Game of Thrones

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51322
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:31 pm

Speaking of which, what was Margaery's plan before she got torched? Guess we'll never know.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
trarex
Art Expert
Posts: 7319
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Last edited by trarex on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
User avatar
jrsheppa
Art Expert
Posts: 5389
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: The South

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:40 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:right, because I am the first to call you idiots out in these 281 pages. gtfo.
Your avatar is on point for this convo.

Oh and Jamie kills Cersei. Deal with it.
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
Posts: 1145
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:20 pm

Sorry just watched the last episode. KING OF THE NORTH!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
Posts: 1145
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:22 pm

PapaVo wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:
matowest wrote:So, Jon is "King in the North," but does that change if folks find out he's not Ned's son? Does he have any claim to Winterfell by being Lyanna's son?
Little Lyanna (Mormont)'s speech basically made the point of "we don't care what the drymount your name is we'll follow you to the end"
She reminds me of alia atreides with her precociousness.

That's where her familiarity comes from. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Lady Mormont is a total BAMF. Killing it again. Great episode. Way to wrap up an awesome season. :clap:
So it goes...
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8162
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:18 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:I definitely think Dany dies but Snow will come out on top but just be like "ok I'm gonna go post up at Winterfell and hold fudge down in the North. I don't care about the Iron Throne and that nonsense. You guys can figure out who wants to sit on the throne but don't get it twisted... You gotta run fudge by me first when it comes to big boy decisions." Or something along those lines :lol:

And Tyrion is the third dragon rider. I think it's more than likely he is one of their cousins or brother as well.
Tyrion is no dragon rider. I wish that theory would die. It's more likely to me that Bran wargs into a dragon as the third "rider". It would take far too much explaining and would feel shoe-horned in to say "oh hey btw, not only Jon a Targ (which we've eluded to all along), but so is Tyrion"
100% I think Dany dies and Bran wargs into hers. Been my theory for about a year or so now but I think it's obvious Bran controls one of them. Idk if the technically all ride them or not, but basically control or have one. You get my gist.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3649
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:32 am

trarex wrote:Who knew.....who noticed ?
http://hellogiggles.com/old-town-librar ... s-credits/
I did, hadn't seen that cool closeup still though. Also noticed the Hightower should have been way taller. It, and Casterly Rock are the only Westerosi structures taller than the Wall. Kind of looked like it was releasing the ravens also.
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4876
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:08 am

Codeblue wrote:Speaking of which, what was Margaery's plan before she got torched? Guess we'll never know.
I thought for sure she had masterminded some big revenge plot, too, but given how it played out, I think we're supposed to believe that she just did what she had to do (i.e. adopt the religion, help convince the king to adopt the religion) so she and her brother could survive their current situation with the High Sparrow.
User avatar
machination
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 7847
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Maple Leaf Land
Contact:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:35 am

matowest wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Speaking of which, what was Margaery's plan before she got torched? Guess we'll never know.
I thought for sure she had masterminded some big revenge plot, too, but given how it played out, I think we're supposed to believe that she just did what she had to do (i.e. adopt the religion, help convince the king to adopt the religion) so she and her brother could survive their current situation with the High Sparrow.
Yes, exactly. I was hoping there was more, but the show kills off anyone.

Writers: let Arya reach her full potential, come on!

I'd rather not have only have Starks together in the end, leading kingdoms and riding dragons. They haven't been that smart yet. Only lately have they been more intelligent and less naive. They've got two more seasons left, and it's not even confirmed if the seasons will be a full, 10 episodes. There are more cunning leaders in the show right now, and they can't kill all of them off.
jrsheppa wrote:Oh and Jamie kills Cersei. Deal with it.
To me, Jamie is spineless. He didn't really try with his own children, pushed another one off a tower and crippled him, and was recently having a relationship with Cersei, without concern for his kids or anything else around him. Great for him if he kills her. Too late though!
Image
User avatar
PrintNoob87
Art Expert
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:18 am

Cersei reminds me a lot of Walter White all of a sudden. Always reactionary instead of thinking more than five seconds ahead, but it works for them for a good while. Also, always using family to justify the awful things she does. The only difference is I don't think Cersei has ever really felt the need to lie to herself about how terrible she is. And now just when she thinks she's finally at the top, she doesn't even realize how drymounted she really is.
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4876
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:30 am

PrintNoob87 wrote:Cersei reminds me a lot of Walter White all of a sudden. Always reactionary instead of thinking more than five seconds ahead, but it works for them for a good while. Also, always using family to justify the awful things she does. The only difference is I don't think Cersei has ever really felt the need to lie to herself about how terrible she is. And now just when she thinks she's finally at the top, she doesn't even realize how drymounted she really is.
The entire opening sequence was very Breaking Bad. Which, itself, was a nod to The Godfather, I suppose. Ain't nothin' new out there, but it was great, nonetheless :D
User avatar
PrintNoob87
Art Expert
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:38 am

matowest wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:Cersei reminds me a lot of Walter White all of a sudden. Always reactionary instead of thinking more than five seconds ahead, but it works for them for a good while. Also, always using family to justify the awful things she does. The only difference is I don't think Cersei has ever really felt the need to lie to herself about how terrible she is. And now just when she thinks she's finally at the top, she doesn't even realize how drymounted she really is.
The entire opening sequence was very Breaking Bad. Which, itself, was a nod to The Godfather, I suppose. Ain't nothin' new out there, but it was great, nonetheless :D
Yup, exactly. Instantly reminded me of Godfather and the prison wipe-out scene from BB.
User avatar
noeldaddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:54 am

A couple years ago I woulda totally agreed that Bran would warg into a dragon and "fly" -- these days not so much. He's so much more powerful than that now. His "flying" is being the 3-Eyed Raven. I mean I'm not ruling it out, I just think there's more that he can do and using him to turn into a dragon is kind of a waste
ImageImage
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3649
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Not to mention we've seen that Danny can ride Drogon, and Rhaegal and Viserion will just follow suit.
Post Reply