Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jason-bry
Flipper

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:08 am

bubbie wrote:I have not seen a single episode of Games of Throne. #truestory
Nobody's ever seen an episode of Games of Throne. #noshit
chimpun
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:33 am

I prefer to watch sport, like basketsball.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:49 am

The internets is my thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I just had a thought. Are there any magic swords that have been MIA? Specifically, during Aegon's conquest of KL? It'd be kind of cool to find out that a sword has been hidden in plain sight for 300 years. One that was cleverly hidden among the iron swords that were forged to create the throne.

Or, maybe Sam will discover that a valyrian steel sword is hidden there...one that has been engraved with the 'recipe' for making valyrian steel.

agr719
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:29 am

Gandalf's sword might be in the Iron Throne. So this is all happening on Middle Earth after the events of the Lord of the Rings. How's that for a rabbit hole?

mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:31 am

But did they have Philips head screws in Middle Earth?
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:06 am

IWish
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:33 am

agr719 wrote:Gandalf's sword might be in the Iron Throne. So this is all happening on Middle Earth after the events of the Lord of the Rings. How's that for a rabbit hole?
Ha-ha! It's probably just a look-alike sword likely put there by someone in the GOT's props department having a bit of fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell? Why not delve even deeper into that rabbit hole?

The creators of the title sequence stated this about the opening sequence map:
"The shape of this world is an inverted globe. The world is not actually on the outside of the sphere. It's on the inside of the sphere. It's its own little universe. In the center of it all, if you looked up, what we see as the sun is this giant astrolobe."

Video edited to start @ 2:24: (reference)
https://youtu.be/6jaBOwUBepU?t=2m24s
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this post was written in reference to a story based on a fantasy. I do not accept liability for any users who might take this fudge seriously.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:58 am

IWish wrote:I just had a thought. Are there any magic swords that have been MIA? Specifically, during Aegon's conquest of KL? It'd be kind of cool to find out that a sword has been hidden in plain sight for 300 years. One that was cleverly hidden among the iron swords that were forged to create the throne.
A theory that has been discussed before for sure. Don't think any known ones were lost during Aegon I's conquest, but a few absolutely were lost in years before/after. GOT fudged the Iron Throne like so many other things Martin created. This is the ASOIAF Iron Throne...

Made up of hundreds of thousands of swords, forged by the Black Dread. There absolutely could be a Valyrian blade in the mix having belonged to some lesser Reach/Westerner Lord, but seeing as it's all forged together by the same flame that melted Harrenhall, good luck removing it.

Also, the Gandolf sword is surely just a meaningless easter egg. Much like how Dragonstone is amongst the real life famous buildings in John Oliver's Last Week Tonight backdrop.
Last edited by Philpenn on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:00 am

IWish wrote:
agr719 wrote:Gandalf's sword might be in the Iron Throne. So this is all happening on Middle Earth after the events of the Lord of the Rings. How's that for a rabbit hole?
Ha-ha! It's probably just a look-alike sword likely put there by someone in the GOT's props department having a bit of fun.
Good point. I guess I was wrong and this doesn't actually take place in the Middle Earth universe.

IWish wrote:What the hell? Why not delve even deeper into that rabbit hole?

The creators of the title sequence stated this about the opening sequence map:
"The shape of this world is an inverted globe. The world is not actually on the outside of the sphere. It's on the inside of the sphere. It's its own little universe. In the center of it all, if you looked up, what we see as the sun is this giant astrolobe."

Video edited to start @ 2:24: (reference)
https://youtu.be/6jaBOwUBepU?t=2m24s
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this post was written in reference to a story based on a fantasy. I do not accept liability for any users who might take this fudge seriously.
Yeah, it's pretty easy to tell that the map is in a bowl as it moves from location to location. Also already established in this thread, the fact that the map at the beginning is literally one of the things hanging in the Citadel library.

I mean, it's a cool detail and all, but nothing revelatory.

I will close with a hearty :lol: to keep this whole thing light.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:09 am

We were told in the first couple episodes that their whole universe was contained inside the eyeball of a Giant. It's immediately dismissed by erryone as just being a tall tale told by Old Nan, but at this point all her other tall tales have been proven true.

Not actual spoiler Spoiler: Said Giant is a giant tortoise.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:14 am

Philpenn wrote: but seeing as it's all forged together by the same flame that melted Harrenhall, good luck removing it.
Drats! I was hoping for an "insert magic here" kind of situation. You know...like King Arthur/Sword in the Stone.
agr719 wrote:but nothing revelatory.
I totally agree. Just some info to make conversation.
agr719 wrote:I will close with a hearty :lol: to keep this whole thing light.
:wink: "keeping it real"

IWish
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 am

Philpenn wrote:We were told in the first couple episodes that their whole universe was contained inside the eyeball of a Giant. It's immediately dismissed by erryone as just being a tall tale told by Old Nan, but at this point all her other tall tales have been proven true.

Not actual spoiler Spoiler: Said Giant is a giant tortoise.
I think Old Nan has a stash of magic mushrooms. :lol: I'm not one to judge...go Nanny!
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:42 am

IWish wrote:
michaelmillichamp wrote: We haven't solved the mystery of philips head screws yet.
Says the guy who can't figure out dragon magic. :lol: drymount off. At least my post was a joke.
No one is taking anything you say as a joke, fyi.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 am

michaelmillichamp wrote:
IWish wrote:
michaelmillichamp wrote: We haven't solved the mystery of philips head screws yet.
Says the guy who can't figure out dragon magic. :lol: drymount off. At least my post was a joke.
No one is taking anything you say as a joke, fyi.
No problem, dragon breath guy. Dunno' why...but, I like you and didn't foe you like some of the other Dickons.

:lol: If you don't get responses from me after this...that just means that I've changed my mind.

Now, back to making "pratical" posts...sound good?
Mapman
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm

It's all in a Dyson Sphere, or maybe it's actually just Capt Jean-Luc Picard and Data in the holodeck. :lol: :lol: :lol: