Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Philpenn wrote:Why would Stannis just leave Dragonstone completely empty?
a) We don't know for sure he did.
b) If he did: probably because he had no intention of going back? Why would he? he had his army and was now going to rally the North and take the throne.
c) If he didn't: If you're a skeleton crew left behind and you see a large armada of ships that big and 3 dragons you're probably wise to get the drymount outta there.
Philpenn wrote: Why would Euron try and broker a deal when Ironborn only take what they want aka the iron price?
What? Making a deal to join forces and fight IS paying the Iron Price. Paying the Iron Price contrasts paying the Gold Price. Buying your way vs fighting your way. Your question doesn't make sense.
Philpenn wrote:Why would Cersie dispatch an army to the Riverlands when Jamie already settled the one remaining castle yet to bend the knee when she needs every soldier she can back at Kings Landing?
What? Seriously. What? He's not dispatched to the Riverlands, that was last season when the Black Fish came back and took it. He is going to Heigarten (sp?) for the grain he needs now.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:21 pm

I took it as Stannis used all his men to fight and when word came about that Stannis died, well people didn't want to stick around in a dinky castle waiting for it to be overthrown.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:24 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:
I took it as Stannis used all his men to fight and when word came about that Stannis died, well people didn't want to stick around in a dinky castle waiting for it to be overthrown.
Yeah. And I mean nothing can really grow there either. Not an ideal spot to be in... which is why Stannis was pissed he got stuck there in the first place as opposed to Storm's End.
Mapman
Art Expert

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:12 pm

That and when three dragons and a fleet came a calling the few remaining folks took off!
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 pm

He was also burning people alive there on the beach . . . anyone who didn't go North with him most likely took the opportunity to get the drymount away from him. :lol:
HisBobness
Art Expert

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:21 pm

The white walkers have giants!

&

Bed Pan Sam.

That is all.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Because he hated that place, it was never his castle or his home but only an outpost his brother told him to manage, because there was no food there except for seagulls and book binding glue, because it was cold and dark and isolated and shitty, and because him leaving meant one of two things: he'd be king and live in a nicer castle, or he'd be dead and live nowhere. He gave no drymounts about Dragonstone.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:51 am

Everyone saying Stannis doesn't care about Dragonstone: True he wanted Storm's End more than Dragonstone, as Storm's End is the seat of the Baratheons ever since they took it from the original Storm Kings the Durrandons. That in no way means he didn't want Dragonstone at all. It's the original seat of The Conqueror, not to mention it's a castle plain and simple. Most all people in that world aren't satisfied with one castle. The more the merrier. That way fathers can leave castles/Lordships to sons other than just their first. I totally agree that even if Stannis had left a small garrison to hold Dragonstone, they'd have thrown down their spears at the first sight of dragons. Maybe one or two cats declare they'd die before abandoning Stannis, and then they'd die.
BB8 wrote:What? Making a deal to join forces and fight IS paying the Iron Price. Paying the Iron Price contrasts paying the Gold Price. Buying your way vs fighting your way. Your question doesn't make sense.

What? Seriously. What? He's not dispatched to the Riverlands, that was last season when the Black Fish came back and took it. He is going to Heigarten (sp?) for the grain he needs now.

The iron price is taking what you want yourself, not making deals for it. Balon told us this when Robb offered him a similar deal. The Ironborn would not be Magellaning around the world to broker a deal with the Lannisters. They'd be sailing up the Mander to pillage what is an apparently empty Highgarden. (Spelled just like it sounds)

I'll play a similar card here, what? Did not say Jaime was dispatched to the Riverlands, I said Cersie sent an army there. Not really sure what to make of any of the rest of that either.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:10 am

Lols you guys arguing what paying the iron price means. As if Euron the brother/king killer, least trustworthy of all the ironborn, should be held to some higher level of ethics and morality.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:19 am

Please let it be known I'm not mad bro, or trying to force my views on errybody else. Just happy to pass some of the workday away discussing a world I'm massively nerdy for.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:41 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Lols you guys arguing what paying the iron price means. As if Euron the brother/king killer, least trustworthy of all the ironborn, should be held to some higher level of ethics and morality.
The true Iron Price is F5ing for Stouts and OMGKurtz.
:lol:
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:03 am

hunterjax wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Lols you guys arguing what paying the iron price means. As if Euron the brother/king killer, least trustworthy of all the ironborn, should be held to some higher level of ethics and morality.
"What's missed may never flip."
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:20 am

63schoeffling wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
"What's missed may never flip."
:clap:
dryerase
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:25 am

Been watching the show since the beginning of Season 2, but just ordered all the (available) books from Amazon. May the Lord of Light have mercy on me.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:27 am

DONT BRING BOOK SPOILERS IN HERE!