Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Arya, pretty much, threatened Sansa by saying all she needed was her face.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:07 pm

IWish wrote:Tyrion was fantastic throughout this episode. When the war is ended, I hope he gets appointed as the Ambassador of the Seven Kingdoms...something along those lines.
You could argue that he did a pretty chitty job as Hand this season tho.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:54 pm

His character was wasted this season. It wasn't even him, it was like watching some boring characte in his body. This episode showed a return to form of sorts. His old wisecracks came out and he even drank wine. I missed the old Tyrion
ImageImage
middayshadows
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:12 am

Agreed he has been almost completely wasted, for 2 seasons IMO. I was happy to see his return to witty form in the finale and for him to have his big moment of success in playing diplomat. And even then we see that Cersei played him for a fool, and conned him into believing she would ally against the NK.

And she totally manipulated Tyrion into "discovering" she was preggers. Watching it again, knowing what her ploy was, you can see she was leading him by the nose: "Oh, I shall decline this alcohol you know I always drink," "Oh, observe how I rub my tummy just so...". C---.

There was a character that was wasted this season even more than Tyrion was though: Varys.

His highlight of the season = small talk with Melisandre as she left Westeros??
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:02 am

Haven't done my rewatch yet, and couldn't make it out on first viewing. Anyone sure on what Lyanna said Jon's first name was?
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:32 am

so was Tyrion more like...

"oh fudge, he's gonna knock her up."

or

"oh god, I conspired with my sister and I wanted to tell Dany but she was too busy with her nephew."
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:34 am

Philpenn wrote:Haven't done my rewatch yet, and couldn't make it out on first viewing. Anyone sure on what Lyanna said Jon's first name was?
Pretty positive she said Aegon.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:38 am

Yeah I couldn't make it out on first watch either, but internet says Aegon, so it must be true.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:45 am

Yes it's Aegon.

Weird thing about that is Rhaegar already had a son named Aegon. Elia Martell, his first wife, was the baby-momma. That Aegon was the one that was killed by the Mountain (along with Elia), that the Red Viper later tried to avenge in season 4. We all know where that got him.

Rhaegars first Aegon was still alive when Jon/Aegon was born. It'd be strange to have a sibling with the same name as you.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 am

cotis wrote:so was Tyrion more like...

"oh fudge, he's gonna knock her up."

or

"oh god, I conspired with my sister and I wanted to tell Dany but she was too busy with her nephew."
I think it was more "fudge, this is not a distraction that we need right now."
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:56 am

I did kind of wonder what Tyrion might have sacrificed in order to get Cercei's "agreement" to support their efforts. Even if she wasn't genuine in that promise, the fact that she even gave the pretense was a pretty big change in direction for her. Think he may have promised to surrender himself to her after the northern conflict?
So it goes...
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:03 am

mfaith wrote:I did kind of wonder what Tyrion might have sacrificed in order to get Cercei's "agreement" to support their efforts. Even if she wasn't genuine in that promise, the fact that she even gave the pretense was a pretty big change in direction for her. Think he may have promised to surrender himself to her after the northern conflict?
Or turn on Jon Snow, hence the uncomfortable look when he went to get some with his aunt.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:19 am

agr719 wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Haven't done my rewatch yet, and couldn't make it out on first viewing. Anyone sure on what Lyanna said Jon's first name was?
guryter wrote:Yeah I couldn't make it out on first watch either, but internet says Aegon, so it must be true.
middayshadows wrote:Yes it's Aegon.
Thought I heard Aegon too, just wasn't sure I didn't make it Aegon as that is the Targaryen name ie. The Conqueror. Could have been Aegor/Aemon as those are also Targaryen names, just a bit less so.

So indeed, the writers made Rhaegar name two kids in a row the same name. Of course those same writers made Cersie hire dragons to fight her enemy, a dragon.
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Philpenn wrote:
agr719 wrote:
guryter wrote:Yeah I couldn't make it out on first watch either, but internet says Aegon, so it must be true.
middayshadows wrote:Yes it's Aegon.
Thought I heard Aegon too, just wasn't sure I didn't make it Aegon as that is the Targaryen name ie. The Conqueror. Could have been Aegor/Aemon as those are also Targaryen names, just a bit less so.

So indeed, the writers made Rhaegar name two kids in a row the same name. Of course those same writers made Cersie hire dragons to fight her enemy, a dragon.
Rhaegar might not have been in on the naming. I'm thinking Lyanna bought into the whole Prince who was Promised mythology and Rhaegar had told her his name would be Aegon. With other Aegon dead, she figured she might as well set her baby up to have a shot at being TPWWP.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 pm

hunterjax wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
I think Bran is the NK
I'd avoided this theory for a while, but man, it does make a lot of sense.
Although, it makes sense...I can't help but to suspect that this is a mislead. I dig time travel stories, just don't want to see it again in the GOT's (Hodor).

My gut tells me that the NK's identity is a man from the ancient Targaryen line that also holds the first name of, "Aegon". NOT Jon Snow/Aegon, but perhaps another (unknown) bastard from that family line. Didn't one of the previous Targaryen kings have a bunch of bastard babies? DEBUNKED But, I still don't subscribe to the Bran=NK theory.

I think the Final Battle of the Great War will be at King's Landing. (King's Landing was founded by Aegon I, the Conqueror.) Using wildfire, Cersei wiped out half of the city surrounding the hill for a mile. They will herd the 100K wights into the dragon pit that is filled with wildfire (underneath). We still don't know the motivation of the current NK. It's quite possible that he wants to put an end to WW's/wights and will land his dragon (Ha-ha! "Kings Landing"...get it?) at the dragon pit to lure the wights to that location.

I have a feeling that Jaime's gold hand will play a big part in defeating the NK. Something to do with fire and Jaime being the only one who can accomplish the task by putting his gold hand into fire...perhaps to retrieve a flaming sword. (?) I look forward to watching Sam writing Jaime's story on that page in the Book of Brother's - as the Kingslayer, but who will be the "next" King that Jaime will kill that will help to fill his page in the book? Dunno'. The answer could be a part of the bittersweet ending teased by the books author.
Last edited by IWish on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.