being separated from that Valyrian armor.
Don't forget Blackfyre, the Conqueror's sword.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Valyrian steel swords that are MIA:

Blackfyre (lost at the end of the Blackfyre Rebellion)
Material: Valyrian steel
Owner: (House Targaryan) /Daemon Blackfyre (House Blackfyre)
Daemon Blackfyre is the bastard son of King Aegon IV the Unworthy (House Targaryan)

Dark Sister (lost during the Blackfyre Rebellion)
Owner: Visenya Targaryen (sister-wife of Aegon the Conqueror)

Brightroar (taken by Tommen II Lannister to ruins of Valyria and disappeared)
Owner: Tommen II Lannister

Thanks to those that provided info.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:09 am

^^ Of those three only Brightroar is correct. Blackfyre was taken to Essos post the first failed rebellion, and lost track of generations later. Dark Sister was wielded by Bloodraven up until his disappearance from The Watch. There's a few more, but like both Targ swords they don't even exist in GOT. You should really take this to the ASOIAF thread at this point. You should really read ASOIAF as well. Even if you're not trying to read Game/Clash/Storm/Feast/Dance, read the two novellas. (The Rouge Prince & The Princess and the Queen) They're both accounts of previous generations of Targaryens, and since they're told by highly unreliable narrators they're full of possible clues/small mysteries. Think you'd really dig them, and then you could sink into things that possibly matter.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:20 am

IWish
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Philpenn wrote: ...but like both Targ swords they don't even exist in GOT.
Dark Sister was mentioned in the show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7xQeOQ8_vs
Season 2
Arya Stark, posing as a common servant, discusses Visenya's role in the burning of Harrenhal with Tywin Lannister, who is surprised at the depth of her knowledge. She mentions that Visenya wielded Dark Sister.
Philpenn wrote: Dark Sister was wielded by Bloodraven up until his disappearance from The Watch.

Your reference that I quoted above, is from the book. Bloodraven taking possession of Dark Sister was not been mentioned in the show. I'm only discussing the possibility that it might be found during season 8. No harm in that, right?

----------------------------------------------
When Daemon died at the Battle of Redgrass Field his followers managed to recover the blade, and his half-brother Aegor "Bittersteel" Rivers led their surviving forces to flee east to the Free Cities, taking Blackfyre with them.

The sword itself presumably remained with Bittersteel in Tyrosh. What happened to it after his death, however, is unknown.
Regarding Blackfyre. Your reference is from the book and you are correct. Blackfyre has not been mentioned in the show, but I felt it worthy to add to the list. Again, I'm only discussing the possibility that it might be found during season 8.

----------------------------------------------

I'm only interested in what is seen in the show and make an effort to adhere to show info only. I might take liberties once in awhile to include information that is not in the show...only if it's about a minor subject - info that isn't going to make or break the show, but something that might be cool to see happen.

I really have no interest in joining another forum...one is enough for me. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:57 pm

I really have no interest in joining another forum...one is enough for me. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Not another forum. He's means the book thread in this forum.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm

I didn't know there was a book thread. Thanks, spunkmonkey.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:25 pm

Yeah, absolutely capable of mixing what's book only/show only/both at this point.