Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 am

Pretty pretty pretty stupid. Glad it's back, but man oh man.
seppuku
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 am

Are we allowed to discuss 'next time on' footage here?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:16 am

Great start to the season. Going to be jam-packed full of stuff.

Also, I love the placement of where Jaime and Cersei are standing on the map :pint:
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:41 am

seppuku wrote:Are we allowed to discuss 'next time on' footage here?
Personally, I don't watch the "next time on" because I like to go in fresh. So IMO, that stuff should stay out of here. But, ya knoww, whatever.

And you just reminded me, I really enjoyed the "previously on" for last night's episode as well. New style, really liked it.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:05 am

63schoeffling wrote:Also, I love the placement of where Jaime and Cersei are standing on the map :pint:
going to have to skim back and check this out...
seppuku
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 am

earlgreytoast wrote:
seppuku wrote:Are we allowed to discuss 'next time on' footage here?
Personally, I don't watch the "next time on" because I like to go in fresh. So IMO, that stuff should stay out of here. But, ya knoww, whatever.

And you just reminded me, I really enjoyed the "previously on" for last night's episode as well. New style, really liked it.
Fair enough, just saying there is a MASSIVE reveal in the 'next on' if people spot it.
Yeah that previously on was great for the Hound's scene and a few others.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am

I think anything that airs is game to discuss? that's like not discussing a movie trailer when you see it in theaters or online...

maybe just throw a spoiler tag at the front of your post?

i'd say maybe EB could install a spoiler tag but with all the other problems, I think that's probably not a great idea.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am

Everything should be fair game. If you have your own personal rules then that's on you.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:20 am

Curious if the Northern folk will feel threatened at all by Daenerys. It seems pretty much certain that Jon and her will work together. However, it would be interesting to see if Cersei would approach the North and offer a truce to fight against a fleet full of strangers and some dragons. We will help fight the White Walkers if you help fight the foreigners and dragons.
Small town pizza lawyer
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 am

I thought it was a good opener, really set the stage for not only this season, but pretty much the rest of the show going forward.

Cersei as the new Mad Queen is pretty fantastic.

Addressing the Jon v. Dani on the Iron Throne, the Targaryens always had sort of three heads of the Seven Kingdom - one for each of the three dragons . . . seems pretty obvious that they are setting that up to be Dany as the Queen, Jon and Tyrion as the other dragon riders (Tyrion already had scenes where the dragons were sensitive to him; Jon is the only other living Targaryen.) Debateable if Jon or Dani has the more rightful claim to the throne . . . Rhaegar would have been King when the Mad King was killed; since he was killed though, would the claim go to Dani as the next of-age Targaryen or to Jon as Rhaegar's son? This may have only been in the books, but at one point someone does confirm that Rhaegar and Lianna were secretly wed (Maester Aemon maybe confirmed this?), so when Jon's parentage is confirmed (by Howland Reed) he won't be a bastard anymore.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am

hunterjax wrote:I thought it was a good opener, really set the stage for not only this season, but pretty much the rest of the show going forward.

Cersei as the new Mad Queen is pretty fantastic.

Addressing the Jon v. Dani on the Iron Throne, the Targaryens always had sort of three heads of the Seven Kingdom - one for each of the three dragons . . . seems pretty obvious that they are setting that up to be Dany as the Queen, Jon and Tyrion as the other dragon riders (Tyrion already had scenes where the dragons were sensitive to him; Jon is the only other living Targaryen.) Debateable if Jon or Dani has the more rightful claim to the throne . . . Rhaegar would have been King when the Mad King was killed; since he was killed though, would the claim go to Dani as the next of-age Targaryen or to Jon as Rhaegar's son? This may have only been in the books, but at one point someone does confirm that Rhaegar and Lianna were secretly wed (Maester Aemon maybe confirmed this?), so when Jon's parentage is confirmed (by Howland Reed) he won't be a bastard anymore.
believe the title would actually go to Rhaegar's rightful heir, so Jon I think has the legitimate claim.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Luls. EBers already discussing book spoilers again huh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Loved Daenerys's homecoming. She sees the throne of her home and instead of sitting on it, she walks right past it to the war room. Literally just steps off the boat and wastes zero time in planning her attack. It was subtle but it was easily one of the most badass things she's done.
ImageImage
alteridiom
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 pm

noeldaddy wrote:Loved Daenerys's homecoming. She sees the throne of her home and instead of sitting on it, she walks right past it to the war room. Literally just steps off the boat and wastes zero time in planning her attack. It was subtle but it was easily one of the most badass things she's done.
Agreed. I started liking the character last season for the first time. She has finally moved past the whiny brat phase and is moving on to kicking ass.
Small town pizza lawyer
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Arya FTW